[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

[killer instinct] COMBO BREAKER!!!!! [killer instinct/]

...where do you all think this album will rank amongst the others nostalgia, hype, and etc. aside

Grad>CD>MBDTF>LR>808s

it hasn't come out yet...

...hence the "where do you think it will rank" piece I spoke to.

man college dropout is absolutely my favorite. imo his albums have consistently gotten worse over time. idk how this one is going to be

Originally Posted by bns1201

man college dropout is absolutely my favorite. imo his albums have consistently gotten worse over time. idk how this one is going to be

This

College Dropout is a classic in my eyes. I heard half the album months before it came out... I think there were only maybe 6 songs I hadn't already heard.

-We Don't Care
-Spaceship
-Last Call
-School Spirit
-Breathe In Breathe Out
-Get Em High

And the album was still so damn good.

Late Registration was another great album

Graduation was good, but a lot different sound. Good Morning, I Wonder, The Glory, Everything I am are great tracks. I still think Can't tell me nothing is one of his best singles.

I don't really count 808's as a true Kanye album, but I did enjoy the album a lot to be honest. Amazing was that song before it got played out during the NBA playoffs, and Street Lights had such a good vibe to it. 808's and Graduation are both albums I can't listen to anymore though, replay value on them isn't that great IMO.

...where do you all think this album will rank amongst the others nostalgia, hype, and etc. aside

Grad>CD>MBDTF>LR>808s

and my point is, it's a dumb question.  how do you rank something that, for all intents and purposes, doesn't exist yet?

then don't respond man. it's a message board, remember?

Where do you think the new Jay-Z album dropping will rank amongst his greats - Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, American Gangster, etc.?

then don't respond man. it's a message board, remember?

Where do you think the new Jay-Z album dropping will rank amongst his greats - Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, American Gangster, etc.?

roll.gif

Hey a lot of NT hate on American Gangster...

Grad>CD>MBDTF>LR>808s

and my point is, it's a dumb question.  how do you rank something that, for all intents and purposes, doesn't exist yet?

This. 

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

"All Of The Lights" feat. Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Elton John, Fergie, John Legend, The-Dream, TonyWilliams, Kid Cudi, Charlie Wilson, Ryan Leslie, and La Roux’s EllyJackson

absolutely a terrible idea...leave it as Kanye and thats it...the one that leaked is amazing!

I'm looking forward to seeing 'Runaway'....but more so for the music.

if the film ends up being dope, too, that's an added bonus. ha.

Everyone who has seen the film keeps raving about the album production. Should be heat rocks.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

This

College Dropout is a classic in my eyes. I heard half the album months before it came out... I think there were only maybe 6 songs I hadn't already heard.

-We Don't Care
-Spaceship
-Last Call
-School Spirit
-Breathe In Breathe Out
-Get Em High

And the album was still so damn good.

Late Registration was another great album

Graduation was good, but a lot different sound. Good Morning, I Wonder, The Glory, Everything I am are great tracks. I still think Can't tell me nothing is one of his best singles.

I don't really count 808's as a true Kanye album, but I did enjoy the album a lot to be honest. Amazing was that song before it got played out during the NBA playoffs, and Street Lights had such a good vibe to it. 808's and Graduation are both albums I can't listen to anymore though, replay value on them isn't that great IMO.

his sound has evolved so much since CD. LR was a little more mainstream with tracks like "touch the sky". I want the classics back that Graduation just failed to produce for me. The unsung heroes that were "2 Words", "Breath in Breath Out", "Gone", "Late" etc. I feel like now everything is how artistic and different he can be. Power is an epic track. not in the sense that its the greatest song of all time...its that its scale is so big. Runaway is underwhelming from kanyes standpoint, but pusha brings the track life. I want that raunchy, grimey back and forth disgusting metaphor kanye rap that shined in his BET cypher....and from the leaks...im just not getting it. Theyre saying kanye is back...that kanye is gone. a new kanye has arrived...

^ Those 'grimey back and forth disgusting metaphor kanye raps' from that cypher are raps/verses from the album, though.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

^ Those 'grimey back and forth disgusting metaphor kanye raps' from that cypher are raps/verses from the album, though.

FAHREALL
All ive heard so far is power, runaway and that bs track with him in autotune

I'm curious how many tracks Pusha will be featured on for the album.

He's been featured on the most Good Friday tracks, it seems like 'Ye has taken quite a liking to Pusha... he kills everything he is on though.

I would be lying if I didn't say 808's is probably my favorite West album. But I think CD and LR are superior to it. Kinda make sense?

Nope, not gonna listen. I have G.O.O.D. Fridays on repeat like an album to hold me over until rd.

Back
Top Bottom