[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by KUPRELLI

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

5 covers 
pimp.gif

Can't wait for the 22nd!! 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Is that 22nd of this month or Nov.?[/color]
this month.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Not even looking forward to this album much anymore.

I've been a fan of Kanye since before College Dropout... but he trys to do to much.

First with that cover
indifferent.gif
I know he wants to create controversy or whatever, but what was wrong with the theme from his first 3 albums? Maybe he should have stuck to that theme and stayed with the title Good a** Job... like he originally was supposed to do. I know it's just a cover and a title.... but still I always liked that theme.

And now All of the lights having 20 features? Its like dude was pissed the song got leaked and just wants to do something completely different from what we heard.

I miss College Dropout/Late Registration Kanye
when are people gonna get over this

^ none taken...it's only #NT

i was just clarifying any misconception....i can't compare THAT to something i haven't heard yet we'll find out in about 2 weeks tho right? lol

I mean the album cover isn't all that serious tho. It's not like it's gonna have an effect on how well the songs are.

Kanye has become a straight +$%#+ in the name of his art. I don't appreciate it this go round how much of punk he has become to get attention by any means neccessary.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Not even looking forward to this album much anymore.

I've been a fan of Kanye since before College Dropout... but he trys to do to much.

First with that cover
indifferent.gif
I know he wants to create controversy or whatever, but what was wrong with the theme from his first 3 albums? Maybe he should have stuck to that theme and stayed with the title Good a** Job... like he originally was supposed to do. I know it's just a cover and a title.... but still I always liked that theme.

And now All of the lights having 20 features? Its like dude was pissed the song got leaked and just wants to do something completely different from what we heard.

I miss College Dropout/Late Registration Kanye
Kanye_West.jpg

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Kanye has become a straight +$%#+ in the name of his art. I don't appreciate it this go round how much of punk he has become to get attention by any means neccessary.

Dudes acting like they wont listen to the album are lying to themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still listen to the album. I've loved every GOOD friday song other than Take one for the team.

He's just feeling himself a little too much. I've always defended him when people call him a D-Bag... and I'm kind of starting to agree.

I trust he'll deliver a great album, but a song with 15 features is not what I want to see.

My expectations are pretty high for this album considering he hasn't really had a hip hop album since Graduation. Dude better deliver is all i'm saying.

Cragmatic... you don't have to explain yourself nor defend your opinion when it comes to Kanye.  Being objective will get a "hater tag" thrown at you real fast...you know how it goes
laugh.gif

I will most definitely be checking for the album because I've been a huge Kanye fan from day 1.  Dude has just consistently made good music during a time where most mainstream efforts are just trash.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in him becoming such an attention +%*!#.  The main reason I became such a big fan is because when he first dropped...his music spoke for itself.  His music was his gimmick.  Now he's just thirsty and once your actions and your behavior are the source for your attention, the respect just starts to drop off.  

Come on 'Ye...get off this Lady Gaga $#+, and just get back to the basics

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Cragmatic... you don't have to explain yourself nor defend your opinion when it comes to Kanye.  Being objective will get a "hater tag" thrown at you real fast...you know how it goes
laugh.gif

I will most definitely be checking for the album because I've been a huge Kanye fan from day 1.  Dude has just consistently made good music during a time where most mainstream efforts are just trash.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in him becoming such an attention +%*!#.  The main reason I became such a big fan is because when he first dropped...his music spoke for itself.  His music was his gimmick.  Now he's just thirsty and once your actions and your behavior are the source for your attention, the respect just starts to drop off.  

You dudes are too much.
Anybody who's been a fan of Kanye West knows he always did things that go against the norm of the hip hop culture.

During the time of College Dropout...

He wore pink polo shirts when &(**@ thought it was gay.

He would rap about Jesus and dropping out of college (#$*()# thought he was too white.

He did concerts with a violinist playing with his tracks.

These things are now part of hip-hop decorum.

Kanye was/ is the avant-garde of hip-hop and he's just evolving.

I'm tired of ya'll (&$#()#* who want the same ())&$% over and over.

"(&$%* don't get mad because it's all about progression."

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

'Ye been practicing his artsy fartsy voice, I see
eyes.gif
his voice does sound different maybe it's the teeth
I watched the vid on youtube and came in here wondering if anyone else noticed. Glad it wasn't just me...not sure if it's the diamonds or w/e but c'mon 'Ye.
grin.gif
_ had that "job interview" voice on...

Originally Posted by EvansST

laugh.gif

You dudes are too much.
Anybody who's been a fan of Kanye West knows he always did things that go against the norm of the hip hop culture.

He would rap about Jesus and dropping out of college (#$*()# thought he was too white.

Man...if you're gonna run your mouth and not be able to read first, then don't respond to anything I have to say.  You can miss me wit that $%$#!#%%.  I said for him to get back to the basics.  The "basics" meaning... making classic music that stood on it's own, and not using irrelevant controversy to fuel his success.  When someone says the name Lady Gaga...the first thing you think of is her behavior and her gimmicks...NOT her music.  I'm saying that I want Kanye to return to when you said his name and you don't think... "Taylor Swift...ridiculous CD covers...etc."  These days, the everyday person that I run into, who mentions Kanye in passing, is not raving about his music.  They're talking about some comment or thing he recently did.  I feel like he's too dope to get caught up in that.
That's my opinion.  If you don't like it, that's your own problem 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Nobody said anything about him putting out whack music. I think most people in here will agree he's still putting out great music and I've come to expect nothing less.

It's all the damn publicity stunts he pulls. It's gotten to the point I can't even tell if he's doing it as a publicity stunt or if he truly can't help himself.

Half of the people I know in real life view Kanye as a huge POS... like I said, I can only defend him so much.

eyes.gif
he always talks like that during interviews normally....when he's calm and chill how he was

Originally Posted by TheKidFrankie

eyes.gif
he always talks like that during interviews normally....when he's calm and chill how he was
nah...he was frontin for da white folks...
grin.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I will most definitely be checking for the album because I've been a huge Kanye fan from day 1. Dude has just consistently made good music during a time where most mainstream efforts are just trash.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in him becoming such an attention +%*!#. The main reason I became such a big fan is because when he first dropped...his music spoke for itself. His music was his gimmick. Now he's just thirsty and once your actions and your behavior are the source for your attention, the respect just starts to drop off.

You dudes are too much.

Man...if you're gonna run your mouth and not be able to read first, then don't respond to anything I have to say. You can miss me wit that $%$#!#%%. I said for him to get back to the basics. The "basics" meaning... making classic music that stood on it's own, and not using irrelevant controversy to fuel his success. When someone says the name Lady Gaga...the first thing you think of is her behavior and her gimmicks...NOT her music. I'm saying that I want Kanye to return to when you said his name and you don't think... "Taylor Swift...ridiculous CD covers...etc." These days, the everyday person that I run into, who mentions Kanye in passing, is not raving about his music. They're talking about some comment or thing he recently did. I feel like he's too dope to get caught up in that.
That's my opinion. If you don't like it, that's your own problem
laugh.gif
I read your post and what I'm arguing is that he's been doing this same routine since day one.
He complained during the his first time attending Grammys because he thought he should have received album of the year for College Dropout.

Do you remember this?

Kanye is a lightening rod for controversy. This ain't nothing new.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

sorta jus killed all of the lights for me, i liked it with just drake and Ye. all that needed to be added was another verse by kanye and it was straight.

Cragmatic... you don't have to explain yourself nor defend your opinion when it comes to Kanye. �Being objective will get a "hater tag" thrown at you real fast...you know how it goes
laugh.gif
�
I will most definitely be checking for the album because I've been a huge Kanye fan from day 1. �Dude has just consistently made good music during a time where most mainstream efforts are just trash.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in him becoming such an attention +%*!#. �The main reason I became such a big fan is because when he first dropped...his music spoke for itself. �His music was his gimmick. �Now he's just thirsty and once your actions and your behavior are the source for your attention, the respect just starts to drop off. �

You dudes are too much.

Man...if you're gonna run your mouth and not be able to read first, then don't respond to anything I have to say. �You can miss me wit that $%$#!#%%. �I said for him to get back to the basics. �The "basics" meaning... making classic music that stood on it's own, and not using irrelevant controversy to fuel his success. �When someone says the name Lady Gaga...the first thing you think of is her behavior and her gimmicks...NOT her music. �I'm saying that I want Kanye to return to when you said his name and you don't think... "Taylor Swift...ridiculous CD covers...etc." �These days, the everyday person that I run into, who mentions Kanye in passing, is not raving about his music. �They're talking about some comment or thing he recently did. �I feel like he's too dope to get caught up in that.
That's my opinion. �If you don't like it, that's your own problem�
laugh.gif
I read your post and what I'm arguing is that he's been doing this same routine since day one.�
He complained during the his first time attending Grammys because he thought he should have received album of the year for College Dropout.

Do you remember this?

�

[/font]

Yes, you are correct....he has always been a lightening rod for controversy.  But it always was relevant, and it always was genuine. That's why when people got mad about this Katrina video you just posted...I always defended him simply for the fact that he was speaking up for something you could genuinely see he believed in; not to mention his comments had a lot of truth behind them. When he complained during the Grammy's, I felt for him there too. He was defending his art, and considering it was the College Dropout...I don't blame him for being mad. Jesus Walks was controversial because of it's content...and you can tell that he felt he needed to make that song. Listen to the lyrics...my man was telling his truth on wax. It was just real. He wasn't doing any of those things for sales and attention...the attention was just the natural bi-product of his being true to himself.
Ain't nothing natural or real about his antics right now. So calculated, and pointless. He's not defending any personal truths or causes he feels passionate about, as he always used to do...which is why I said he needs to return to the basics. That album cover is not some awesome work of art that he just has to put out to express a message. It's pointless. It's thirsty, and a call for attention. He knows what he's doing right now, and he's doing it on purpose. He's too old for that nonsense.

Cragmatic... you don't have to explain yourself nor defend your opinion when it comes to Kanye. �Being objective will get a "hater tag" thrown at you real fast...you know how it goes
laugh.gif
�
I will most definitely be checking for the album because I've been a huge Kanye fan from day 1. �Dude has just consistently made good music during a time where most mainstream efforts are just trash.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in him becoming such an attention +%*!#. �The main reason I became such a big fan is because when he first dropped...his music spoke for itself. �His music was his gimmick. �Now he's just thirsty and once your actions and your behavior are the source for your attention, the respect just starts to drop off. �

You dudes are too much.

Man...if you're gonna run your mouth and not be able to read first, then don't respond to anything I have to say. �You can miss me wit that $%$#!#%%. �I said for him to get back to the basics. �The "basics" meaning... making classic music that stood on it's own, and not using irrelevant controversy to fuel his success. �When someone says the name Lady Gaga...the first thing you think of is her behavior and her gimmicks...NOT her music. �I'm saying that I want Kanye to return to when you said his name and you don't think... "Taylor Swift...ridiculous CD covers...etc." �These days, the everyday person that I run into, who mentions Kanye in passing, is not raving about his music. �They're talking about some comment or thing he recently did. �I feel like he's too dope to get caught up in that.
That's my opinion. �If you don't like it, that's your own problem�
laugh.gif
I read your post and what I'm arguing is that he's been doing this same routine since day one.�

Do you remember this?

�

[/font]

Yes, you are correct....he has always been a lightening rod for controversy. �But it always was relevant, and it always was genuine. �That's why when people got mad about this Katrina video you just posted...I always defended him simply for the fact that he was speaking up for something you could genuinely see he believed in; not to mention his comments had a lot of truth behind them. �When he complained during the Grammy's, I felt for him there too. �He was defending his art, and considering it was the College Dropout...I don't blame him for being mad. �Jesus Walks was controversial because of it's content...and you can tell that he felt he needed to make that song. �Listen to the lyrics...my man was telling his truth on wax. �It was just real. �He wasn't doing any of those things for sales and attention...the attention was just the natural bi-product of his being true to himself.
Ain't nothing natural or real about his antics right now. �So calculated, and pointless. �He's not defending any personal truths or causes he feels passionate about, as he always used to do...which is why I said he needs to return to the basics. �That album cover is not some awesome work of art that he just has to put out to express a message. �It's pointless. �It's thirsty, and a call for attention. �He knows what he's doing right now, and he's doing it on purpose. He's too old for that nonsense.
I agree and I think he's never going back to that place he was mentally because so many things have changed in his life (his mom passing way etc.). 
But at the end of the day its about the music right? 

In my opinion that has gotten better. He can act like an idiot for all I care
laugh.gif
 as long as he continues to put out near/ classic albums.

[killer instinct] COMBO BREAKER!!!!! [killer instinct/]

...where do you all think this album will rank amongst the others nostalgia, hype, and etc. aside

Grad>CD>MBDTF>LR>808s

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

[killer instinct] COMBO BREAKER!!!!! [killer instinct/]

...where do you all think this album will rank amongst the others nostalgia, hype, and etc. aside

Grad>CD>MBDTF>LR>808s

it hasn't come out yet...

Back
Top Bottom