[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

laugh.gif
It's just so funny how she repeated the whole question when she gave the answer. "Yeezy reupholstered my {(|)}"
roll.gif

For the ppl waiting why even post in here though?

is it just me or does he sound like he was reading the lyrics of a paper while he recorded Dark Fantasy?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Am I the only one who decided to wait?

Nope.  I won't listen to the album until I pick it up from Best Buy on the 22nd.
Tracklist:
01. Dark Fantasy
02. Gorgeous (feat. KiD CuDi & Raekwon)
03. POWER
04. All Of The Lights (Interlude)
05. All Of The Lights
06. Monster (feat. JAY-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver)
07. So Appalled (feat. JAY-Z, Pusha T, Prynce Cy Hi, Swizz Beatz & The RZA)
08. Devil In A New Dress (feat. Rick Ross)
09. Runaway (feat. Pusha T)
10. Hell Of A Life
11. Blame Game (feat. John Legend)
12. Lost In The World (feat. Bon Iver)
13. Who Will Survive In America

wass da point? 80% of da album is floating on mixtapes as we speak including a joint that on da first page of datpiff sponsored i might add.
I have the retail version of the album but i still plan to buy the physical disc because i really like the album simple 

You download something and like it you should support the creator and buy the real thing people work real to make this stuff

A. The album version of All of the Lights is terrible...the OG version is so much better, he should have left it as him and Rihanna thats it...smh
B. The Chris Rock talking at the end of Blame Game was stupid, corny and not necessary.
C. Ross fit in well on DIAND
D. Off of 1st listen, this isn't bad but it's not close to CD, LR, or Graduation

this album is fantastic, leaps and bounds over Graduation IMO. The production is so ahead of everyone else in the game it's ridiculous. The way he uses drums is changing the game. Producers should study this album's production and sound.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

why?

the music is gonna be the same and u can still buy it on release date... i really have NO clue why people force themselves to wait...
it's really really dumb.

I think it's a random act of Stan-ness

either that, or they know deep deep inside they know there is a chance they won't like the album and the excitement of being a bottom-feeder Stan will go away by the time the album drops.
How is it dumb some people just want to listen to it the same day they buy the CD simple just because you didn't wait don't make it dumb for other people who are waiting 

and this album is way better than Graduation IMO but not better than Late registration 

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

this album is fantastic, leaps and bounds over Graduation IMO.

Graduation was incredible.  You sir, are trippin.  Leaps and bounds
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif
Word I was reading that like...
grin.gif
This is the best album of the year and in time might become on par with Graduation but its not outright better

laugh.gif
im sorry but i feel very comfy saying leaps and bounds. Graduation was not as tight an album from beginning to end. it had a bunch of hits and it had some good songs that weren't so much hits, and overall it was a good album where MBDTF is a change-the-game type of album. Every song sounds like a hit, every song is pushing hip hop boundaries, and theres just a more timeless feel overall.

right now im going LR >> CD = MBDTF >> Graduation >>>>>>>>>808s

laugh.gif
im sorry but i feel very comfy saying leaps and bounds. Graduation was not as tight an album from beginning to end. it had a bunch of hits and it had some good songs that weren't so much hits, and overall it was a good album where MBDTF is a change-the-game type of album. Every song sounds like a hit, every song is pushing hip hop boundaries, and theres just a more timeless feel overall.

sorry...i'm a Ye fan but i REALLY need somebody to tell me what's so game changing about this album???
production was dope but that was pretty much expected from any Ye album

but the lyrics weren't on some other ++*% and wasn't much special about this album than the 100 features and 10 minute tracks

now Graduation, that was game changing

I rly dont understand why ye released these songs if they are going to be on the album, I rly wasnt following the track list and I already heard almost all of em, smh i dont understand, I thought the Good Friday songs was just songs he made for the people not actual songs off the album.

I mean when they say he was working with Pete Rock, Madlib, RZA...you can really hear the influence in the production. But what makes it extra special to me is the way he used their influences and still kept his own styles and tendencies to create what I think is a more exciting sound than any of his stuff recently. Hell Of A Life is like a effed up NWA track. So Appalled is a Kanye-fied wutang joint. Then you hear the drums on All Of The Lights, Monster, Power, Lost In The World...nobody's doing the stuff he's doing.

The music on this album is stadium-sized hip hop. It's a Bruce Springsteen/U2 rap album.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

laugh.gif

sorry...i'm a Ye fan but i REALLY need somebody to tell me what's so game changing about this album???
production was dope but that was pretty much expected from any Ye album

but the lyrics weren't on some other ++*% and wasn't much special about this album than the 100 features and 10 minute tracks

now Graduation, that was game changing
The thing that makes this album game changing is all of the stuff he did on the album has never been done before or atleast this good 
1. the intro on dark fantasy with nicki minja was amazing and well up together  her voice fit the tone of the song perfectly 

2. All of the lights was very good and the fact that it had so many features i thought aswell as most people that it would be a train wreck but it actually come out very good 

The fact that he had 11 people on the song including himself and was able to still make a great song is amazing and rarely done

3. Devil in a red dress - Just the beat and production of the song was amazing then he has a gutiar solo add in out of nowhere that actually makes it even better and than Rick ross comes in out of nowhere and finshes off the track perfectly again this is also a hard thing to do becasue first of all how every people in hip pop is using gutiar solos and is able to make it do the song justice

4. Song length- I don't know if people realized it but some songs on the album was over 5 mins long 
eek.gif
 this is another innovation because to make a song a good song for 7 mins is extremely hard to do but again he manges to do it well 

5. Two words Blame Game 
sick.gif
 fin......

6. Instruments- The mix of different Instruments he used on the beats was amazing especially the piano you he uses the piano very well in most of the tracks and again not a normal thing for hip pop 

I didn't even realize lost in the world and who will survive in a america was basically the same song lol 

Am going to stop here just because i don't want to write a book lol in summary the album is a game changer because he manages to do all of things on it that has never been done or atleast not this good especially for hip pop

Am not even d*ck riding ye this album was honestly just a good overall album I still think Late registration was better but this is his second best IMO

Ye's always had great beats. Always pushing the envelope, mixing different sounds, etc. It's amazing.

I think yall overlooking the improved lyrical effort on this joint A LOT. Lot of heart felt and skill showcased on this coming together to make a grip of great songs.EDIT

EDIT

Monster should've been all Ye.

I mean when they say he was working with Pete Rock, Madlib, RZA...you can really hear the influence in the production. But what makes it extra special to me is the way he used their influences and still kept his own styles and tendencies to create what I think is a more exciting sound than any of his stuff recently. Hell Of A Life is like a effed up NWA track. So Appalled is a Kanye-fied wutang joint. Then you hear the drums on All Of The Lights, Monster, Power, Lost In The World...nobody's doing the stuff he's doing.

The music on this album is stadium-sized hip hop. It's a Bruce Springsteen/U2 rap album.
Agree with everything you say. Not to mention the guitar solo in DIAND, the vocoder solo at the end of Runaway, etc. It's definitely less structured in the sense that most rap songs are simply just three verses with choruses in between. You can definitely sense the rock and jazz influences. This album is definitely a game changer. I thought the beats to Gorgeous and All of the Lights were a little repetitive, but this album is straight up amazing. LR = MBDTF > CD >> 808's >>> Graduation

I remember listening to rick Ross's Aston martin music remix with drake and i honestly thought it was one of the best hip hop songs to come out  this year just because of the sounds 

and effects and production scale that the song had especially the ending of the song..... it was also 7 minutes long but was still able to get better and better as you get deeper in the song

and i remember thinking what if this was done more often on more hip pop songs and this album comes out and it does just that

laugh.gif
at that debate thread a few weeks back where I was trying to prove how Ye is the most influential artist of the 2000s and dudes tried to deny me that point.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

2. All of the lights was very good and the fact that it had so many features i thought aswell as most people that it would be a train wreck but it actually come out very good 

The fact that he had 11 people on the song including myself and was able to still make a great song is amazing and rarely done
eek.gif
 Oh word?

If you would have gone to the Glow in the Dark Tour, you would have seen that Graduation is "stadium sized hip hop" as you put it.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

laugh.gif
at that debate threStad a few weeks back where I was trying to prove how Ye is the most influential artist of the 2000s and dudes tried to deny me that point.
Still trying to suck yourself off about that?
laugh.gif

If you would have gone to the Glow in the Dark Tour, you would have seen that Graduation is "stadium sized hip hop" as you put it.
Isn't that just a better point for what he's saying about this album? Since he saying it and he didn't need to go to a concert?

Now that I think about the album gave me the feel/reminded me of what Ye did with the extended version of Late in that Abbey Road concert

Hell of a life , Gorgeous and Dark Fantasy are my favs right now.

If only because I bumped the hell out of everything else before the album was out.

This is Teflon Don Status..They both woulda been my fav albums of the past few years if we hadnt heard 98% of it before it leaked. Destroyed the replay value but I guess its my own fault.

Fav track is def blame game though.

This is a really cool album. Definitely something I'm going to be listening to more in the house than the whip.

Back
Top Bottom