[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

The music on this album is stadium-sized hip hop. It's a Bruce Springsteen/U2 rap album.
If you would have gone to the Glow in the Dark Tour, you would have seen that Graduation is "stadium sized hip hop" as you put it.

Isn't that just a better point for what he's saying about this album? Since he saying it and he didn't need to go to a concert? 
I dont know why he is saying it though.  Graduation has just as big of a stadim sized hip hop feel as this album does.  I guess my comment about the GITDT can be interpreted the way you did, but I was just trying to point out that I disagree that this album is more stadium sized hip hop than Graduation. 

The music on this album is stadium-sized hip hop. It's a Bruce Springsteen/U2 rap album.
If you would have gone to the Glow in the Dark Tour, you would have seen that Graduation is "stadium sized hip hop" as you put it.

Isn't that just a better point for what he's saying about this album? Since he saying it and he didn't need to go to a concert? 
I dont know why he is saying it though.  Graduation has just as big of a stadim sized hip hop feel as this album does.  I guess my comment about the GITDT can be interpreted the way you did, but I was just trying to point out that I disagree that this album is more stadium sized hip hop than Graduation. 
Well for me...until GITD, I didn't realize how 'stadium status' the songs on Graduation were. if anything, that tour made you appreciate that album 100x more. With MBDTF, you already have the sense that these are stadium/festival bangers.

Well I'd agree with him in the sense that the production is superior than Graduation. The whole term of stadium music is extremely subjective and yall can kinda miss me with that but I was just saying if he'd getting that feeling he should've got the same from Graduation without having to go to Glow In The Dark.

couldnt hold out been bumpin it all day on my cell...album is amazing cant wait to put it in the car

all of the lights is perfect...it makes me want to celebrate sumtin lol
blame game is bananas...
devil in a new dress...dope, cant get cole version out my head still tho....tol yall ricky would sound dope...he really good at making raps about nutin sound tight

great album

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

tol yall ricky would sound dope...he really good at making raps about nutin sound tight

30t6p3b.gif

All of the Lights does indeed hit, same with the new drums in Monster.

I cannot wait for Kanye at Coachella, with all the special guests. %@*+@!+ epic.

This is probably Ye's best album.
He has come full circle in his musical evolution sonically. He started out as a true hip-hop artist with a touch of alternative elements in his sound, then with LR he enhanced that sound by making beats that weren't the traditional repetive type and further pushed the envelope of hip-hop at the time, crossed over to electronica and mixed those elements in Graduation and 808's, now this album is a culmination of that 6 year evolution.

People hold LR and CD close to their heart because of that initial feeling of hearing something different from the world of hip-hop. 

Those albums, in a large way, molded hip-hop to what it is today.

I think this album does the same but IMO it may not be as impactful on the culture as the previous albums were. The reason why is because of this..

I mean when they say he was working with Pete Rock, Madlib, RZA...you can really hear the influence in the production. But what makes it extra special to me is the way he used their influences and still kept his own styles and tendencies to create what I think is a more exciting sound than any of his stuff recently

We heard elements of his beats from Wu-Tang, Pete Rock, Madlib, Q-Tip, and others. It's been done.

But watch, in the next few years hip-hop will improve because it follows Kanye's style and we might see go back to it's original elements of quality lyrics.

But I digress...

His production, flow, lyrics, have all stepped up tremendously. Before MBDTF, Kanye didn't have that nice of a flow. I thought it was below average because he would stress syllables too much to make up for his lack of flow (It's funny because that has became a staple in his songs). He has completely developed his flow now and it shows on songs like Monster and Dark Fantasy. 

I believe Kanye created another classic and possibly his best album.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

All of the Lights does indeed hit, same with the new drums in Monster.

I cannot wait for Kanye at Coachella, with all the special guests. %@*+@!+ epic.

Has he said he's going to do Coachella? Or is that just something you want to happen? And yes it would be EPIC indeed...

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Based on the songs I haven't heard on that dropped on good fridays this whole album is strong. 

Not even for the lyrical aspect but the meaning behind these lines are so deep they could legitimately be discussed in an English course.

i.e, Hell of a Life, "How could you say they live they life wrong, when you never $%$! with the lights on". 
pimp.gif

what's so deep about that line?
Just a brief explanation that line is saying that people constantly judge others as if they have nose up on people, as if their opinion matters more than others when they have little to nothing to show for it. 

People are so ashamed with themselves that if you defy any type of their self projected morals that they make sure you know of it while continue pressing the issue upon you. People can't live up to or identify their own problems so they project them onto you with some false sense of self righteousness

When the truth is just because you are doing something wrong doesn't make them any better than you and might actually make you better than the person implying ill behavior on you because you realize that you have may have problems. You are actually more of an honest person than the ones passing judgements because you realize that people make mistakes and own up to them. 

You and the person passing judgement essentially have the same problem however you actually shine light on it, wearing it proudly.

This +#+# ing album is amazing.

CD>>>>This one>>LR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the other basura.

First Kanye album in five years that i've enjoyed from front to back, this *#!* is amazing. Production is on point.

I missed THIS Kanye,

I'm a huge kanye fan but I wasn't gonna buy this album. After hearing it in its entirety, even with the released songs, Kanye definitely deserves it. I'm gonna put my preorder in now.

The production on this album is something else. Probably the best production work on Ye's albums.

And this is way better than Graduation. To me Graduation was always the Ye album with least content. Not to say there's anything wrong with it but it just isn't as good of a package as CD, LR and MBDTW. It even had a couple of not so good tracks (Homecoming (mostly because the OG is way better), Drunk and hot girls & Big brother).

At the moment I feel like this album is at least on par with LR (Ye's second best effort).

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by AndOneFlip

i just bumped this in my car and its so sick all of the lights knocks

All of the lights with Beats by dre solo HD headphones 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Imma have to cosign on this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Is the 320 or V0 out yet?
its been out the retail version is out lol 

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Originally Posted by AndOneFlip

i just bumped this in my car and its so sick all of the lights knocks

All of the lights with Beats by dre solo HD headphones 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Imma have to cosign on this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Is the 320 or V0 out yet?
its been out the retail version is out lol 
Retail version comes out Nov 22nd pimp.

All I saw on what yesterday was the v2.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

this album is fantastic, leaps and bounds over Graduation IMO.

Graduation was incredible.  You sir, are trippin.  Leaps and bounds
laugh.gif
im sorry but i feel very comfy saying leaps and bounds. Graduation was not as tight an album from beginning to end. it had a bunch of hits and it had some good songs that weren't so much hits, and overall it was a good album where MBDTF is a change-the-game type of album. Every song sounds like a hit, every song is pushing hip hop boundaries, and theres just a more timeless feel overall.

right now im going LR >> CD = MBDTF >> Graduation >>>>>>>>>808s
sorry...i'm a Ye fan but i REALLY need somebody to tell me what's so game changing about this album???
production was dope but that was pretty much expected from any Ye album

but the lyrics weren't on some other ++*% and wasn't much special about this album than the 100 features and 10 minute tracks

now Graduation, that was game changing

10 years from now, I believe Graduation will be more timeless and memorable than this album. 

Back
Top Bottom