[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by Im Not You

And this is the greatest album I've heard man. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Key word: I'VE heard.

Move on now, you mad.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Based on the songs I haven't heard on that dropped on good fridays this whole album is strong. 

Not even for the lyrical aspect but the meaning behind these lines are so deep they could legitimately be discussed in an English course.

i.e, Hell of a Life, "How could you say they live they life wrong, when you never $%$! with the lights on". 
pimp.gif

what's so deep about that line?
I would love to know the same as well and don't see how this would even be discussed in an English class
tired.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

has any artist done what 'ye has done with 5 albums?

Please let's not start this sh*t, the way NT slurps Kanye makes me not even want to buy his music. 
You didnt answer the question thoooo
what's the question?  what exactly has he done with 5 albums. 

as for this album, it's pretty solid but tails off at the end.  first 2 songs are good, so appalled is great, but the last 2 songs are just awful.  not a fan of his rapping in the first place, but lyrically this is probably his worst album. 

Are all of those people really on all of the lights? Im hearing Ye, Rihanna, Cudi, Fergie, Elton John, and Alicia CLEARLY. I THINK I hea the-dream at the very end. Anybody hear Ryan Leslie & some other people listed as features?

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

has any artist done what 'ye has done with 5 albums?

Please let's not start this sh*t, the way NT slurps Kanye makes me not even want to buy his music. 
You didnt answer the question thoooo

Outkast-sb01.jpg
The Wu-Tang Clan and all of 'em family members had more than 5

Anyone else think the piano in The Blame Game sound familar?

Familar like Andy Samberg ft. Adam Levine - IRAN?

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ok sooo question--[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I am presently listening to "So Appalled", and I'm curious as to whether Jay was throwing subliminals at Lil Mama, concerning the VMA incident, at the end of his skit on the track.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Really seems to me like that's the case, and if that is indeed the case then that's just sad on Jays part at the very least, and pathetic at the very most...[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What verse are you referring to? I listened to it & read the lyrics and didn't see any sign...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"All these lil _itches, too big for their britches, burning their lil bridges...f***king ridiculous..."[/color]

You're thinking too much. He's used that line before. Way before the lil mama incident on Blueprint 2.
Dude is just rapping.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Am I the only one who decided to wait?

Nope.  I won't listen to the album until I pick it up from Best Buy on the 22nd.
Tracklist:
01. Dark Fantasy
02. Gorgeous (feat. KiD CuDi & Raekwon)
03. POWER
04. All Of The Lights (Interlude)
05. All Of The Lights
06. Monster (feat. JAY-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver)
07. So Appalled (feat. JAY-Z, Pusha T, Prynce Cy Hi, Swizz Beatz & The RZA)
08. Devil In A New Dress (feat. Rick Ross)
09. Runaway (feat. Pusha T)
10. Hell Of A Life
11. Blame Game (feat. John Legend)
12. Lost In The World (feat. Bon Iver)
13. Who Will Survive In America

wass da point? 80% of da album is floating on mixtapes as we speak including a joint that on da first page of datpiff sponsored i might add.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Am I the only one who decided to wait?

Nope.  I won't listen to the album until I pick it up from Best Buy on the 22nd.
Tracklist:
01. Dark Fantasy
02. Gorgeous (feat. KiD CuDi & Raekwon)
03. POWER
04. All Of The Lights (Interlude)
05. All Of The Lights
06. Monster (feat. JAY-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver)
07. So Appalled (feat. JAY-Z, Pusha T, Prynce Cy Hi, Swizz Beatz & The RZA)
08. Devil In A New Dress (feat. Rick Ross)
09. Runaway (feat. Pusha T)
10. Hell Of A Life
11. Blame Game (feat. John Legend)
12. Lost In The World (feat. Bon Iver)
13. Who Will Survive In America

wass da point? 80% of da album is floating on mixtapes as we speak including a joint that on da first page of datpiff sponsored i might add.
The point is preference.  What works for you doesn't always work for everyone else.  I could easily get the album if that's what I wanted to, but I prefer to wait and cop retail as I do with most albums.

Originally Posted by My Toy Soldier

Are all of those people really on all of the lights? Im hearing Ye, Rihanna, Cudi, Fergie, Elton John, and Alicia CLEARLY. I THINK I hea the-dream at the very end. Anybody hear Ryan Leslie & some other people listed as features?

Yes.....its some artist are panned all the way left and others to the right saying the same thing and some peoples vocals are stacked on each other......

why?

the music is gonna be the same and u can still buy it on release date... i really have NO clue why people force themselves to wait...

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

why?

the music is gonna be the same and u can still buy it on release date... i really have NO clue why people force themselves to wait...
it's really really dumb.

I think it's a random act of Stan-ness

either that, or they know deep deep inside they know there is a chance they won't like the album and the excitement of being a bottom-feeder Stan will go away by the time the album drops.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Anyone else think the piano in The Blame Game sound familar?

Familar like Andy Samberg ft. Adam Levine - IRAN?

Yea, they both use the Aphex Twin sample Avril 14

Originally Posted by My Toy Soldier

Rihanna, KiD CuDi, Tony Williams, The-Dream, Charlie Wilson, John Legend, Elly Jackson (La Roux), Alicia Keys, Elton John, Fergie, Ryan Leslie, Drake, Alvin Fields & Ken Lewis are all the additional vocals credited on the album ... So they have to be on there blended in

I'm less inclined to buy things I already got for free.

I love Cudi's album...big fan. But it's gonna be me forcing myself out to a store to pick it up. If I didn't listen have it beforehand, I would've bought it the 1st day.

Edit: I didn't wait for this.

Great album. I said it before this was released, and IMO, its still valid. EVERY single Kanye album can be considered his best, depending on mood.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom