[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

laugh.gif
it is.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Okay I'm confused. Who is Chris Rock "talking" to at the end of Blame Game? It's not Amber Rose? And is there some hidden message I'm not getting about this song?

Hidden message? Nah. You've never been involved with a female that's why you don't get it.

I <3 you joe :smile:

Originally Posted by TrappenAintDead

Okay I'm confused. Who is Chris Rock "talking" to at the end of Blame Game? It's not Amber Rose? And is there some hidden message I'm not getting about this song?

Hidden message? Nah. You've never been involved with a female that's why you don't get it.

I <3 you joe :smile:

Why you trying so hard lil N? I'm not Kat. You don't talk to me like that

if you listen to the lyrics in the song, it's clearly directed towards Amber. the skit is Chris Rock, playing Amber's new man and/or a "neighborhood n_," talking to Amber. listen to the song again and it'll make sense.

Originally Posted by Slim

if you listen to the lyrics in the song, it's clearly directed towards Amber. the skit is Chris Rock, playing Amber's new man and/or a "neighborhood n_," talking to Amber. listen to the song again and it'll make sense.

Good looks. Had people telling me that wasn't her voice.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

You one slow dude smh 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

indifferent.gif

Go back a few pages and you'll see why I was confused.

OK... I was gonna do one of these a couple days ago, but I wanted to let this joint sink in... In the past few days, as it always seems to happen, a lot of slurpage, and man on man love, cats build up Kanye albums up to be Jesus-like and $+%!... I like Ye music as much as the next heterosexual man (key word bein heterosexual), but some Ns just OVER do it... And it gets worse by the page...

I personally didn't listen to ANY of the "GOOD Friday" joints (with the exception of DIAND like 3 times, and I heard "Monster" in my cousins car), I don't $+%@ with leaked joints cause it ruins the FULL body of work... It like takin a peak @ a portrait every 2 hours, just wait until the pictures done, stop actin like a lil kid peelin off the wrapping paper on Christmas Eve... Just wait it out, is it really that hard?? 

So without further a due...

Dark Fantasy

OK... The 1st voice I'm hearin is Nicki Minaj (NOT a good thing), but ANYway... This joint has a REAL 90s hip hop feel, and after 808s I couldn't be happier... Lyrically this joint is VERY on point, flow is very much intact, sounds like somethin from LR... A few lines from that Cypher on that GARBAGE BET Awards $+%!, but I didn't listen to that more than twice either so it doesn't bother me too much... Nice way to start the album, and set the tone... Kinda lets you know he's on some OLD... NEW $+%!... (If you know what I mean)

4.25/5

Gorgeous

Did Rza do this joint?? I'm lookin on the EVER so  reliable Wiki 
eyes.gif
 and it said Rza did the last joint... #kanyeshrug... This joint is DOPE, once again has that 90s Wu Tang feel to it... Lyrically Kanye is on his $+%! once again... I guess Consequence is writing for him again, cause he has that LR flow once again on this track... Or maybe that LOSER Rhymefest... Either way, he should stick with them, I don't mind the $+%! that Big Sean is doin, but I enjoyed his first 2 albums much more than the 3rd so Cons & Fest get my vote... Oh yeah Cudi is on the hook here, pretty dope... Raekwon is on this joint... Why?? I don't know... I guess he owed him for that Beiber joint... It sounds like every other verse he's spit... I guess if your a fan of his you'll like it, I personally didn't care too much for it...
4/5

POWER

In all CAPS... I guess Kanye is THAT powerful... ANYway, obviously heard this joint and saw that GOD Awful video moving portrait... This song is pretty AMAZING, I thought so since I first heard it... Unlike the other 2 tracks which are like a trip down memory lane, this joint is on some futuristic soulful $+%! (if you get what I'm sayin)... Once again lyrically he delivers, so more than likely he didn't write this $+%! either... But yea this songs is %$#!!%$ NAILS

5/5

All Of The Lights (Interlude)

A piano and a violin... I guess if the song wasn't already 10 minutes they could've just threw  this on that track... Who knows

N/A

All Of The Lights

Is that Rihanna?? If so I like this song A LOT more... If not, $+%@ this $+%!... This is suppose to be the song with like 31 people on the $+%!, all singin the hook... If I recall correctly there was suppose to be a bunch of GOOD/GREAT singers, funny how Rihanna, Cudi and Fergie's are the voices that stand out the most 
eyes.gif
... Yea but I saw a summery to one of those ******ed Ustream things he does, and he said this was gonna be a single in like Sept or Oct... I don't really see where that ended up goin... If Kanye wasn't already famous this would be a pretty good way to waste a budget on unnecessary hook, he could've had Tony Williams & John Legend do this $+%!... & Charlie Wilson (he's prolly on here anyway) and he has nothin better to do then get his hair braided and scream on random songs... But ANYway this is like "POWER" except it sounds like somethin Boy George would've made in 83...

4.5/5

Monster

Another one of those songs with a bunch of people that ends up bein UNDERwhelming... I don't really care too much for this song, not really sure where this fits into the flow of the album other than this maybe being recorded around the same time as the other songs... I think Kanye wrote this verse himself cause it SUCKS BALLS... The beat is really nothin to write home about either, the hook is stupid and for some reason they play this $+%! when I'm @ the club... Stedman tried to go HARD, but it didn't quite work... I guess he's still haunted by his days of selling crack some 25 years ago... Nicki Minaj has a verse here too, I don't care too much for it, but this %*+%* spit that verse VERBATIM to me over the phone lastnight, so I guess people with BAD taste in music were impressed by this $+%!... This is just an OVERthought OVERhyped UNDERwhelming track... If it wasn't for the invitation for Ye, Nicki & Amber Rose for a 3some this song would be COMPLETELY worthless... I guess we know where Kanye's head is @ (no pun intended)... PAUSE... What was the point of Rick Ross on here??

3.25/5

So Appalled

Another song with a bunch of +*%*@% people on it, except this song is %$#!!%$ NAILS... Umm  did Kanye has a song by the same title some time ago or some $+%!?? Or did a portion of this song leak a while ago?? Either way this somng is DOPE... Again not sure where this fits into the theme of the album, but this is so DOPE it doesn't really matter... The production is AMAZING, and once again Stedman recovers from his ******ed verse from the last track and absolutely BODIES this $+%!... So he's been on 3 of the TOP hip hop albums of the year and BODIED $+%!... I quickly forgave him for that "Monster" bull $+%!... Pusha does his thing here... Whoever this Cy Hi The Prince dude is, he looks like Shane Sparks (from America's Best Dance Crew) but he caught WRECK... Rza has no purpose on this song, and as ******ED as his verse is, he couldn't ruin it cause it was a masterpeice about 4 bars into Stedman's verse...

5/5

Devil In A New Dress

Now this is more on the SAME page as what the album started on, beat is beautiful... Hopefully I won't hear an NTer say how Bink is a good "up and coming" producer
30t6p3b.gif
... ANYway, I did cheat and listen to this joint, but its all RapRadar's fault... I heard the beat on that video they posted on the beat battle and HAD to take a few listens... Yea this $+%! is  AMAZING. Who the hell is writing this $+%!, lyrically this may be Kanye's best work to date, can't even front... Usually I'm blown away on amusical level by Kanye's work more so then lyrically, but on this project their running neck and neck... Rick Ross jumpin on this track was a good idea, it was ALREADY great, but Ross just came thru and resurrected this $+%!, and killed it again... but like someone said Ghost on this joint would've been DANGEROUS (but I'd rather Stedman)...

5/5

Runaway

Another song I've heard beforehand cause its on the radio in NYC every 10 mins... And it plays @ clubs as if its a "club banger"... But white girls love it, and ANYthing white girls love, I can learn to appreciate... But anyway, this is the joint he saved the VMAs with... Pusha T shows up on this one, by the subject matter I think Cudi would've been better suited for the joint, but Pusha does his thing to best of his ability under the circumstance... This like one of 3 or 4 songs that are ENTIRELY too long... Just keeps goin and goin...
4.5/5

Hell Of A Life

This has a more futuristic sound to it... This joint is dope, I see this being one of the more addictive songs on here... I really like about EVERYthing about the song... Hook is dope, lyrically its on point too... Not as good as the first few songs, he may have wrote this himself  so he gets a few more points in my book for this joint... The production is nice, kinda reminds me of "Born To Roll" (for those that didn't start listenin to hip hop in the last 10 years)

5/5

Blame Game

John Legend is on this one, nice piano on this joint... Kinda like "Runaway" except its more of personal feel to it, about the ups and downs of the relationship... We've ALL been through this $+%!, lyrically its really nothin to write home about, but for the most part its just REAL spit... He spits a poem here too... Sounded like some $+%! Wale wrote... Then Kanye sings, and call me crazy but his voice is actually pretty good... He's not Stevie Wonder or ANYthing, but its smooth... The Chris Rock excerpt is funny too...

4.5/5

Lost In The World

Another one of the futuristic soundin songs... Bon Iver is on this joint, he's they're on "Monster" too... I NEVER heard of this guy group before, but I just saw the lead singer on Wiki and he DEF could use a haircut ASAP... But back to the song this is a nice joint, this is kind of what I pictured this album to be... Kinda like Graduation on STEROIDs... I guess Chris Martin was busy or some $+%!, and Mr Hudson... Who knows what he's doin, he looks like he has FULL blown AIDs anyway... But this kinda has that feel of a song that could be addictive... Just has a good feeling to it, GREAT way to end the album... Is that Gil Scot Heron?? Didn't he have a video for that $+%! or somethin??

5/5

Who Will Survive In America?

... White people

N/A

Verdict:

I can't even front, I was waiting for this album... Obviously not as much as some of the weirdos on here, but I've been a fan of Yeezy for sometime now and I've LEGALLY obtained all all his albums (except that gay 808 $+%!)... After listenin to this joint I'm gonna go pick this & Cudi's $+%! up... Prolly Banks $+%! too, $+%@ it...

But this is a pretty well put together project, I thought he was gonna adopt the old school feel with a futuristic twist throughout the project, and I can say he more or less did for about 85% of the project, while I could've lived without "Monster", there's people out there with BAD taste in music who dig that $+%! so whatever... As a whole it all comes together pretty good, while it may not flow as well as his other 3 albums rapping from a theme and sound standpoint this album stands on its own in ways, but @ the same time is still on the level as the others too...

Once again Kanye pushes the envelope, and sets a standard for quality hip hop music that has a timeless feel... All his albums seem to have the feel that you can always come back and revisit them @ any time and they will ALWAYS sound fresh, new, and innovative, this continues that trends... His music transcends hip hop... & obviously sexuality (have you read more than 2 pages in this thread)

Standout Tracks:

EVERYthing (except "Monster")

Overall:

5/5

good review of the album Monster is the weakest song on the album...

only thing I would disagree with is 5/5 "Hell of a Life"...its prolly the least ran back song for me...but that may be an ode to the strength of the other songs

ohh and the more I like Ross on DIAND the more I hate it...if Kanye was tellin Pusha to do verses over he cuda asked Ross to stay on topic no matter how dope the verse sounded...Jay-Z is the best at that it shoulda been his feature

Just noticed The-Dream at the very beginning of All of The Lights and now I can hear him throughout the song
eek.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 I know i aint the only one just now noticing
nerd.gif

Yea, Monster is the only track I don't %$%% with but it still fits the overall mood of the album and as Nay said its there for radio play basically.

I'm thinking that "Stronger" and "Flashing Lights" and MAYBE "Addiction" were probably two/three tracks that changed Kanye's future as an artist.

It isnt....she is only on Dark fantasy.

But the song could be about her...or hip hop...haaa

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

good review of the album Monster is the weakest song on the album...

only thing I would disagree with is 5/5 "Hell of a Life"...its prolly the least ran back song for me...but that may be an ode to the strength of the other songs

ohh and the more I like Ross on DIAND the more I hate it...if Kanye was tellin Pusha to do verses over he cuda asked Ross to stay on topic no matter how dope the verse sounded...Jay-Z is the best at that it shoulda been his feature
Good thing it's after the solo or I would have to get the GOOD Friday version (still might cuz skippin just isnt for me). I know Im one of the only ones that always recognizes how alot of times Ross just rhymes about nothing and hardly progresses on topic on a verse but that usually dont matter cuz most songs call for it. But somebody please admit that his verse is the equivalent of a college teacher letting an ADD student have a say in a lecture.

I got hate in my hart rite now. They saying this guy one of the top rappers in the game right now
Spoiler [+]
Lookin' at my ++!+! I bet she give your #+$ a bone (I guess thats on point)
Lookin' at my wrist it'll turn your #+$ to stone
Stretch limousine, sippin' Rosé all along
Double-headed monster with a mind of his own (So you're talkin bout yourself now))
Cherry red chariot, excess is just my character
All black tux, *$$++ the shoes lavender
I never needed acceptance from all you outsiders
Had cyphers with Yeezy before his mouth wired (Who cares??)
Before his jaw shattered climbin' up the Lord's ladder
We still speedin' runnin' signs like they don't matter
Uh, hater talkin' never made me mad
Never that when I'm in my favorite papertag
Therefore G4s at the Clearport
When it come to tools fool I'm a Pep Boy
When it came to dope I was quick to export
Never tired of ballin' so it's on to the next sport
New Mercedes sedan, they'll export
So many cars DMV though it was mail fraud
Different traps, I was gettin' mail from
Polk County, Jacksonville, rep Melbourne
Whole clique's appetite had tapeworms
Spinnin' Teddy Pendergrass vinyl as my jay burns
I shed a tear before the nights over
God bless the man I put this ice over
Gettin' 2Pac money twice over
Still a real *$$++, red Coogi sweater, dice roller
I'm makin' love to the angel of death (I guess now u back on track)
Catchin' feelings never stumble retracin' my steps
a0gl1l.gif

Im so appalled how can yall call that spazzin when the song is about a woman and he talking about cars and rapping with yeezy. Yall might think this is overracting but this track is just hard. 

On a sidenote Ross' adlibs are hilarious he sounds like a dog.  

Back
Top Bottom