[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by Marv Machamp

This album is like a mixture of everything Kanye has done so far

CD + LR + Graduation + 808s = MBDTF

You get that CD feel with his lyrics, subject matter (Dark Fantasy, DIAND)...
A little 808s. (Lost In The World, Blame Game, Runaway etc..)
That LR overdone production
laugh.gif
(POWER, All The Lights)
Then you get that flamboyant Graduation feel (Hell Of A Life, Monster, So Appalled, Gorgeous)

Basically dude spazzed out, and this was the result.

I still wish we could of heard his "Boom/Bap" Good %*% Job album,
but I guess that's what good fridays are for because Watch The Throne is a detox in the making
laugh.gif

I can feel it.

after listening to this album a couple times over the weekend THIS is EXACTLY how i feel
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

In some ways, he still speaks for the people, but before, his ability to relate to the common man was fantastic. Now, he frequently discusses topics (generally, materialistic) that the average person can't relate to or will ever be able to relate to. He has lost that part of himself, if you get what I'm saying ...
He cant talk about the same stuff because he's not in the same position.Ye is at a higher position so thats what he's gonna talk about, no matter what he still talks from his soul. He's hasnt lost that part of himself he's just not the common person anymore.
I'm definitely glad he has not stayed static as an artist. I still think he could establish more of a connection, AT TIMES. Oh well, time to listen to the album again
laugh.gif

Kanye said that Watch The Throne will drop in Feb. 2011 in that uStream conference call thing like 3 weeks ago, and that the first single is supposed to drop early January.

And considering that he originally pegged MBDTF for like early November originally, and it actually ended up dropping in late November, so we can probably expect it in late February, early March tops.

I like the ending of Lost in the World. Reminds me the first time I listened to Love Lockdown. The drum patterning is amazingly smooth.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Originally Posted by Marv Machamp

This album is like a mixture of everything Kanye has done so far

CD + LR + Graduation + 808s = MBDTF

You get that CD feel with his lyrics, subject matter (Dark Fantasy, DIAND)...
A little 808s. (Lost In The World, Blame Game, Runaway etc..)
That LR overdone production
laugh.gif
(POWER, All The Lights)
Then you get that flamboyant Graduation feel (Hell Of A Life, Monster, So Appalled, Gorgeous)

Basically dude spazzed out, and this was the result.

I still wish we could of heard his "Boom/Bap" Good %*% Job album,
but I guess that's what good fridays are for because Watch The Throne is a detox in the making
laugh.gif

I can feel it.

after listening to this album a couple times over the weekend THIS is EXACTLY how i feel
pimp.gif

::

Before Alicia Keys and Elton John's back-and-forth section,

I'm pretty sure it's John Legend, Tony Williams, Charlie Wilson & Elton John harmonizing the hook
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But that's definitely Kid Cudi with the distortion before Fergie's part

::

Originally Posted by My Toy Soldier

Originally Posted by jmal519

in All of the Lights, who's are the male vocals that sing the chorus before alicia keys comes in.

is that elton john or charlie wilson?

98% sure that's elton
it's @%%$++% GOTTA be him. that's who i always thought it was, sounds a lot like him.

I'm surprised to see The-Dream pop up a couple times, thought that was Vernon on Hell of a Life and not him.

and what's up with CuDi not being credited as Getting Out Our Dreams? i guess he's not officially G.O.O.D...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Dear Kanye,

Ihave early recollections of Damon Dash calling me and forcing me to putyou on Def Poetry Jam. I knew your record, "Through The Wire," but Ididn't know much more. When you took the stage on Def Poetry Jam thatnight, and spit those genuine, heartfelt words, I witnessed yourspecialness that Damon had emphatically told me about.

Fromthat moment on, you became a poet who has inspired the poets. I haveproudly watched your career since then, and in case someone has missedthe obvious, you are making a historical impact on music. Your lifestory took a tough turn with the passing of your mother. Although wegrieved with you, we never really knew how much pain you were in. Wewitnessed your moment at the MTV Music Awards and many of us dismissedit as, "oh that is just Kanye being Kanye." The hard part of all ofthis, is that we have all had moments in our lives that have beenchallenging, painful and hard to overcome, however most of us just hideour emotions and never deal with that inner-struggle that we face on adaily basis. As an artist, Kanye, you have always looked inside foryour inspiration...always exuding emotions that are in us, but that wenever expose. That is what artistry is about...to look inside for whatis unique. With your journey towards a higher level of consciousness, ajourney that we all are on, you have shown through your art acommitment to greatness.

Thethirty minute film you most recently made was beyond brilliant.Brilliance is not a word that can even begin to describe your abilityto paint vibrant, vivacious, colorful yet muted paintings of poetry,music, costume, art, design and most important, passion. The passionyou put into your new album is why I stayed up all those nights in theearly 80's trying to get DJs and radio stations to play our records. Iknew this day would come. Actually, maybe I didn't know, but I really,really hoped it would. I didn't work this hard when I was your age towatch the culture go the wrong way. And you, my friend, just took us toanother level. I am simply in awe.

Withthis power, as you know, comes great responsibility. I am sayingnothing you haven't heard before. When you spoke about President Bushduring the Katrina telethon, it was not the particulars of your wordsthat mattered, it was the essence of a feeling of the insensitivitytowards our communities that many of us have felt for far too long. Itwas the image of the President, our President, the President of theUnited States Of America, peering out the window of an airplane, as thepeople on the ground were drowning, that hurt us the most. Forcenturies, our people have relentlessly tread water as hard as theycould to stay afloat, and here we were, literally drowning, and it feltlike the President was insensitive. There is no need to apologize,Kanye. You spoke from your heart and that is all we will ever ask fromyou. Don't be afraid of the press, as your art is your blueprint,thanks to Jay-Z, your big brother, we will always carry our destiny inour own hands. You are are an artist whose art is masterful. You are aservant to this world who no matter how hard it gets, keeps on giving.Giving gifts that inspire us, challenge us and motivate us to be betterfamily and friends.

Keep on, Kanye. Keep on. We love you. We cherish you. And we will always have your back.
Awesome.
Agreed.

I think my favorite part of this album is the blackness.  Really this @%+# is some 2010 Public Enemy @%+#. The darkness of the staccato melodies, the overall brooding mood.  He really as other has said took all the elements he has shown post CD, had combined them into a masterpiece.  While there are maybe 1 or 2 songs that aren't my taste, the overall flow and mood of this album is really indescribable.  It manages to be so raw yet so clean at the same time.  I am a genuine hater and I really never give @%+# full praise. I stayed out of the thread for a while cause i couldn't handle the meatriding over some of what I though were medicore good friday tracks.  I constantly find myself unsatisified with music of today and how stagnant it has become.  There are too many people who try to confine music into niche's and genres instead of just letting it be music.  People like TIME who think music needs to to follow a certain structure to be music.  This album is really the first album I've heard in I can't even remember how long that is just an instant classicClassic may even be shorting how legendary this album is...I think 'Ye really needed to have all the lows he did to make this album cause the pain of not only himself but the black people come through on this.  This @%+# is just beautiful music.  With this Kanye enters the pantheon of all-time artists imo, I really can't deny it anymore.  The B.B. King's, the McCartney's, Lennon's, Dylan all those guys.  In a world where we are so often defined but what we are not he broke the mold by embracing what he is.  He took all the labels that people have thrown on him these past years and put into a musical sphere that expressed human emotion in such a profound way.  I really don't get sentimental hearing @%+#, but the first time spinning I imagined my parents must have felt listening to The White Album, What's Going on etc. This is easily the most important Hip-Hop record since The Mideducation of Lauryn Hill.  Kanye, I bow down to you and salture your genius.

That's basically what I have been saying since i heard the album 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

A new ye track for the past 14 weeks....

A flawless new ye album......

a new ye track every friday until christmas.....

Seriously NT......this cant be life
sick.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

in All of the Lights, who's are the male vocals that sing the chorus before alicia keys comes in.

98% sure that's elton
it's @%%$++% GOTTA be him. that's who i always thought it was, sounds a lot like him.

I'm surprised to see The-Dream pop up a couple times, thought that was Vernon on Hell of a Life and not him.

and what's up with CuDi not being credited as Getting Out Our Dreams? i guess he's not officially G.O.O.D...

Only times I clearly hear him is around the first minute where they say "fast cars, shooting stars" and again at the very end. Listening for distinct artists is actually kinda fun
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

98% sure that's elton

Only times I clearly hear him is around the first minute where they say "fast cars, shooting stars" and again at the very end. Listening for distinct artists is actually kinda fun
laugh.gif

call me crazy, but i always thought that sounded like the Biebster.

Back
Top Bottom