[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

this album is great! devil in a new dress to me is the best song on the album. my only gripe with it is the length of the songs. every song is at least 5mins long. %+# is that?! was it necessary for Kanye to stretch each song out like that? especially runaway. why the hell was runaway 9mins long? it's a waste of time. don't even get me started on Nicki Minaj. she was god awful on monster will all her idiotic voice changing. that s*** ain't hot it's garbage. why did Kanye West have her on this album. total waste of a collaboration. and who that chick saying Yeezy taught me at the end of Blame Game? was it Amber? but overall it's a very solid album from start to finish. The best album of the year no doubt.

I brought this up when I first watched runaway, but did Kanye sample the beat for Dark Fantasy from this song?
starts are 0:13

Just
smokin.gif
Listening into Devil in a New Dress and Ross' verse sounds like one of his best.  He even goes in on the song right as he starts spitting.  On a side note, I came to the realization that this album is  like a girl with the perfect combo: ****, the eye-catchers that have the sex appeal and %+#, the substance and quality that we crave the most.  In this case, the exceptional production= **** and the lyrical quality= Aceee

Album is amazing.

I know you guys aren't seriously editing out verses though right? Lmao it's that serious? OD.

Anyway, copped the deluxe today. Too bad the cover was blurred.

Last Kanye album i purchased was Late Registration.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by binman3k3

Im from Canada, so I scooped mine up from HMV. I talked to a buddy of mine who said he got his from Best Buy and his copy was blurred out

241o8bn.jpg
mad.gif
You've got quite a gem. Only way to get the uncensored art is through an imported copy

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Album is amazing.

I know you guys aren't seriously editing out verses though right? Lmao it's that serious? OD.

Anyway, copped the deluxe today. Too bad the cover was blurred.

Last Kanye album i purchased was Late Registration.
HI 
embarassed.gif

ummm

album is good so far. wish i hadn't heard so much of it already.

but
30t6p3b.gif
@ kanye for still being upset over the fish stick joke.

Originally Posted by B0SsTyCoON

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by binman3k3

Im from Canada, so I scooped mine up from HMV. I talked to a buddy of mine who said he got his from Best Buy and his copy was blurred out

241o8bn.jpg
mad.gif
You've got quite a gem. Only way to get the uncensored art is through an imported copy
Is that the deluxe version??? I thought Canada wasnt getting it until next week.
Any Canadian NTers pick up the deluxe??

If so, i'll be at HMV first thing tomorrow morning.

Originally Posted by MikeScarn

Is that the deluxe version??? I thought Canada wasnt getting it until next week.
Any Canadian NTers pick up the deluxe??

If so, i'll be at HMV first thing tomorrow morning.
Yep, the Deluxe copy (with Runaway & the 5 covers) dropped in Canada today.

I believe HMV and Sunrise are carrying the version with the uncensored cover, and most other retailers (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Zellers) have the blurred version. I scooped mine from HMV.

The only difference, as noted, is that there is no gold trim around the cover window.

Got my copy earlier this morning.
pimp.gif

Pretty shocked to a bunch of people come out and get theirs as well. There was barely any MBDTF copies left and the racks were still full of Pink Friday albums.
laugh.gif

anyone know when "Mama's Boyfriend" is supposed to drop?

I thought it was gonna be a bonus track along with "That's my B...."

Pretty disappointed to get 2 tracks I had already heard as the itunes bonuses.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

album started out epic, then hits track 7 and it went downhill

Agree. But downhill doesn't mean bad AT ALL. It's just that the first 6 tracks are off-the-charts. I do really like "Blame Game" and "Runaway" though. The other tracks are good but they just don't measure up to the first 6 tracks.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by The Swoosh

Originally Posted by nyk buc

album started out epic, then hits track 7 and it went downhill
2q1z68y.jpg

This dude can't be serious...
nerd.gif
The reason he was acting like that was because sway asked him how he was able to make runaway knowing he could not act 
laugh.gif

So he go offended by that 

I work at Best Buy and we still had tons of copies of this album. I really want this to pass Taylor Swift in sales but it's not gonna happen. We sold out of Recovery it's first week.... Kanye just doesn't have as big of appeal as Eminem.

It's so hard for me to judge this album considering I heard bits and pieces of it here and there all summer long. Coming back and listening to it a year later then I'd probably say it's album of the year.

I still have gripes though... Fergie On All Of the Lights
sick.gif
I won't ever get over that

Ross on DIAND... hell if he was on topic I wouldn't have minded..... or the fact the song was basically the same with the 'Ye parts.... exactly the same.

And the end of Blame Game should have been a separate skit.... still a great album over all.... just didn't have that new factor to it at all....

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I work at Best Buy and we still had tons of copies of this album. I really want this to pass Taylor Swift in sales but it's not gonna happen. We sold out of Recovery it's first week.... Kanye just doesn't have as big of appeal as Eminem.

It's so hard for me to judge this album considering I heard bits and pieces of it here and there all summer long. Coming back and listening to it a year later then I'd probably say it's album of the year.

sick.gif

Ross on DIAND... hell if he was on topic I wouldn't have minded..... or the fact the song was basically the same with the 'Ye parts.... exactly the same.

And the end of Blame Game should have been a separate skit.... still a great album over all.... just didn't have that new factor to it at all....

laugh.gif
 calm down its only the first day homie

It's stll not outselling Em or Taylor though (not that I care).

edit: Actually in this situation I do care somewhat, I want 'Ye to beat that fool Taylor.

sick.gif

The F.Y.E that i went to here in NYC sold out of the deluxe edition today so i guess it depends on were you are 
The store manger told me i got lucky because he said everyone is buying the deluxe and i got the last copy so i guess its selling pretty well 

Because for the deluxe copy to sell out thats a good sign at least that this is going to do good numbers by the end of the week

I'm sorry buy if you think this is outselling Taylor or Em you are crazy.

I honestly don't know how Taylor sold that much... but I had ALL kinds of people looking for Recovery. The appeal Eminem has can not be matched. I honestly haven't had a single customer ask me for help finding Taylor's album yet I remember all kinds of people looking for Recovery. We were actually sold out for a few days. I want Ye to do numbers, but I can't see him doing more than 500,000. We'll see though I guess.

I'm sorry buy if you think this is outselling Taylor or Em you are crazy.

I honestly don't know how Taylor sold that much... but I had ALL kinds of people looking for Recovery. The appeal Eminem has can not be matched. I honestly haven't had a single customer ask me for help finding Taylor's album yet I remember all kinds of people looking for Recovery. We were actually sold out for a few days. I want Ye to do numbers, but I can't see him doing more than 500,000. We'll see though I guess.
This shows how much that fact makes no sense. So since people ask you to find an album it means it's selling a lot and if they don't it's not selling? Well no customer asked you for Taylor and she sold a Mill 1st week so theory fail

Back
Top Bottom