[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

I live in Michigan.

We'll see end of the week. I hope 'Ye sells like crazy.

I don't know what fact I was trying to make with Taylor selling so much... the thing with Eminem wasn't even first week but all summer long people were looking for it.

I want 'Ye to do more than Taylor but I don't see it happening, we'll see though.

I've been a huge Kanye fan since pre College Dropout, so to see him do huge numbers in this day would be great to me. Here's to hoping it happens.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I'm sorry buy if you think this is outselling Taylor or Em you are crazy.

I honestly don't know how Taylor sold that much... but I had ALL kinds of people looking for Recovery. The appeal Eminem has can not be matched. I honestly haven't had a single customer ask me for help finding Taylor's album yet I remember all kinds of people looking for Recovery. We were actually sold out for a few days. I want Ye to do numbers, but I can't see him doing more than 500,000. We'll see though I guess.

why dudes acting like Ye can't sell records
808's - 450,000 first week

Graduation - 1,000,000 first week

Late Registration - 850,000 first week

College Dropout - 450,000 first week

now he can't do 500,000??? this album has considerably more buzz than any of his other albums...people was thrown off with 808's but his core fanbase is back

Supposely the iTunes version has a total of 17 tracks, but I'm only seeing 14?! Where is Mama's Boyfriend or Pure?

FYI the Deluxe Edition isn't a Digipak, so stop calling it that... 
laugh.gif

/anal-graphic-designer-comment

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Supposely the iTunes version has a total of 17 tracks, but I'm only seeing 14?! Where is Mama's Boyfriend or Pure?
Looking at how things panned out, See Me Now is the only official bonus track we'll be getting.
If anything though, the tracks that were intended to be on the album or as bonus joints, we'll be seeing those becoming GOOD Friday tracks, just like Chain Heavy.

I don't see the problem with Fergie on "All of the Lights."

Her part sounds like MIA/Santigold, and if it were revealed that one of those two were the artist doing Fergie's part, no one would be complaining.

The only gripe I do have about that track is they have phenomenal artists like Elton John and Alicia Keys playing supportive roles, when either one really should've been the main featured voice.

Why would they give the Deluxe edition a copy of a clean version of the Runaway video though? Makes no sense.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by MikeScarn

Is that the deluxe version??? I thought Canada wasnt getting it until next week.
Any Canadian NTers pick up the deluxe??

If so, i'll be at HMV first thing tomorrow morning.
Yep, the Deluxe copy (with Runaway & the 5 covers) dropped in Canada today.

I believe HMV and Sunrise are carrying the version with the uncensored cover, and most other retailers (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Zellers) have the blurred version. I scooped mine from HMV.

The only difference, as noted, is that there is no gold trim around the cover window.

I was just at the super HMV in downtown Montreal and they say they don't have the deluxe yet so I just bought the regular version for now but I'll get the deluxe for my collection. On another note,I was seeing a bunch of people in line buying it and people that were walking into the store looked like they were gonna buy it. I don't see how 'Ye wouldn't be able to sell more than 500,000. I find it crazy the numbers that Taylor Swift is putting up,1 mill in a week
eek.gif
sick.gif
. Not even Jay or Em are pulling those sort of numbers.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I honestly don't know how Taylor sold that much...

This crossed my mind yesterday, actually.

DF!!!
People forget she won the grammy for album of the year last year 
Shes had a lot  of hype surrounding her new album 

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by MikeScarn

Is that the deluxe version??? I thought Canada wasnt getting it until next week.
Any Canadian NTers pick up the deluxe??

If so, i'll be at HMV first thing tomorrow morning.
Yep, the Deluxe copy (with Runaway & the 5 covers) dropped in Canada today.

I believe HMV and Sunrise are carrying the version with the uncensored cover, and most other retailers (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Zellers) have the blurred version. I scooped mine from HMV.

The only difference, as noted, is that there is no gold trim around the cover window.

I was just at the super HMV in downtown Montreal and they say they don't have the deluxe yet so I just bought the regular version for now but I'll get the deluxe for my collection. On another note,I was seeing a bunch of people in line buying it and people that were walking into the store looked like they were gonna buy it. I don't see how 'Ye wouldn't be able to sell more than 500,000. I find it crazy the numbers that Taylor Swift is putting up,1 mill in a week
eek.gif
sick.gif
. Not even Jay or Em are pulling those sort of numbers.

Hook me up homie.
wink.gif

Yeah it's pretty insane that Swift was able to do numbers like that.

Originally Posted by The Swoosh

nyk buc wrote:
2q1z68y.jpg

What the heck is this about?

How my dude transition through 3 emotional states in the span of 3 seconds...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ol' schitzo self. He makes good music, but he needs to go see a therapist ASAP for whatever that's happening in the GIF...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Any Canadian heads wanna help me grab that unblurred deluxe? Is there a site HMV site or something that I can purchase it from and have it shipped to the US?

Good album, but not a 10/10 IMO. More of a 8/10. There is a A LOT of hype with this album, and I had really high expectations on my first listen. Honestly, I was more blown away at the production of FS/LS than of MBDTF. That was one of the few albums that on the first listen I was
eek.gif
. IMO, for an album to be flawless there should be no skippable tracks or forgetable (sp?) parts. I'm not a fan of Monster, Nikki Minaj, or Rick Ross on this LP. Not saying that those two artists aren't talented, but I didn't like what they brought to the table as far as their contributions to the album. How I Got Over is THE rap album of 2010. That's an album which I feel is "flawless." I'm sure I'll find some things I'll appreciate about MBDTF as I listen to certain tracks more and more, but I wasn't as impressed as some of you guys.....

this was hyped up way too much.
the way some of you were talking about it, i thought the album would be flawless.

Dark Fantasy- 5/5. favorite track on the album. Nicki Minaj is not needed on the song, though.

Gorgeous- 4.5/5 hook and verses are sick

Power- 4/5- Song has been nice since the day it was released

AOTL + interlude- 5/5  Second favorite track on the album

Monster- 3/5  Not a fan of the beat. Although Nicki Minaj's verse is good, the change in her tone throughout the verse completely kills it for me. The Jay verse is the only thing I like about this song

So Appalled- 3.5/5 Everyone's verse is cool, except CyHi's. he seemed out of place on the song to me and i wasn't a fan of the RZA part. Swizz Beatz
indifferent.gif
his part was definitely not needed.

Devil In A New Dress- 4/5 Been looking forward to this song since it came out. Guitar solo was cool, but I'm not a fan of Ross' verse on it

Runaway- 3/5- The song got annoying very fast. And those extra 3 minutes on the song were a waste of time. should have not been added. Wasn't a fan of the autotune on this even though I'm a fan of autotune

Hell of a Life- 4/5 Very solid track, no complaints

Blame Game- 3.75/5 This song was okay. John Legend was the best part of the song. Chris Rock part at the end wasn't needed

Lost In the World- 3.75/5 Solid track, pretty much it

The last skit was not needed

so out of 100, if my math is right my rating for this would be a 79

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

Why would they give the Deluxe edition a copy of a clean version of the Runaway video though? Makes no sense.

they did?
nerd.gif
Yeah, I popped in the Runaway film DVD and there was no option of an explicit version of the film. The only options on the DVD are to play it and put it on a nonstop loop.

I know its been stated couple times in the past few pages, but just to confirm again, I just picked up the deluxe version from HMV (im in Canada) and it was the uncensored version on the CD/Artwork, but no gold trim

I got the iTunes UK version of the album.

The digital booklet includes the "priest" cover as the fifth cover.

Is this the case for the Canadian and American releases?

Would anyone happen to have/know where I could find a good quality version of the "priest" cover with the gold trim? I'd like to add it to the tracks on the album.

The "phoenix" cover is censored as well, though this is/was expected as it's the iTunes version.

Back
Top Bottom