[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Can someone please resize this image and add a gold border around it similar to the other album covers?

I'd like to include it in my iTunes library.

For those who may not know, it's the official fifth cover.

Thanks in advance.

Kanye-West-My-Beautiful-Dark-Twisted-Fantasy-Final-album-cover-cover.jpg

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by MindOfCritic

If it's evolution why is the music getting worse?

why don't you ask all the REAL critics who've been giving it amazing reviews...
albums pretty @$!!!@ good to me...

i'm not to happy about all the joints i've heard months ago, but it doesn't take away from the fact that those songs were good
REAL critics? Hip Hop hasn't had legitimate source for reviews since well The Source

Originally Posted by binman3k3

Im from Canada, so I scooped mine up from HMV. I talked to a buddy of mine who said he got his from Best Buy and his copy was blurred out

241o8bn.jpg

if i was you i would stock up and resell them
i'll buy a copy off you if your serious

After 100 listens, the album has finally gotten old, and I'm led to believe if the album would stick much better even after repeated listen if the lyricism was on par with the instrumentation.

It's not a 10, but bass makes a whole heap of a difference.

Am I the only one that doesn't like "Gorgeous"? 
I think NT was one of the only places I see LR get so much love, personally I think it's in the bottom of his catalogue (not including 808's cause I don't count that CD). It always had WAY too many songs and just didn't flow for me. When I play the CD, I start at track 11 and let it finish.

That's a good opinion piece and I agree with some points

But I still like the album, I've come to terms with the fact that we'll never get the LR/CD Ye back thus having no real theme or cohesion in his music anymore. It's sad but even with this album he still putting out better work than most rappers out there today and by better work I'm not just talking about lyrics alone. It baffles the hell out of me how people %!%% on this album but worship a Lil B tape or a Joe Budden (he's dope lyrically but that where it stops, ZERO replay value) in the same breath. Very few rappers today (ie. Ross, Cudi, The Roots, Big Boi to list some recent examples) can put together a complete SONG and I think Ye at least gave us that on this album albeit not cohesive. From a production standpoint this album is blowing current rap %!%% out of the water. It's just all the damn features, Monster, Ye straying away from the "school" theme and the CRAZY d-riding that has caused people to flat out hate this album. 

This album is far from perfect, arguably not even top 5 rap albums this year but it's still good music. 

YO! ^
30t6p3b.gif
LR is EASILY his best work to me.
Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Ditto.

DF!!!

LR is a musical masterpiece, I doubt he'll ever top that.

My rankings:
LR > CD > MBDTF > 808s > Graduation

Originally Posted by Pitman13

LR is a musical masterpiece, I doubt he'll ever top that.

My rankings:
LR > CD > MBDTF > 808s > Graduation

Never could understand how people can even say that? Drive Slow was weak, Touch the Sky has an awful beat, Gold Digger is the worst song on the CD. My Way Home is fine but never wanna play it, it's boring. Roses is a nice deep song but it doesn't have a replay value. Bring Me Down is ehhh. Then you got like five or six useless skits on the CD. Like I said, when Addiction comes on, then the CD is good. Diamonds is great. We Major is epic, Hey Mama is amazing and the rest of the songs are good. Again, these are just my opinions. MBDTF is the first Kanye CD I've bought since College Dropout. Haven't been a fan of any of his CDs except for this one and I was a Kanye STAN before he dropped College Dropout, CD was WAY short of what I expected from him and LR was even worse. Graduation was a solid album, a lot of solid songs and 808s was a disaster. 

YO!
Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Drive Slow was weak

eek.gif

Touch the Sky has an awful beat

eek.gif

Gold Digger is the worst song on the CD.

eek.gif

My Way Home is fine but never wanna play it, it's boring.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Bring Me Down is ehhh... Again, these are just my opinions.

Agreed.

DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

Drive Slow was weak

eek.gif

Touch the Sky has an awful beat

eek.gif

Gold Digger is the worst song on the CD.

eek.gif

My Way Home is fine but never wanna play it, it's boring.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Bring Me Down is ehhh... Again, these are just my opinions.

Agreed.

DF!!!

laugh.gif
I'm wit ya Ant

LR is his best album, skits were the only flaw IMO

YO! I actually enjoy the skits as well... "I brought you brothers here today, to start our on fraterniTEE!" Classic.
laugh.gif
DF!!!

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

LR is still Kanye's masterpiece. It always will be. That album is amazing from beginning to end.
That's not to say that MBDTF isn't a great album though, because it is. The replay value is crazy. He deserves all the accolades he's gonna get for this album.

LR is one of my favorite albums of all time. Definitely my favorite Kanye album. And Late Orchestration 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Ye needs to do a live version of the GITD tracks. I love all Ye's albums though, so all of them live orchestrated would be appreciated 

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by binman3k3

Im from Canada, so I scooped mine up from HMV. I talked to a buddy of mine who said he got his from Best Buy and his copy was blurred out

241o8bn.jpg

That cover was banned in the US so it's not like you found a rare gem.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by MindOfCritic

Oh, you mean the critics who get paid for politically correct reviews? Those guys? I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Def Jam wrote those reviews and sent them out with the bribe checks.
music is a billon-dollar industry
and you're gonna sit here and tell me that out of all these company Ye is the only person who can bribe people for good reviews???

he's not even the richest or most respected rapper, but he has the money to bribe all these people???

this is probably the best reviewed album in the past decade, but none of these labels in the past 10 years could shell out the money to get their artist good reviews???

dudes always swear there's some type of conspiracy when it comes to this %$**

Ye made a dope #@+ album...period
roll.gif
roll.gif
you really have no clue how the record industry work.

I personally like the album, its a great album. To me it's the second best rap/hip hop album of the year (behind "Distant Relatives" which to me is a classic). The only problem I have with the album is it has no cohesiveness, the content is empty ( a lot of devil references), too many features, and so-so hooks. The production is amazing and is going to make other hip hop albums to step up. And Ye' did a good job on most of the lyrics.

Am I the only one that doesn't like "Gorgeous"? 
I think NT was one of the only places I see LR get so much love, personally I think it's in the bottom of his catalogue (not including 808's cause I don't count that CD). It always had WAY too many songs and just didn't flow for me. When I play the CD, I start at track 11 and let it finish.
There is not a GIF on this planet that can properly portray my stoneface/confusion at your statement about LR

This album is incredible. I love it.

I'm really glad I waited to cop to listen for the 1st time.

And to my man TheKingOfVA...."no cohesiveness" ? The entire album is a war within his self. This is hands down his best work. If he keeps improving at this rate, who knows where he'll rank musically in 10 years. My goodness!

Just so you guys know, there will be a 'collectors edition' coming out in the US w/uncensored artwork with a certificate of authenticity. The packaging on the Canadian version isn't as nice as our basic Deluxe edition as you can see. Might as well wait it out.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

And to my man TheKingOfVA...."no cohesiveness" ? The entire album is a war within his self. This is hands down his best work. If he keeps improving at this rate, who knows where he'll rank musically in 10 years. My goodness!
Just my opinion but some of the tracks are out of place. Monster and So Appalled don't go with the rest of the album at all. I was nit picking with that comment because I do like the album.

Son OD'd on the production of this album so that you would get lost in the music and not realize he barely rapping

i dont know how to feel about that...I guess Good Fridays is his way of compromising with us fans....but im still left with a kinda perplexed feeling when I listen to the album and see the reviews

With the lack of promo/singles I think this dude had a bet with somebody:

"I bet I can get crazy first week #'s without doing any promo, radio single, etc"

I can really see him doing this tho

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Just my opinion but some of the tracks are out of place. Monster and So Appalled don't go with the rest of the album at all. I was nit picking with that comment because I do like the album.
I do feel that. I feel Monster was forced on the album as well b/c of how well it was received when released. So yea, I kinda agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom