[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

30t6p3b.gif
At some people think Kanye purposely put out a weak album, are you kidding me?

The only reason I'm not enjoying this album as much as I do is because i heard half of it in July.

Sure its nothing like CD or LR... but neither was Graduation. Thats what you have to love about Kanye, all his albums are so much different then the one before it. Great album and if you think otherwise your crazy.

Pardon the ignorance, I'm not a huge Ye stan, but what are these GOOD friday tracks ya'll are talkin about?

is he releasing more music this friday?

Originally Posted by 9thWonder23kid

Pardon the ignorance, I'm not a huge Ye stan, but what are these GOOD friday tracks ya'll are talkin about?

kanyewest.com

And I believe he's finished with it, he only released songs up until the album released

Album is great. I give it a 9/10

My fav tracks...Dark Fantasy, Power, All of the Lights and Blame Game

I thought G.O.O.D. Fridays was until xmas? Because he announced there was going to be one this past friday (even though it never came out). He had the name & features on his Twitter...

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Am I the only one that doesn't like "Gorgeous"? 
I think NT was one of the only places I see LR get so much love, personally I think it's in the bottom of his catalogue (not including 808's cause I don't count that CD). It always had WAY too many songs and just didn't flow for me. When I play the CD, I start at track 11 and let it finish.
There is not a GIF on this planet that can properly portray my stoneface/confusion at your statement about LR
I skipped school 2/10/04 to go to Target to pick up "College Dropout" which was a CD I had been waiting for since 2001. Where were you 2/10/04? Did you even know who Kanye was? I've been listening to Kanye WAY before NT claimed him as their Lord and Savior. I'm not a fan of this CD, simple as that. Nothing about it is a masterpiece. I was very disappointed in how soft all his CDs are . MBDTF is the first CD where he's been angry and aggressive, which is why it's EASILY my favorite Kanye CD. I can't relate to 84% of LR, I have no attachment to it and it doesn't do anything for me. Give yourself a stoneface GIF for having a wrestling avatar in 2010

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by 9thWonder23kid

kanyewest.com

And I believe he's finished with it, he only released songs up until the album released

GOOD Friday isn't done yet. its till Christmas.

Ballerific your post makes NO sense.... first you say your aren't a fan of MBDTF.... then you say it's your favorite 'Ye album
roll.gif

Looking at it again you may be saying you aren't a fan of College Dropout, but that %#* is confusing reading it. Looks like you are saying you aren't a fan of MBDTF but then it's your favorite.

College Dropout is still his best album easily. Two Words he wasn't agressive? Last Call may be one of his greatest songs. Get Em High, Spaceship, Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Down... all some of his best tracks made.

Late Registration on the other hand I have a more difficult time going back and replaying it. I HATED Gold Digger from the beginning, Touch the Sky was ok, Heard em Say was ok, My Way Home was great but it wasn't him. Bring me down would have been good had it been longer and not just one recycled verse.

We Major, Addiction, Hey Mama (Recycled song) and Roses were the high points of this album. Just had too much filler to me.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

With the lack of promo/singles I think this dude had a bet with somebody:

"I bet I can get crazy first week #'s without doing any promo, radio single, etc"

I can really see him doing this tho
Lack of promo? Dude made a 40 minute movie that aired on VH1, MTV, and BET simultaneously. 

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Ballerific your post makes NO sense.... first you say your aren't a fan of MBDTF.... then you say it's your favorite 'Ye album
roll.gif

Looking at it again you may be saying you aren't a fan of College Dropout, but that %#* is confusing reading it. Looks like you are saying you aren't a fan of MBDTF but then it's your favorite.

College Dropout is still his best album easily. Two Words he wasn't agressive? Last Call may be one of his greatest songs. Get Em High, Spaceship, Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Down... all some of his best tracks made.

Late Registration on the other hand I have a more difficult time going back and replaying it. I HATED Gold Digger from the beginning, Touch the Sky was ok, Heard em Say was ok, My Way Home was great but it wasn't him. Bring me down would have been good had it been longer and not just one recycled verse.

We Major, Addiction, Hey Mama (Recycled song) and Roses were the high points of this album. Just had too much filler to me.
I have TOO many different conversations going on in this thread 
laugh.gif
 I never said anything bad about MBDTF, only thing I said was I don't like "Gorgeous". Other than that I said it was the first album from Kanye I bought since College Dropout. The songs you listed for CD Two Words, Last Call, Get Him High, Spaceship, Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Down are all dope. Add Slow Jamz to that list and those are the only songs I play on College Dropout. College Dropout was good but had some HORRIBLE songs on it, some songs I can't even believe the record label would allow him to release. I see you agree with me on Late Registration for the most part 

Originally Posted by MindOfCritic

"I bet I can get crazy first week #'s without doing any promo, radio single, etc"

Lack of promo? Dude made a 40 minute movie that aired on VH1, MTV, and BET simultaneously. 
Album and Movie are 2 separate things tho and that %*#+ dropped like a month ago

No TV appreances, no new tweets, not anything on the radio, pretty low key to me IMO

Album and Movie are 2 separate things tho and that %*#+ dropped like a month ago

No TV appreances, no new tweets, not anything on the radio, pretty low key to me IMO
The movie's sound track was the album, are you serious g?

Ye' promoted harder than anyone just not by the regular format, what do you think Good Friday's were about?
Son was on the today show, Hot 97 and was getting an abundance of web coverage.
Monster isn't a radio single? That @%#* gets played all the time, along with Runaway.

Only thing I like about the album is the production...#@@ happened to kanyes witty lyrics. Its almost like he said EFF it and just concentrated on the runaway movie. Plus him leaking over half the album did no justice, I like shock value when I purchase an album. Lol at everyone calling this GOAT anything...not best album of the year, not kanyes best album and certainly not of all time

Only thing I like about the album is the production...!!@ happened to kanyes witty lyrics. Its almost like he said EFF it and just concentrated on the runaway movie. Plus him leaking over half the album did no justice, I like shock value when I purchase an album. Lol at everyone calling this GOAT anything...not best album of the year, not kanyes best album and certainly not of all time

Highs of the album :
Dark Fantasy 

Runaway

Blame Game 

All of the lights 

Lost in the world/who will survive in america 

Power 

Hell of a life

Devil in a New Dress 

Lows of the album: 

Gorgeous

Monster

So Appalled 

The album evens it self out really well IMO

Did people forget that 2 minute POWER "portrait" that got play ALL the time

lol...dude really didnt promote it much....Ive seen no commercials....no appearances....nothing this week....

any other artist would be aall over the place promoting. guess there was no money left "lol

Originally Posted by RoOk

^ Gorgeous?

"C'mon Son"

Exactly, dudes are really sleeping on Gorgeous like those weren't arguably Ye's top verses on the album?
And nice avy 
laugh.gif

I don't understand why people are hating So Appalled. The man gives it to you for free it's masterpiece, if he throws it on the album its terrible.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by RoOk

^ Gorgeous?

"C'mon Son"

Exactly, dudes are really sleeping on Gorgeous like those weren't arguably Ye's top verses on the album?
And nice avy 
laugh.gif

Yes, his 3rd verse on Gorgeous is the best verse on the album to me.

Back
Top Bottom