[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by Beats05

I guess I'm pretty much alone here.  I don't like the album.  Late Registration is one of my favorite albums ever; College Dropout is up there too, so it's not that I'm not a Kanye fan.  I even had a lot of love for 808's and Graduation.  This is his worst work in my opinion.  I can't even sit through some of these songs.  Since I paid $10 for this, I'm trying to force myself to feel at least a couple songs other than Power, All of the Lights, and Runaway, but I feel like I got ripped off.  Most songs sound like fillers or low-budget throwaways from previous albums; the hooks are awful; besides Jay-Z the guest appearances make me cringe and make my ears bleed (Swizz and Fergie, really?); why are you gonna sample the same song that "Iran" sampled from SNL and waste a John Legend collab on that; why did you leave "Mama's Boyfriend" off when the live performances got millions of youtube views; why are you still using autotune when 808's already did that to death; where is the personal, thoughtful, introspective material...and I can go on.  I give it 1/5 stars.

All I gotta say is bring back Jon Brion.

And the people bringing up Taylor Swift, how are you seriously going to say "I don't know how she did 1 mil in the first week" when:
(1) Her first album went 5x platinum
(2) Her first album had 5 platinum singles, a few of which made the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.
(3) Her second album was #1 on the Billboards for 11 non-consecutive weeks.
(4) Her second album went 6x platinum, selling 600K in the first week, and was the best selling album of the year.
(5) Her second album had a ton of singles make the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, one hit #2.
(6) Her second album won four Grammy's including Album of the Year
-see Wikipedia.

Check Norah Jones too--after her album won Album of the Year, her next one sold a million in the first week.  That award alone has that much power in the industry.  So if you're going to sit here and be aghast about Taylor Swift doing 1 million, I really don't know what to tell you.  Most people who follow the industry would have said 800K minimum.

Norah Jones is a dope artist though. Personally I"m not into the whole "Country-pop" genre and whenever I turn on the radio There's always a Taylor Swift song on. All her songs talk about the same things(teenage love mostly) and pretty much sound very similar to me so I really don't understand her appeal to the masses. I guess it shows the state of the industry right now with her winning the grammy for album of the year over the likes of Beyonce who should've won *Kanye shrug* .If it's about the number of records sold then it should've gone to Lady Gaga who's album went 14x platinum. I guess a lot of the hype surrounding her might also be because of Kanye himself after the VMA's when she got more attention then she's ever had. I don't understnd how artists like Em and Beyonce are selling less than Taylor Swift. I'm not hating though,I applaud her for all that she's accomplished at such a young age but it shows the state of music right now where artists like Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift are tearing up the charts.

Wait so the guy can bribe his way to 10/10 reviews from every major music publication but can't scrape enough money to dead a year old South Park joke? Really?

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

I completely agree with MindOfCritic. I do enjoy this album but its no where near as good as what people are making it out to be. once the die-hard Kanye fans see that the album is getting perfect reviews all over the place they'll defend it no matter what.

last week I was questioning Rolling Stone's perfect rating for this album on twitter. some chick replied and said she thinks that its definitely worthy of a 5 star rating. then I asked her if she thinks this album is better than Late Registration (which also received a perfect rating from Rolling Stone), and she said no and that LR was on a different level and will always be her favorite Ye album. all that said to me is that some of these Ye stans cant even think for themselves and would rather agree with positive review they see......

*Kanye shrug*

but when the album leaked about before reviews started coming out and dudes was saying it's his best work, ya'll haters were still on the defense and calling everybody stans and such
i really don't get what your second paragraph is getting at

just because someone thinks LR > this album means that both albums arent worth of the 5 star praise???

Originally Posted by B0SsTyCoON

Listening to MBDTF made me appreciate LR that much more...

pimp.gif
Still my fave 'Ye album. 5/5

I'd give MBDTF 4.5/5

Why does Fergie get so much hate for being on AOTL? Let the woman live. I do agree that Swizz on Lord Lord Lord was just wrong for mankind. But him being on So Appalled in the first and last 10 seconds of the song will not make my ears bleed.

LR is still Kanye's masterpiece. It always will be. That album is amazing from beginning to end.

That's not to say that MBDTF isn't a great album though, because it is. The replay value is crazy. He deserves all the accolades he's gonna get for this album.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

last week I was questioning Rolling Stone's perfect rating for this album on twitter. some chick replied and said she thinks that its definitely worthy of a 5 star rating. then I asked her if she thinks this album is better than Late Registration (which also received a perfect rating from Rolling Stone), and she said no and that LR was on a different level and will always be her favorite Ye album. all that said to me is that some of these Ye stans cant even think for themselves and would rather agree with positive review they see......

just because someone thinks LR > this album means that both albums arent worth of the 5 star praise???
I just thought it was funny how she said LR is far ahead of MBDTF, but still thinks it deserves a perfect rating.

but anyways. what is y'alls favorite track from the album?? I'd have to go with Gorgeous 
pimp.gif

and I don't get all the hate for Fergie on All of The Lights. Kid Cudi's part was waaaaay worse. yall just don't like it cuz its Fergie
laugh.gif

"Dark Fantasy"
"POWER"
"AOTL"
"DIAND"
"Blame Game"

(I can't pick a fav, but those are my top 5 in no order)...

"Gorgeous" is in my bottom 1/2 and multiple people are calling this their fav track.  That in itself shows me how good this album is.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

30t6p3b.gif
Album may not be as good as some people are hyping it to be, but its no where near as bad as you make it to be.

If you compare it to Late Registration this album is that bad. The album feels rushed and unrganized compared to Late Registration. Too many features not enough real rap.
In what way does this album feel rushed? That comment made absolutely no sense at all. Ya'll dudes need to stop comparing this album to his past work, is it not evident that this is not the CD/LR Kanye? Even at that, this is one hell of an album. Kanye did some game changing @#$# with some of the songs he put on here. 

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

LR is still Kanye's masterpiece. It always will be. That album is amazing from beginning to end.

That's not to say that MBDTF isn't a great album though, because it is. The replay value is crazy. He deserves all the accolades he's gonna get for this album.

I agree 100%.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Man, AOTL is gonna CRUSH stadiums live.
lyricalJ.... since i know u from cali like myself....

all of the lights x outdoors @ the hollywood bowl x summertime x fireworks = EPIC status....

I hear you, man. Performance is gonna be on some festive celebration ^&*&.

p.s.

Man, I hate my NT name. every time someone mentions me as 'lyricalj' or any other variation, I cringe a bit. I thought that name was doing it in 7th/8th grade.
tired.gif

Can we rewind 7 years ago and let me get a do over, Meth?
laugh.gif

An entry from the 22nd

[h3]These past few weeks have a been a little surreal. When I’m not busy figuring out myself, I’m trying to figure out the people who follow me. I can’t say all the hype has changed my point of view on the new Kanye record–I feel the way I feel, so sue me. But for me, watching the internet buzz unfold exposed some gears in the hype machine.
[/h3][h3]Will we gain some kind of new focus from all the talk surrounding this album, or will our attention be snatched as soon as the hottest new commodity comes along? It’s happenedtimeandtimeagain this year. It happened last year, too. Will this time be different?Remember the excitement around this album?
[/h3][h3]I think people just like consuming music, and everyone loves hearing something new. This Kanye will fall into the grey, and it’s got nothing to do with being perfect or awful. Albums both immaculate and mediocre suffer this fate because of the speed at which we plow through albums, music videos, remixes, and singles. Yes, this will even happen to albums I’ve liked this year.[/h3][h3]Maybe shelf life is overrated.
[/h3][h3]The truth is all the positive and negative vibes only last as long as attention spans do. Albums of the year are forgotten because we desperately need to make room for the next album of the year. Is that because we’re dolts? Nah. We’ve just got a lot of tunage at our fingertips, and it’s hard to say “no†when the next song you search for could be better than the previous.[/h3][h3]The following track is a freestyle from one of my favorite MCs on the West Coast:Fashawn. He dropped it last nightvia On Smash, and he’s spitting all over the first beat fromMy Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. It’s an extremely ballsy move, but he’s one of the few guys out there right now who could pull it off.[/h3]
Taken from THE NEEDLE DROP

anyone have a setlist from tonight?

and BTW. Kanye is going to DESTROY Coachella. Bon Iver and CuDi will be performing, and you always have the potential of Rihanna/John Legend....+ whoever else is in LA at the time...

gorgeous
blame game
AOTL
dark fantasy
hell of a life
devil in a new dress
runaway
so appalled

sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif