The Official Killzone 2 Thread: Vol. OP Updated PG1 | PSN Clan List PG1 | FW1.27 is LIVE!

yo boost what number you up to with them clan invites

Im in the 60's I think hahaha

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

I'm probably alone on this but I don't think Killzone 2 is that great.

I finished single player on veteran (this was a !*+!+ and a half at some points) so it kept me engaged, but the guns suck, it takes too many hits to kill people (and I hate that you can shoot them down and they get back up) and multiplayer isn't that fun either... probably because the maps are wack. I like that I can play my own music online though.

I'll give this a few more tries but I still think COD4 is better.

You can continue with the hyped up excitement now.

:checks for screenname:

...why am I not surprised
smh.gif

smh.gif
i cant aim for %%%%. im not used to the ps3 controller with FPS games. dude can be standing in front of me running around and i cant kill him
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
you can't front though, COD4 runs smoother than this does.Graphics on KZ2 are great and I love the use of the DS3 and all, but head-to-head Modern Warfare is still %++@%!# on this.

Edit: For the record, y'all can see my response. I'm not one of the people saying this game is trash or wack, I just think it lacks in certaindepartments while COD still delivers. Kinda like WaW, both good in terms of controls, concepts, etc. but MW is better.

Give it a couple of weeks and a majority of y'all won't care about this game anymore. The hype-train will move on to the next destination. Guaranteed.Probably Resident Evil 5 or something.

Edit again: And I'm definitely not one of those scrubs who is new to games like this. I did just fine while playing online, but I got bored fast.

i can understand people preferring call of duty cause that makes sense but trash and wack huh?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yall must be gettin served cause thats what it sounds like, im not even that good at this game, some might even say im terrible but i still love it

i can also understand people not liking the controls but i love em, maybe its cause ive only played call of duty 4/5 a few times at my buddies, i love howevery gun feels different unlike call of duty for the most part, thats why ur hearing about people turning sensitivity up all the way cause they hate how them82 and the rocket launcher aim slower than the sidearms
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and how u run faster with the sidearm than u do with your main weapon, i love the feeling of the guns especially the revolver
eek.gif
, yeah it bugs me when your in the middle of firing and u take a jump (like 5 ftor 30ft) and your gun resets but whatever, it makes sense to me

as for the dualshock 3 i also got no problems there but maybe its cause ive had all 3 PSs and am just used to havin my thumb reach over

as for the maps, i got no problem with em, theyre all good with me, only problem i have is that huge crater in vasari hammer
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

COD4 is one of the best FPS ever but people are forgetting, this isn't COD4. Killzone 2 is a overall better total package IMO. The reward, clan and trophysystem alone makes the game more satifying.

Great package definitely. Fun factor and mechanics go to COD though.
eh, fun factor really depends on the person ....i find COD4:MW boring after a month ...it was just running and gunning ...KZ2 so far it veryimpressive, where you have to work as a team ....COD people usually branch off and become a one man army
indifferent.gif

Good games last night, just unlocked Light machine Gun so I hope to improve
glasses.gif

Rocket %+#$+%
smh.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

COD4 is one of the best FPS ever but people are forgetting, this isn't COD4. Killzone 2 is a overall better total package IMO. The reward, clan and trophy system alone makes the game more satifying.

Exactly what I came to say.

Although, after only 2 days of online play, I have 80% of the ribbons/medals...
ohwell.gif
They need more unlockables, IMO. COD took me MONTHS to get a gold cross/gold guns.

Im ready for a clan match already

Agreed. I think going in, though, we need to decide who will be what in each class, what each persons strengths are...

KZ2 relies a TON more on communication and planning than Call of Duty ever did.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

eh, fun factor really depends on the person ....i find COD4:MW boring after a month ...it was just running and gunning ...KZ2 so far it very impressive, where you have to work as a team ....COD people usually branch off and become a one man army
indifferent.gif

Assuming they don't do anything to improve the look sensitivity and gun strengths in this, I'll check back with all of you in a month...

eh, fun factor really depends on the person ....i find COD4:MW boring after a month ...it was just running and gunning ...KZ2 so far it very impressive, where you have to work as a team ....COD people usually branch off and become a one man army
indifferent.gif

Assuming they don't do anything to improve the look sensitivity and gun strengths in this, I'll check back with all of you in a month...
It's better this way. That's what an FPS should be. It tests whether you can aim well consistently at a moving object. In COD4, only yourfirst shot needs to be on point, that's all.
Two bullets one kill in COD4.
laugh.gif
It's fun but it's utterly ridiculous.

KZ2 reminds me of Frontlines sans vehicles and aircraft (play it on PC). It seems that they did rip a few concepts from that game.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

indifferent.gif

It's better this way. That's what an FPS should be. It tests whether you can aim well consistently at a moving object. In COD4, only your first shot needs to be on point, that's all.
Two bullets one kill in COD4.
laugh.gif
It's fun but it's utterly ridiculous.

KZ2 reminds me of Frontlines sans vehicles and aircraft (play it on PC). It seems that they did rip a few concepts from that game.

there a minor patch coming soon ...got this from the Offical Playstation website....dude posted supposely a programmer from GG...

[table][tr][td]
Hi folks,

Boost

we've identified and fixed the bug to do with the boost medal not being awarded. It will go into a patch we are working on at present, but there is a workaround in the mean time to get it. Simply ensure that you are the Game Creator rather than client and you'll be awarded it.

Network Errors/Honor Ranks

We are also looking at fixing a good bunch of the network errors and are looking into the complaints about the Honor Ranks as well as a couple of other bits and pieces. We'll provide a list of fixes when we are close to releasing the patch.

Bots

We're working on a permanent solution for the bots stat padding and have some internal solutions that we're going to work on implementing. We'll let you know what those are when we've got the patch together and the solution implemented.

We will NOT be wiping ALL stats and padders will be looked at individually by the moderators.

www.kz.com

www.killzone.com is being sorted out today to deal with the massive traffic its been facing and hope to have some long-term solutions in place shortly.

The stats are currently empty on the site and will be repopulated today.

Controller Issues

We have not stopped looking into the complaints and will see what we can do about it. Any possible changes will have to be carefully implemented and tested before being deployed though.

Charge disarming

We have identified the issue where sometimes the C4 charge in Search and Destroy will not disarm. Will be fixed with the next update.

Shotgun Aim Assist

Investigating the problem and will patch it up.

Clan Games

Sometimes the clan that does not turn up for a match is awarded the win under specific circumstances. Will be patched ASAP.

Battle Replay for Map 8 - Corinth Crossing

The BR on www.killzone.com is not quite right and will be fixed soon.

Ignore list

Was found not to be functioning correctly. Will be fixed in the next patch.

Crashes

Crash when using Saboteur disguise in certain situations. Will be fixed in the next patch.

Infrequent crash when trying to start a game with an empty game name. Will be fixed soon.

Medic/Assassination

There is an issue with the Assassination target HUD icon displaying when playing as a Medic. Investigating and will be fixed.

Thanks and apologies if I am not responding to all questions, PMs and threads. There are simply not enough hours in the day to help all of you out and I have to work on the issues themselves. So please stay calm and sensible and everything will get fixed up soon. As you can see we've fixed up a bunch of the problems you have encountered as well as a couple more you might not be aware of. The important thing is to be patient. Any patches have to be carefully implement to ensure that no additional issues are introduced.

Seb

Message Edited by motherh666 on 03-02-2009 03:40 PM

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games
[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
Kudos! Thanks! [/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=217956

(To wawa) In hardcore maybe.

With the sub-machine guns they have what... 2, maybe 3 choices? one is exponentially faster, stronger, and more accurate than the other. That's flawed ifyou ask me.

Network Errors/Honor Ranks

We are also looking at fixing a good bunch of the network errors and are looking into the complaints about the Honor Ranks as well as a couple of other bits and pieces. We'll provide a list of fixes when we are close to releasing the patch.

Hopefully.

I know I was in the top 1 percent...
ohwell.gif
so was Ikon, Dmasta, JDIDDS, anda few others.

NT room this evening? Let me know. Lets get a pistols only match going again.
laugh.gif

when you guys get face to face with someone do you aim, or spray them with bullets. also is there any ammo boxes online i lose ammo after i kill four people

Back
Top Bottom