THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
IMO the demand for the Details was a lot higher than the inspirations and perspectives.

These were the only ones that I wanted. I didn't make an attempt for any before today and won't be making an attempt for any after today.

Completely satisfied.

Didn't mean to bring the inevitable salt on release morning to the thread fellas. Usually pretty reserved on here. Just the fact that I felt like I was on top of it and there are so many success stories got me like ?? And smh at dudes comment... Block feature is on here for a reason, but that damn "+" sign is like a car wreck, even though I don't want to I end up looking :lol:

Enjoy your details fellas! Can't wait to see some pick-up shots.

My favorite part was my man didn't complain or pull his "daddy card" All he said was people are screaming put it in leg work and not everyone has the time.

Father's can't buy limited releases now :rofl:

My favorite part was my man didn't complain or pull his "daddy card" All he said was people are screaming put it in leg work and not everyone has the time.

Father's can't buy limited releases now
roll.gif
you didn't know? It's in Nike's policies. You can be Meg'd now for PWD. Purchasing While Daddy

Last edited:
Yeah its becoming absurd the amount of leg work you have to do to get most Kobes, Lebrons or KDs

You have to find time to go to the store during the one day that its doing a sweepstakes to enter it, then if you win the raffle you have to actually be free to answer the call or risk being skipped over. Then have you have only a 4 hour window to pick the shoe up on release day

Or you have to camp online which isn't that much of a successful method either :smh:

Last edited:
Hope I don't regret passing on these. Have to try the low I think they'll be better in person.

This dude Airman is absolutely distraught that the guy has work/kids and doesn't have the time to hit up different retail locations on RD. I still can't grasp the reason why he's so mad :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Last edited:
The standard 7 release had carbon fibre. I get what you're saying, a key design trait of most elite models are carbon fibre features over plastic, but what's happening here is that we're getting a model that's more expensive than the 8, but doesn't appear to have any improved tech to justify the price.

I'm just saying, if we're expected to shell out more for this model--compared to the 8, which has basically the exact same tech, minus flywire--it should either improve it's components or stabilize it's pricing. I know, Nike is Nike, but this is a reach.
Now, THAT, I Agree with you on. Wholeheartedly.

Nike's raising prices because they know they can, and it's BS because there's no real way they can justify anything.

The only new thing it's got going on is the Flywire underneath, but that's the biggest BS Gimmick in Sneakers right now.

The least they could've done was put a Zoom Bag in the Heel, but NO... they give us the Same Bottom-Out Easy Lunarlon as last year.

Zoom Bags cost them PENNIES, too. 
mean.gif

My good act of the week may have royally backfired on me this morning. Long story short went to FTL this morning to see if they had the Kobe's in person they did but only a size 13. I tried it on fit a little snug but I could work with it, rather have the 14. So dude behind me in love needed a 13 so instead of copping a size I really wasn't sold on I let homie get the 13. All the while I was in line online at FTL.com waiting to check out with the 14.

Dude even through me $50 bucks after for letting him get the last one. Timer went from 1 hr 30 min all the way down to 2 seconds and I got no longer available message. So no 13, no 14, nothing. My only hope is that one of the other FTLs around me have a 13 or 14 tomorrow. :smh:

My good act of the week may have royally backfired on me this morning. Long story short went to FTL this morning to see if they had the Kobe's in person they did but only a size 13. I tried it on fit a little snug but I could work with it, rather have the 14. So dude behind me in love needed a 13 so instead of copping a size I really wasn't sold on I let homie get the 13. All the while I was in line online at FTL.com waiting to check out with the 14.

Dude even through me $50 bucks after for letting him get the last one. Timer went from 1 hr 30 min all the way down to 2 seconds and I got no longer available message. So no 13, no 14, nothing. My only hope is that one of the other FTLs around me have a 13 or 14 tomorrow. :smh:

But u got $50 tho

Worst case scenario, take the $50 bucks and go to eBay. You'll be able to find a pair of size 14s for ~$300. Lower if you do a direct paypal transaction.

Not to mention that another NTer could oop you a 14, especially for being a good dude.

LOL ok. So because I'm a father I gotta stick to GRs? My fault didn't know I was neglecting my duties by trying to buy some Kobe's. but thanks for your insight since you know so much about my personal life. If this whole crusade to help people with their jeans doesn't work for you, you definitely have a future in parent counseling.

So you're whining because you couldn't get a sneaker easily and are using your kid as an excuse?

You might want to pick a new hobby then.

The game is the game.

These things are just flames in person...was able to grab with ease. And was able to grab the tech challenge II's on my phone while in line :pimp:

Today was a good day

Review is average, but the video has some great macro shots. Put your settings to HD and it'll be the closest thing to having these in hand, without actually holding them. 

Back
Top Bottom