THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
After looking at pics of the IX many times over...

I have no clue how I feel about the high.

Can't decide if I hate it or love it.

Good thing is I have months to decide.

Great job on that PS btw, that's exactly what I wanted to see when I heard they were using flyknit.

so after watching all the videos and reading about the shoe.........would i be wrong to say the high top is nothing more than a "show" and doesnt really do anything? just for looks?

so much better its ridiculous.

too bad the real lows will not be flyknit and also probably wont even be this low.  Nike really ****** the 9 up
these arent even that low... im think that'll be the height or slightly lower imo
remember the wear test sample, the first 9 pic leaked in this thread? that said "Kobe IX Low" on the tag.

i think the lows are not going to be anywhere near as low as the common lowtop. they will be called lows because they are lower than the atrocious hightop model

so after watching all the videos and reading about the shoe.........would i be wrong to say the high top is nothing more than a "show" and doesnt really do anything? just for looks?
It's there to give the brain the perception that it is protected. Gives you peace of mind. 

When in reality, it performs like a low with a really thick sock

remember the wear test sample, the first 9 pic leaked in this thread? that said "Kobe IX Low" on the tag.

i think the lows are not going to be anywhere near as low as the common lowtop. they will be called lows because they are lower than the atrocious hightop model
agree with you about that... always said they were like a mid/ low wonder how the height of the "lows" would compare next to the kobe IVs.

It's there to give the brain the perception that it is protected. Gives you peace of mind. 

When in reality, it performs like a low with a really thick sock
oh so they made it look ridiculous without actually serving a purpose.  thats awesome stuff Nike. 
mean.gif

People are forgetting that these are the Elite Highs. Not the regular version. Most people rarely purchase elite shoes to begin with so....

Yea but its like unofficially confirmed that herringbone is the GOAT traction so like why not use it all the time?
I think I read somewhere that the shoe is suppose to mock the way Kobe's foot presses on the floor or something like that. Perhaps their reasoning is that it's more "natural". Why brands don't simply use herringbone all the time confuses me, it's what I'd want on my shoe, but then again I'm not a signature athlete...

I think I read somewhere that the shoe is suppose to mock the way Kobe's foot presses on the floor or something like that. Perhaps their reasoning is that it's more "natural". Why brands don't simply use herringbone all the time confuses me, it's what I'd want on my shoe, but then again I'm not a signature athlete...
I am worried that the traction might suck too,  but maybe he is going back to his roots from his original shoe (Adidas) sorta like "FEET YOU WEAR"   though, there is some herringbone on the adidas model, the traction was just okay.  just a thought.

Last edited:
People are forgetting that these are the Elite Highs. Not the regular version. Most people rarely purchase elite shoes to begin with so....

It's just a next to meaningless tag, esp at this point. They are pushing these as the main version, judging by the way the event was centered around it and the press release they sent out for it.

I absolutely hate Garys crooked smile..

THEBALLER

U are tryin to show out for real..

Gimme those Xmas johns too..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom