THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
^ i'm with lava on this one. what's next? nike's gonna name the lebron XIIs "the best shoe ever" and we're just going to agree? the 9s are nice. i will buy a pair or two (or four, or eight, whatever...) but let us (and time) decide whether or not they're a masterpiece.

Would y'all rather of named them after his favorite toy or soda like they do the other shoes? It's a figure a speech not a statement.

I'm also a little confused about the name/marketing. Between the name and the prelude pack, it seems like they set up this campaign as if this were his last season and sig shoe. Based on him signing the extension, that obviously won't be the case. If they didn't wait until the end of his career to do this, maybe it's because they're planning on making sigs after he retires. I'll guess we'll see in a few years.

I'm also a little confused about the name/marketing. Between the name and the prelude pack, it seems like they set up this campaign as if this were his last season and sig shoe. Based on him signing the extension, that obviously won't be the case. If they didn't wait until the end of his career to do this, maybe it's because they're planning on making sigs after he retires. I'll guess we'll see in a few years.

My guess is that they didn't know if he was going to resign or not and they plan these things far in advance. Could also just be a cash grab for nike (most likely). Could also be testing the waters for future retros

My guess is that they didn't know if he was going to resign or not and they plan these things far in advance. Could also just be a cash grab for nike (most likely). Could also be testing the waters for future retros
i thought the same thing, with adidas jumping on board with the crazy 1 releasing too...

I've said this before, but I'm sure Nike just delayed the 9 until a time they knew Kobe would be back from injury (mid-season being a safe bet). Then they decided to fill the time with the prelude line to keep up hype and grab some cash.

adidas' sad ***** just decided to piggyback, I'd guess.

I've said this before, but I'm sure Nike just delayed the 9 until a time they knew Kobe would be back from injury (mid-season being a safe bet). Then they decided to fill the time with the prelude line to keep up hype and grab some cash.

adidas' sad ***** just decided to piggyback, I'd guess.
Rerelease of Crazy 8s again along side a Nightmare before x mas version, and don't forget reebok and packer making those kobe 8 iversons. lol

Year of the Kobe has just begun.... 

I don't think adidas ever really stops with the Kobe retroes, they've been coming out all year. I think Kobe is still their big money maker :lol:

The Nightmare Before X-Mas Crazy 8's are definitely suspect though. They even have last year's date on them I think. They just pushed them out to capitalize on Kobe's return

Last edited:
I don't think adidas ever really stops with the Kobe retroes, they've been coming out all year. I think Kobe is still their big money maker
laugh.gif

The Nightmare Before X-Mas Crazy 8's are definitely suspect though. They even have last year's date on them I think. They just pushed them out to capitalize on Kobe's return
Hella suspect to me, but i am probably "reaching" 
laugh.gif

They probably had the release of the Crazy 1's planned (since they've been heavy on the 98's and 97's) but they saw the opportunity to get in on the fun Nike's been having

Not a big deal though, just think it's funny
Nike & Adidas probably both just saw the opportunity to cash in on Kobe kicks. As much as I hate to say it...He's officially on his last leg, they might as well push out all his retros while they can

if they pushed out retro's at OG prices, i, and many others, would get them.

zk4 @ $120 (ID @ $140)
zk5 @ $130 (ID @ $165)

:smokin

honestly, if they put the zk4/5 back on nikeid with a $20 hike, i wouldn't even be mad

Any word on if these will even be hitting NikeID in the high top form?

Haven't been following the thread but I'd imagine it would be a fairly high price point if in fact they do go up for customization...

Those are the Engineered Mesh Lows...$160

There will also be a Flyknit Low...$200

JM
Some of THEE Worst News/Confirmation, yet. 
sick.gif

Those are MIDS... Nothing "Low" about that Sample. At All.

Maybe the Release Version will be lower, though... if not, I'm saving mad dough, so no worries.

So in essence we are looking at three versions of this shoe
-Engineered Mesh Lows...$160
-Flyknit Low...$200
-Elite Highs..$225

If that is incorrect please someone fill me in...

Back
Top Bottom