THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
All son had to do was cover the top portion and the tongue with his jeans and all would've been well, but once again, he was most likely trying to show the whole shoe in the picture.

I'm telling y'all these wouldook amazing with slim fit jeans covering the tongue. He didn't rock them right

I own about 15 pairs of shorts and 1 Pair of jeans along side a heavy rotation of kicks if that shows how useless to me jeans are with any sneaker. To each their own....

They look absolutely HORRENDOUS from the Ankle up, right here. :x

Yall Cats gotta quit w/ the Hipster Doofus Look, bruh. LOL

They could look pretty solid if you let the pants cover the top portion... but it's just ridiculous for casual wear, otherwise.

Everybody's always Mad Quick to mention when a Competing Brand Bites off of Nike, but when it's relatively clear that Swoosh is biting (UA)..... *CRICKETS*

Brand Loyalty at its finest, I guess. :rolleyes

Couldnt agree more.

They look absolutely HORRENDOUS from the Ankle up, right here. :x

Yall Cats gotta quit w/ the Hipster Doofus Look, bruh. LOL

They could look pretty solid if you let the pants cover the top portion... but it's just ridiculous for casual wear, otherwise.

Everybody's always Mad Quick to mention when a Competing Brand Bites off of Nike, but when it's relatively clear that Swoosh is biting (UA)..... *CRICKETS*

Brand Loyalty at its finest, I guess. :rolleyes

It's not like Nike saw the UA Charge and was given the idea that way. Shoes have been in development for a while so it's not fair to say they're biting UA at all. The difference with the Charge is that shoe was a horrible, horrible performer. Granted, we can't say that this shoe will be a masterpiece on court but based on the tech we have seen in the past it seems it will be.

If Nike got this idea from UA then UA got the idea from the McFlys. It doesn't matter in the end who sparked the inspiration for a certain type of shoe but who executes it best. Nike usually does.

It's not like Nike saw the UA Charge and was given the idea that way. Shoes have been in development for a while so it's not fair to say they're biting UA at all. The difference with the Charge is that shoe was a horrible, horrible performer. Granted, we can't say that this shoe will be a masterpiece on court but based on the tech we have seen in the past it seems it will be.
Oh yea, I understand bro.

I wasn't meaning "biting" in the most Profound of ways... it was more so meaning, just Aesthetic-wise. I actually have no problem with it, but I can't stand the hypocrites that will dogg out the other brands, when in actuality THEY ALL Bite from each other in one way or another.

I've had the privilege of working in the industry for some of these competing brands, so I've personally developed a heavy disdain for "blind-brand loyalty"...and I see it all the time, so that's why I call it out. 
grin.gif

Oh yea, I understand bro.

I wasn't meaning "biting" in the most Profound of ways... it was more so meaning, just Aesthetic-wise. I actually have no problem with it, but I can't stand the hypocrites that will dogg out the other brands, when in actuality THEY ALL Bite from each other in one way or another.

I've had the privilege of working in the industry for some of these competing brands, so I've personally developed a heavy disdain for "blind-brand loyalty"...and I see it all the time, so that's why I call it out. >D

Yeah there's a lot of people who don't look at other brands and are blinded by the swoosh. That's on them to think that Nike is the only one putting out quality.

These 9s probably won't change the industry the way the Kobe IV did. I mean lowtops have been around forever, but that single shoe made everyone start thinking it is legit. I don't see the super high route being adopted throughout signature lines and shoes being pushed to wrap the foot that way.

I can't blame Avar and Kobe for wanting to go in a totally new direction, because I feel they basically maxed out what they could do with a lowtop. You can't keep getting "lower" and "lighter" or you'll be wearing rainbows. :lol:

It's funny to me that they try to innovate and take heat, but if they did another lowtop it would be "Nike is stale! No innovation!" But when they do this it's "gimmicks" :smh:

Last edited:
While you secondhanders are busy debating over what to rock these with when these drop Imma be rocking these wit da slim jeans and the tongue out just like that pic that was posted. Thats the best look for these :pimp:

Because it's an award...

Why should it any award be based on popularity?

The pro-bowl is even more pointless but making the team and starting is still considered an accomplishment in that players career.

This man speaks the truth. And YES, Harden and Curry are both better than Kobe right now. It's not even much of a question really.

Who cares what they look like casually. Primarily for ball, all that should matter before purchasing.

Some people aren't going to spend $225 just to beat up a pair of shoes on the court, myself included. I would much rather just use my 2k4s and Vs which I copped on the low for

This man speaks the truth. And YES, Harden and Curry are both better than Kobe right now. It's not even much of a question really.
Kobe 100% healthy is better than both of them combined. You guys are in the small minority who would want to see those 2 over Kobe. If the game was chosen strictly off 1st half stats it would be the worst all-STAR game ever.

These need not to be rocked casually

Same was said about EVERY **** jordan back in the day. Some of you really forgot where you came from.

Scared of what people might think but then go dress like steve urkel or buy jeans that look like leggings....

I specifically remember the haters back in the day saying you couldnt rock the jordan vi, vii, viii, xi, and xii...and they only looked right playing ball...

All it made me think was dudes was straight hating and jealous that dudes were rocking them casually or they had a large stick up their ***...

If these or any other shoes werent made to be rocked casually nike or any other brand would not release to the general public.

Period.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom