THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Thanks.  Yea, I like the red laces better because of the details in them.
Really bringing it with the pics as usual.

Can't wait to see Kobe rock these in a game.  When that happens it will be GAME OVER!!!

Can't believe people are passing on these. Moonwalkers are straight
smokin.gif

So what's the sizing on these fk lows for the cats who copped the grapes in store. I asked in the id thread also cause I'm buggin bout it. I'm wonderin cause i wear 7.5 in highs and ems with little to no wiggle room and nice snug fit which is perfect for my liking ,which is half down from my tts. Kobe 8s I wore size 8 tts which fit perfect, same as half down in the 9's, I ordered a 7.5 in the mc id's and copped the grapes in an 8 since that was the smallest size for preorder, saw someone say that these are smaller and snugger than the ems which is surprising, would've thought fklows would be in between highs and em sizing. Hoping the mc id's aren't too small goin half size down, rather have my grapes be a little big than the id's be too small since they took that joint down.

I only wear Kobe's casually so I prefer to have a little wiggle room in the toebox. I also have wide/flat feet. I wear a size 10.5 in the Kobe 8 and Kobe 9 EM (I don't own any Elite High's). The 9 EM's are slightly longer compared to the 8's, but just slightly imo. I just tried on both the 9 EM and the 9 FK Low together. Both are the same in terms of length. I have a half of an inch of wiggle room in the toebox in both. Due to the extra padding/cushioning and the combination of FK plus fuse in the upper, the FK Low's fit a little more snug compared to the 9 EM. If I purchased the 9 EM's and FK low's to hoop in (or for a more snug fit), then I would have gone with my true size, which is a size 10. So IMO both the 9 EM and 9 FK Low fit the same in terms of length, but the FK Low's are slightly more snug not smaller.

Definitely cool day when the thread is filled with happy people.
I don't think there has been a disgruntled person posting about how ****** the sites were or how there are hoards of people camped.
Looking like people who really wanted got them. People who kinda wanted got them. People even had a chance to try them on at stores.
I know I posted early about this, but damn, it is a good day for most if not all.

These definitely are more snug than than the other 9's, highs and em's. Went back to HOH to try and get a 12.5 and go half size up but sold out. Put my kobe 8 insole in the hyper grapes and they feel a lot better little more room everywhere. Once the insole breaks in some, it might be a little better.

Last edited:
your ink Vs are almost as destroyed as mine :lol:

used them as outdoor ball shoes and beaters after

love those shoes, was so happy to cop at the outlet back when

Was my main outdoor ball shoe, and now my gym rotation shoe. I feel you, got mine 49.99 in Vegas outlet, best / dollar cop I ever had. Haha

My HOH said this was a Limited GR. Sounds like a perfect balance of just enough released + just enough interest from the thread.

Picked up the Hyper Grapes at local Champs this evening. No hype for them here in Ohio.

I almost passed on them even, they are nice and unique, but kind of boring at the same time. I think I will do a lace swap to grey/silver laces.

I also noticed that they fit a little snug, insole swap with my 8's should do the trick.

Last edited:
If you own the moon walkers and any kobe elite hi, how does the Size compare?

I have a 9.5 in the MP's and they fit bigger than I like so I ordered a size 9 in the kobe fk ID's. I hope I didn't screw myself but I'll know for sure on Wednesday or Thursday.

These definitely are more snug than than the other 9's, highs and em's. Went back to HOH to try and get a 12.5 and go half size up but sold out. Put my kobe 8 insole in the hyper grapes and they feel a lot better little more room everywhere. Once the insole breaks in some, it might be a little better.

Would be great to cop a 12.5 for a bit of extra space. But they don't release 12.5s in store do they? I haven't seen it from Nike before. Have seen it online for FTL & Co. sometimes.

If you own the moon walkers and any kobe elite hi, how does the Size compare?

I have a 9.5 in the MP's and they fit bigger than I like so I ordered a size 9 in the kobe fk ID's. I hope I didn't screw myself but I'll know for sure on Wednesday or Thursday.

I have some highs and now these moonwalkers, my size 13 highs fit loose (I usually put in the lebron xi insoles), and these size 13 lows fit snug. Not sure what the difference is, you'd think they would be similar, but they are quite different.

It was an easy pick up for me, but I forgot to use my VIP coupon, but oh well. I'll end up picking up some shorts or something. I was happy Footlocker opened early and I could go in and out and not wait the 30 mins I had intended to.

IMO the purple laces look better than black, because there's not enough black on the upper.

I was wondering why the tongue was white and not silver. It's a little odd to me, but no biggie.

I have my Kobe Moonwalkers and the Laces feel different than the ones in the highs. Does anyone know if their different or if its just me? They almost feel stretchy.

Yeah I agree with this. I think I could have gone even a full size up. I don't consider myself wide footed but certainly not narrow, and I wear thin socks casually. I like them a lot. I was tempted by the fk ids but the sole on this one was too cool to pass up. Glad it seemed to bhe a fairly easy cop for everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom