THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Just going off you tube reviews most of them say go half size up. Don't know haven't seen or tried one on yet. But if I do cop online i'm going half size up.
Good advice. 

I purchased on RD on Saturday.
I'm usually a size 9.5, so I should have prob gotten at size 10. although, for the high elites I had to get a size 9, so i figured 9.5 would be good, but its pretty tight,  not sure if I want to risk wearing it like that to find out my feet will be uncomfy/over time. 

I have been looking for the Philippines since release date for a decent price and nobody is willing to take 220-250 shipped.
$215? Good luck with THAT.
Just wanted to say thanks to KFK for asking the question and spoon for the sarcastic comment.

Second pair came in yesterday completely deadstock. Didn't even look like taken out of the box and had FL receipt. Nice to have my 2 pair.

If anyone is on the fence. These are a must cop.

Sadly im just using the cleaner from footlocker and a tooth brush. It seems to get the surface dirt out but with these em's it seems dirt really gets down in there.

I dont expect the shoes to look perfect after balling in them for a while but i really want to make sure i can make them look as nice as possible. BL may be the only em colorway i would consider doubling up on.
Definitely invest in Jason Markk or Shoe Mgk Cleaner. I live by that stuff. The brush works a lot better than a tooth brush and the bristles are very soft so you don't have to worry about it damaging the EM.

Purple lows fit me too small, went tts.

My nikeid order on the MC FK's will fit too snug too, terrible :nerd:

I need a Hollywood Nights/ Amnesty FK low with strands of purple mixed in with the black FK upper... You can only do so much with Nike ID

Last edited:
I've been reading a lot about the sizing issues on the FK lows here and I have an theory on it.  I wear size 8.5 in the Kobe 8 and a size 8 in the Elite Highs.  I have an 8.5 and a 9 in the hyper grapes.  I bought the size 9 because the size 8.5 felt too snug.  I loosened all the laces and still felt too tight.    The size 8.5 could possibly fit, but the biggest factor is the padding around the ankle of the shoe.  The padding pushes my foot forward into the toe box which is the reason why a lot of people complain that the pinky toe is kinda getting squeezed.  The padding around the ankle pushes your foot forward and the pinky toe gets the squeeze in the toe box.  In the Elite highs, there is not as much padding around the ankle area.  So, the foot doesn't get pushed forward as much which allows for empty toe box space.  If you have really skinny ankles like Kobe, this would not be an issue for you.

In the size 9 hyper grape, the padding is not as thick as the one I got in 8.5.  I think that if I got an 8.5 with less ankle padding, it would fit great, but I didn't.  So, I bought the size 9, but it has a little too much space in the toe box.  So, I either need an 8.5 with less ankle padding or I need a 9 with more ankle padding.  the variation in stuffing the padding is what creates the confusion in sizing for everyone.  To me, this is a quality issue for the shoes.

Anyhow, I love the look of the shoe.  Disappointed about the sizing issues and the inconsistency of the stuffing/padding around the ankle.  It is a $200 shoe and I expect shoes to fit well if I spend $200.  I hope everyone else at least got to try on a pair before ordering from NikeID.  If not, we might be seeing a lot of returned IDs at the outlets.

I've been reading a lot about the sizing issues on the FK lows here and I have an theory on it.  I wear size 8.5 in the Kobe 8 and a size 8 in the Elite Highs.  I have an 8.5 and a 9 in the hyper grapes.  I bought the size 9 because the size 8.5 felt too snug.  I loosened all the laces and still felt too tight.    The size 8.5 could possibly fit, but the biggest factor is the padding around the ankle of the shoe.  The padding pushes my foot forward into the toe box which is the reason why a lot of people complain that the pinky toe is kinda getting squeezed.  The padding around the ankle pushes your foot forward and the pinky toe gets the squeeze in the toe box.  In the Elite highs, there is not as much padding around the ankle area.  So, the foot doesn't get pushed forward as much which allows for empty toe box space.  If you have really skinny ankles like Kobe, this would not be an issue for you.

In the size 9 hyper grape, the padding is not as thick as the one I got in 8.5.  I think that if I got an 8.5 with less ankle padding, it would fit great, but I didn't.  So, I bought the size 9, but it has a little too much space in the toe box.  So, I either need an 8.5 with less ankle padding or I need a 9 with more ankle padding.  the variation in stuffing the padding is what creates the confusion in sizing for everyone.  To me, this is a quality issue for the shoes.

Anyhow, I love the look of the shoe.  Disappointed about the sizing issues and the inconsistency of the stuffing/padding around the ankle.  It is a $200 shoe and I expect shoes to fit well if I spend $200.  I hope everyone else at least got to try on a pair before ordering from NikeID.  If not, we might be seeing a lot of returned IDs at the outlets.
Thanks for the analysis, so in the end did you go with size 8.5 or 9? Overall consensus right now is TTS fits but is a little snug, don't know much about the Kobe 9 FK but will it stretch and break in a little over time? 

So i got my moonwalkers. love them, but there is excess glue ******* everywhere.
mean.gif
 Nike

what can i use to get glue off of the midsole, swoosh, tongue without messing the shoe up?

Last edited:

Thanks for the analysis, so in the end did you go with size 8.5 or 9? Overall consensus right now is TTS fits but is a little snug, don't know much about the Kobe 9 FK but will it stretch and break in a little over time? 
I still have both 8.5 and 9.  I think i will be keeping the size 9.  I don't think the FK will stretch.  The material underneath is very stiff.  If the material it is glued to won't stretch, then the FK won't stretch either... BUT the padding will wear down and compress around the ankles and anywhere else.  So, you can expect it to break in, but the size 8.5 squeeze my feet too much for me to wait for a break-in.  So, I'll return the size 8.5.

Yep, they told me the same thing.

foot action got that joke policy of having physical vip card even though their website allows me to print out.
champs just saying no to bday coupons. said bday are excluded from retro and that the futures are retros. irony in that alone bugs me.

I D s are owning the gr flyknits right now from what we have seen thus far. The MC are on another level but even the grey and blacks with all the options are killing it.

So i got my moonwalkers. love them, but there is excess glue ******* everywhere.
mean.gif
 Nike

what can i use to get glue off of the midsole, swoosh, tongue without messing the shoe up?
^Can anyone help me with this?  will rubbing alcohol work?

They should fit you well broheim.

Yes and he had a pair of Sparks because it's his shoe. But they never mass-produced a size 14. Biggest size in Asia was a US 13, and even those were rare.

My bad. In your post it said that none were made over 14, except for Kobe. Probably just a typo, had to make sure I and my facts straight.

Back
Top Bottom