THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
The medial side being white instead of like this is what got me more than the white swoosh. They still clean but gotta be more careful with that white side.
940x550q80.jpeg

@LA KB24 Can you get a shot of this angle? thanks
940x721q80.jpeg

Last edited:

are the ext's a lifestyle shoe or an actual mid cut bball?
Basically it's like the Lebron 10 Cork. All the features of the regular basketball shoes but with fancy materials (The corks got flywire, the full length zoom air max, and the plastic shank but was made out of leather and cork for the upper)

It really disappoints me that Nike dropped the ball with the Kobe 9 EXT with how different it looks.

Pretty sure the holes represent how the Kobe 9 Elite is made (Like the Maestro, with the black base and the white spots)

I conducted a little test just at home by lacing up and tightening each loop hole and comparing the MJs/moonwalkers to the EM lows. The flywire works like a charm on each loop hole on the Ems- you can feel it tightening on your foot with a little pull…On the flyknit, nope.  As we all knew the flyknit first generation bball shoe is a gimmick…it's not bad on the court but the EM is way better.  Now, the flyknits looks great but it just comes down to what you use the shoe for. I returned my hyper grapes because I have lots of fades, and the shoe just isn't imo anywhere near the performer the EM 9 is. To each their own but that's what I found. 

Good points. If they ever release the mc flyknit I'll ball in once to see what your talking about performance wise but I do love the EMs on the court.

^ good call. The II prelude I completely forgot, but like you said closest is the I and that was like a full built in piece with the upper. 

I need to see Beethovens in person, the shade of the grey will be my deciding factor. The medial is fire, the lateral is the closer.

The medial side being white instead of like this is what got me more than the white swoosh. They still clean but gotta be more careful with that white side.
I keep reading about the white and FK getting dirty. My FK's stay so clean indoor and outdoor even getting stepped on, and all I need is a towel w hot water and I wipe the soles off. I will also say most of mine are darker in color and have never owned lighter FK.

You think the lighter shades of FK (again what Nike calls FK on these) will easily get dirty AND also be harder to clean? serious question ....

I think the mid's can be used to ball in. I prefer leather b-ball shoes to EM in all honesty.  I been using the Cp3 VII's  in the Black bel air color way because that one used leather and it has been awesome to play in. (especially outdoor) About highs versus lows, I prefer lows for range of motion and I never have sprained my ankle. 

The whole argument is really subjective. I say play in what you like, I got strong ankles, and legs. 

It doesn't matter for position either as some have stated. There are plenty of bigs who play in lows, and then there are points that play in high tops. Some need them more than others *Cough* Curry.. 

My preference for a ball shoe is 1. traction, 2. materials, and 3. comfort. 

Like others have mentioned...I hope Nike utilizes the flyknit to make some cool colors. All purple...all red...mostly white. "C'mon Nyke!"

Back
Top Bottom