THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
View media item 1169761View media item 1169762View media item 1169763View media item 1169764View media item 1169765View media item 1169766

Unds my first & only Kobe IX after a month of thinking of reselling or keeping.. decided to just bust em out somewhat goes with my 49ers gear ...

Quick story , Picked up my ferraris and on my way to the counter one of the employees asked to trade me his 14 ferraris and I'm like "nah I won a raffle B"
Come to think of it now I should've hit him with the "if you can get me the what the lebrons next week"

Last edited:
Unds my first & only Kobe IX after a month of thinking of reselling or keeping.. decided to just bust em out somewhat goes with my 49ers gear ...

Quick story , Picked up my ferraris and on my way to the counter one of the employees asked to trade me his 14 ferraris and I'm like "nah I won a raffle B"
Come to think of it now I should've hit him with the "if you can get me the what the lebrons next week"
Nice man. I have the same exact Kobe IX elites and have been thinking if I should keep them or resell them to either get a kobe IX elite low ID or the black kobe IX elite high coming out by the end of this month to ball with.

Nice man. I have the same exact Kobe IX elites and have been thinking if I should keep them or resell them to either get a kobe IX elite low ID or the black kobe IX elite high coming out by the end of this month to ball with.
Do it fams I guarantee you u will not regret it... I paid 275 for mines which is why i wanted to resell but after wearing them today I'm so glad I kept them and I was pretty bummed about not getting the mc id but these babies cured me.. I can go as far as saying that these May be my one and only kobe ix I need

Do it fams I guarantee you u will not regret it... I paid 275 for mines which is why i wanted to resell but after wearing them today I'm so glad I kept them and I was pretty bummed about not getting the mc id but these babies cured me.. I can go as far as saying that these May be my one and only kobe ix I need
Yeah, they look so amazing in person too that's why I am just thinking of keeping them instead and maybe grab another kobe 9 elite ID low for ball too. Also, I got mine for $200 DS which is not bad at all haha. Though, I was fortunate to be able to get the MC kobe IDs haha.  These are my second favorite elite highs after MP. But I am curious about that black kobe 9 elite highs coming out at the end of the month though.

Last edited:
well those red flyknits could represent "beat it" and "thriller"
I was just about to say the Red low is the Thriller Jacket. No one said he had to do only one of MJ. The Moonwalk move and Thriller Jacket/Video are iconic. 
I'd like to see Nike call these Kobe 9 Elite Low "Thriller". (Looks like the Speckles represent the Girl's jacket, lol)

Nike only named one relating to music, which is Beethoven. The other two have color names, and i'm guessing because if they use anything having to deal with MJ, there might be licensing or copyright payouts that Nike would rather avoid.

"The Kobe 9 Elite Low ‘University Red’ is linked to pop music"
Frack it, THIS is the clue! Who else in Pop is linked to red & iconic? MJ, baby!
Thriller, they just can't mention him. 

Last edited:
I was just about to say the Red low is the Thriller Jacket. No one said he had to do only one of MJ. The Moonwalk move and Thriller Jacket/Video are iconic. 

I'd like to see Nike call these Kobe 9 Elite Low "Thriller". (Looks like the Speckles represent the Girl's jacket, lol)

Nike only named one relating to music, which is Beethoven. The other two have color names, and i'm guessing because if they use anything having to deal with MJ, there might be licensing or copyright payouts that Nike would rather avoid.

View media item 1169792

View media item 1169791

Frack it, THIS is the clue! Who else in Pop is linked to red & iconic? MJ, baby!

Good point.. If they do make it it will push me over the edge of purchasing them

Just got the Pop Arts this week. Not sure how I feel about them after I had them on feet. The top view doesn't look so hot. But the side view on feet is dope. So sad. I really like them a lot more before I put them on feet.

Lets go home Micheal you read all the comments
laugh.gif

Good point.. If they do make it it will push me over the edge of purchasing them
I feel you. I'm gonna get em regardless, I was creating an all red option iD with white & black to rep my countries colors, but this will do.

"The Kobe 9 Elite Low ‘University Red’ is linked to pop music and its ability to transcend the decades, with artists, songs and dance moves that stand the test of time."

Honestly, I don't know anyone else in Pop music that this line speaks to. Got to be the King.

Second line from "Thriller":

"Under the moonlight you see a sight that almost stops your heart"

Glow in the dark swoosh/speckles laces = moonlight?

View media item 1169792

View media item 1169791

Way back in the thread I said the same thing. These Kobe's remind me of Thriller. I think THIS is the MJ one myself.

The green could represent when he turns into the zombie in the video.

Last edited:
Give us 'Billy Jeans' next...with light up soles everytime you step :lol:

All Nike had to do was match the Purple FK upper with the black sole (and called it Purple Rains)

Match the upcoming Red FK upper with the "Moonwalker" sole (Thrillers)

Beethovens... kept the original colorway (one black/one white swoosh, to resemble piano keys)

Musical Inspiration pack complete.

All Nike had to do was match the Purple FK upper with the black sole (and called it Purple Rains)

Match the upcoming Red FK upper with the "Moonwalker" sole (Thrillers)

Beethovens... kept the original colorway (one black/one white swoosh, to resemble piano keys)

Musical Inspiration pack complete.
I was actually thinking the Hyper Grape was Prince "Purple Rain", but the sole threw it off. However, Prince starred in, and directed a musical drama film
called "Under the Cherry Moon".
I have a Nike consumer affairs manager looking into the significance for me on why the red & purple has no direct linkage when the white/black does.

The Beethoven is already a dope shoe, nothing needs to change, the entire sneaker is black & white to symbolize key notes and keys.

Last edited:
I wish somebody behind the scenes would set the record straight. I'd like to know the story behind the purple and the red pair like the Beethoven's.

Literally created an account just to post this. I have the team elite highs and MW & BT and I think all the lows are for Michael Jackson. Moonwalks are obvious, the Reds are the thriller jackets and the BTs are not for Beethoven but for MJs Black or White song. I agree that they couldn't go all out for fear of licensing issues.

Edit:
Also if you're wondering why the green speckles just remember the song/video, bro was a zombie and what color says zombie better than blood spattered Ectoplasm Green.

Last edited:
Literally created an account just to post this. I have the team elite highs and MW & BT and I think all the lows are for Michael Jackson. Moonwalks are obvious, the Reds are the thriller jackets and the BTs are not for Beethoven but for MJs Black or White song. I agree that they couldn't go all out for fear of licensing issues.

Edit:
Also if you're wondering why the green speckles just remember the song/video, bro was a zombie and what color says zombie better than blood spattered Ectoplasm Green.
Nahh Bruh, Beethoven is just what it says, not MJ. The back story is his love for music, not one music icon. They're not gonna write dis up for no reason.

According to sources (Chris Broussard) the Kobe 9 China's represent Kobe's dunk over Yao Ming.

Back
Top Bottom