THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Pretty sure they'd do anything to avoid a lawsuit, including writing one paragraph on a website. Just my opinion though, completely open to being wrong.
It is indeed a possibility. I mentioned the possible payout earlier if they used his name.  If the Beethoven were in relation to him as well, why not stay consistent with all 3 models and their naming convention? Consistency is key. Maybe it matters to me because i'm in the creative industry.

It is indeed a possibility. I mentioned the possible payout earlier if they used his name.  If the Beethoven were in relation to him as well, why not stay consistent with all 3 models and their naming convention? Consistency is key. Maybe it matters to me because i'm in the creative industry.

Consistency costs in this case, and Nike isn't about to share.

On another note is there any news on when the Kobe X are coming and if there will be more Elite Highs?

Consistency costs in this case, and Nike isn't about to share.

On another note is there any news on when the Kobe X are coming and if there will be more Elite Highs?
The consistency I was talking about was the naming convention. Instead of Beethoven, they could of named it a color like the rest, that's free, haha.
The Kobe 10, I have no idea what's in store. Something may pop up soon, i'm very curious to see how they'll improve in the design of the 9.
I'm not a big fan of the highs. I only like the MP and Nola versions. 

Kobe mentioning Beethoven & Michael Jackson in an interview. 5:51 mark. Don't think Nike would market them as "the Beethoven" without Kobe's consent.  

Yeah that's where I heard the small back story on the models having relation to MJ, Beethoven, etc. Wish He said Prince too, that would of sold the grapes, haha.

Do you guys actually care about the story behind the shoe? I've never cared about that.
Design catches my eye first, but if there's a story, i'd like to hear it. So you've never cared about any J's that were worn by Jordan in any championship, etc.? 

Design catches my eye first, but if there's a story, i'd like to hear it. So you've never cared about any J's that were worn by Jordan in any championship, etc.? 

Well I hate Jordan's so never cared about those. Shoes Kobe wears during pivotal games/plays like Kobe 8 sulfurs are cool but these Nike created stories do nothing for me and are always such a reach IMO

That's not a story though... That would be fact that Michael Jordan wore X shoe during X game(s).

These are stories made up simply to create hype and it's hilarious that people actually base their decisions to buy or not based off them.

Last edited:
That's not a story though... That would be fact that Michael Jordan wore X shoe during X game(s).

These are stories made up simply to create hype and it's hilarious that people actually base their decisions to buy or not based off them.

Bingo

Well I hate Jordan's so never cared about those. Shoes Kobe wears during pivotal games/plays like Kobe 8 sulfurs are cool but these Nike created stories do nothing for me and are always such a reach IMO
I feel you. Since it came from Kobe's mouth about what he wanted, I'd assume he had input instead of Nike primarily.

You are indeed correct. I was thinking of something like Flu games, it's a fact, but it can be a story as well.
My mind was already made up when I first saw the shoes though, it matches my country's colors of red, white and black. I don't go by stories, however, I do like to hear them to see if they made sense with the design.

Back
Top Bottom