THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

By that do you mean it's boring, but a solid colorway? I think less is more in some cases. People complain about colorways being too loud and want simpler colorways, but when colorways are simple, people say they're too boring. So which one is it?
Personal opinion. 

Gotta have both in the closet, but I like loud shoes . The best is when a shoe has a lot of details over GR's. That's what sticks out to me. When any shoe has special insoles, or labels, patches, wording, designs, logos out of the ordinary. Which they mostly only do on QS's/limited releases.

can't kobe wear something that was released,  all these PE  kobe 9 kinda bug.  I wanna cop what he wears on court.  kobe 8 was dope cuz he wore sulfurs and purple fades.   watching the outcome of the games isnt helping as well. 

can't kobe wear something that was released,  all these PE  kobe 9 kinda bug.  I wanna cop what he wears on court.  kobe 8 was dope cuz he wore sulfurs and purple fades.   watching the outcome of the games isnt helping as well. 
He's worn the Brave Blues recently but casually tho. 
happy.gif
 He can't really wear most that were released since they don't have the team colors on it besides the Showtimes. I'm assuming.

Didn't they advertise that Kobe would be wearing the inspirations when he came back. If I can find that add....im suing for false advertisement !!! lol jk just throw a few shoes my way and we can call it even.

The purple high tops look good to me. Probably wouldn't buy at this point but I do like em.

Weird. On TimeWarnerSports TV, the uniforms looked like Forum Blue and Kobe looked like he was rocking the Brave Blues. 

Last edited:
Those highs are the best 9 highs that I've seen. Simple but great. If they had a fade like the 8s they would be untouchable

Those johns that the Bean had on last night needed some yellow laces IMO

At least that's what I'd have done on 2k15

Already have the pythons and those look Nike those. Gotta see more pics but as for now pass for retail

Brave Blues are by far my most favorite colorway to date.  Can't get enough of the highs for hooping in.  

Really hoping the rumors are false about the Kobe X ditching the full length lunarlon midsole setup.

Brave Blues are by far my most favorite colorway to date.  Can't get enough of the highs for hooping in.  

Really hoping the rumors are false about the Kobe X ditching the full length lunarlon midsole setup.

why? lunarlon sucks.

what is it rumoured to be? last i heard was air max in the heel

why? lunarlon sucks.

What sucks for you doesn't suck for me.  Loved lunarlon in the 8 for hoops, and even more so with the 9.  Can't make everyone happy though.

What I read on the X rumors is some sort of Air, zoom, or max zoom in the back and lunarlon in the forefoot.  Supposedly visible zoom air or max zoom like the KD 7.  Again, all rumors.

Last edited:
why? lunarlon sucks.

What sucks for you doesn't suck for me.  Loved lunarlon in the 8 for hoops, and even more so with the 9.  Can't make everyone happy though.

What I read on the X rumors is some sort of Air, zoom, or max zoom in the back and lunarlon in the forefoot.  Supposedly visible zoom air or max zoom like the KD 7.  Again, all rumors.

I guess you either dont ball enough or don't ball hard enough.

The lunar flattens over time and becomes less responsive. It's not only me but many others have the same thoughts.

Zoom is far superior in every way. It lasts much longer and it gives you more comfort.

I ball in all my shoes and while the 8/9 feel great out of the box, the Kobe 6 that is 3+ years old still gives me the same comfort as it did on day one. I can't say the same about some of my Kobe 8 since the lunar is thin now

By that do you mean it's boring, but a solid colorway? I think less is more in some cases. People complain about colorways being too loud and want simpler colorways, but when colorways are simple, people say they're too boring. So which one is it?
boring as in repetitive and solid is a description of the cw meaning the whole shoe has one color hence my use of the word "solid"

The lunar flattens over time and becomes less responsive. It's not only me but many others have the same thoughts.

Zoom is far superior in every way. It lasts much longer and it gives you more comfort.

I ball in all my shoes and while the 8/9 feel great out of the box, the Kobe 6 that is 3+ years old still gives me the same comfort as it did on day one. I can't say the same about some of my Kobe 8 since the lunar is thin now
Hah, seriously?  I play pick-up 4-5 times a week.  Nothing serious, but don't assume that I don't play enough or hard enough when you know nothing about me.  I'll give you that same courtesy.

In my personal experience, ANY shoe bottoms out and becomes less responsive over time through extended play regardless if they're completely foam based cushioning or zoom encased in foam.  I definitely agree that the zoom bags themselves hold up longer than any foam will, aside from the XX8s and their durability issues (loved those for hoops, damn shame). The only shoe that I haven't had "bottom out" on me were the Lebron Xs and 8s (traction wore down first), but I never liked the court feel on either of them.

My Kobe 5s, albeit great to ball in only lasted me 6 months before I started developing minor shin splints, but that was before I started buying multiple pairs of shoes for hoops to rotate around with to be fair.

Question for you my man, how much do you weigh?  I'm 6'1 177 lbs, and have found that my solid rotation of 9s are holding up perfectly fine cushioning wise thus far.  The uppers on my Perspectives and Showtimes are starting to stretch a little as any shoe for hooping typically does, so I have to tie them up a little tighter.  Aside from that, the cushioning is still solid on both pairs. 

Last edited:

Hah, seriously?  I play pick-up 4-5 times a week.  Nothing serious, but don't assume that I don't play enough or hard enough when you know nothing about me.  I'll give you that same courtesy.

In my personal experience, ANY shoe bottoms out and becomes less responsive over time through extended play regardless if they're completely foam based cushioning or zoom encased in foam.  I definitely agree that the zoom bags themselves hold up longer than any foam will, aside from the XX8s and their durability issues (loved those for hoops, damn shame). The only shoe that I haven't had "bottom out" on me were the Lebron Xs and 8s (traction wore down first), but I never liked the court feel on either of them.

My Kobe 5s, albeit great to ball in only lasted me 6 months before I started developing minor shin splints, but that was before I started buying multiple pairs of shoes for hoops to rotate around with to be fair.

Question for you my man, how much do you weigh?  I'm 6'1 177 lbs, and have found that my solid rotation of 9s are holding up perfectly fine cushioning wise thus far.  The uppers on my Perspectives and Showtimes are starting to stretch a little as any shoe for hooping typically does, so I have to tie them up a little tighter.  Aside from that, the cushioning is still solid on both pairs. 

the 9's have a thicker insert so they'll last longer, some of my 8's are thin so i'm rotating the insoles.

i'm 6'3 185.

i wasn't a fan of the kobe 5, i loved the kobe 6 though.

Didn't they advertise that Kobe would be wearing the inspirations when he came back. If I can find that add....im suing for false advertisement !!! lol jk just throw a few shoes my way and we can call it even.

The purple high tops look good to me. Probably wouldn't buy at this point but I do like em.
Yeah, they did advertise the Inspirations that way. I think that was before we found out the knee injury would take him out for the whole season though, so had he returned to the court, I'm sure we would've seen him in them. There's still a chance he'll wear them during an upcoming game. At least Swaggy wore them :lol:

The arguments for Lunarlon vs Zoom can be debated until the cows come home. There are pros and cons for both. Lunarlon give a lower shoe with better court feel, but it bottoms out quicker. Zoom is longer lasting and more impact absorbing, but it makes the foot sit higher and less court feel. Typically guards and slashers like to be lower to the court for quick cuts. Big guys who don't move around as much like the additional cushioning from Zoom Air. No one person can state which is better for someone else as it's all personal preference. 

Back
Top Bottom