THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I just don't understand the ID option for the " Mamba moment ". If he surpassed MJ wearing that shoe. Wouldn't you want the exact same CW? I mean you could just make the same one but still...

Just my 2 cents. CW is kinda cool anyway but I was hoping for a jaw dropping CW

I just don't understand the ID option for the " Mamba moment ". If he surpassed MJ wearing that shoe. Wouldn't you want the exact same CW? I mean you could just make the same one but still...

Just my 2 cents. CW is kinda cool anyway but I was hoping for a jaw dropping CW
Honestly I think a large part of it is that they wanted an excuse to charge us extra.

So the easiest way for them to do that was to call it an iD and let you change the colors around so that it is no longer the Mamba Moment shoe anyway.

Lol. Lewi, did you not get a pair (or four)?
happy.gif

I had set aside some funds for the Lebron Data and one pair of the Mamba Moments, but said screw it, ordered two IDs last night, no longer want the Lebrons. I think I made the right choice.

Both are subpar. These are the consultation prize for those that missed the orginal MC. Waiting for the 1st person to say these are the best 9s.
I can't disagree with you on the consolation prize thing, I missed out on the original, went back and bought the Masterpiece and was ready to call it a day on the 9, but not only do I like the Mamba Moments, they have historical significance which adds to the appeal for me.

I'll give you the historical significance. I almost ordered a pair based off that alone. Would have been the exact combination he wore in the game. Any changes would have lost the meaning and been just another ID IMO.

I'll give you the historical significance. I almost ordered a pair based off that alone. Would have been the exact combination he wore in the game. Any changes would have lost the meaning and been just another ID IMO.
Agreed. That's why I ordered the exact pair and then the extra ID with swoosh and sole changes, I regrettably failed to add the ID of points/date to the Kobe PE pair, but I can live with that, I added them to my other pair though just for the heck of it.

View media item 1305641
This is what I went with. I did pretty much the mamba classic but I took off the speckles and make the soles solid. This was probably one of the most irresponsible purchases I have made in a long long time. I honestly have absolutely no regrets either.

I honestly didn't like the original MC and im kinda luke warm on this pattern but these shoes are a must have for any one who is a huge kobe Bryant fan. The historical significance was too much for me to overlook.
I went with all white everything with gold swoosh n purple speckles. .... i agree. This shoe is a huge must have as a kobe fan

Most def was able to rack 2 pair, 1 I'll lob to my guy in NY. I had to have everything the exact way Kobe's game joints were. Cheers my dudes!!!

Damn it. I wanted a second pair, a more simple colorway but decided to wait until this morning and now look [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Agreed. That's why I ordered the exact pair and then the extra ID with swoosh and sole changes, I regrettably failed to add the ID of points/date to the Kobe PE pair, but I can live with that, I added them to my other pair though just for the heck of it.

You've got all the bases covered. Don't get me wrong the shoe isn't bad at all. It was a combination of me expecting something different/better and I pulled the trigger on a 2nd MP Elite earlier in the day.

I'm a multi flyknit junkie. One pair of Masterpieces, two pairs of the original multi ID's, and two pairs of these (one in the mamba Moments colorway and one with the flyknit and all white). Now I just need the HTM's and I'm good.

I went with a volt swoosh/shozoku and a clear translucent outsole. Kinda "Joker" esque. Hope the FK is more green/purple like in the shots from the game, and less dark, as it appeared on NDC, because then the volt will look really good. Almost went grey sole and swoosh like my MC lows, but decided to go a different route. I didn't really care about the historical significance, but I went with "Mamba Moment" as the ID. 

Hope they look good in person, or back they go.

Back
Top Bottom