THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
How can I make my worn once BHM 9s that I'm trying to sell more appealing? They're in a common size (8.5), and for a decent price imo, but in the three weeks I've had them listed not a single dude has seemed interested.

Is there no way other than to just ask for less? :frown:

Was the shoe just not as popular as the hype made them out to be?

Last edited:
How can I make my worn once BHM 9s that I'm trying to sell more appealing?

They're in a common size (8.5), and for a decent price imo, but nobody seems interested.

Is there no way other than to just ask for less? :frown:

Was the shoe just not as popular as the hype made them out to be?
Yes, ask for less. That's common sense. Regardless of "hype" (which you shouldn't be pricing on), the BHM 9 elite was available for a nice time period after it's release, on various different websites (from places like jimmy jazz, footlocker, and even NDC in certain sizes) . People who really wanted them got them, and whoever else now looking will likely ask themselves if they want to pay retail for *DS* pairs.

Go to your local FTL before you order and have them order them for you. I tried to exchange mines today without a receipt and they wanted to give $80 for them
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Despite the initial hate (and mockery of the shoes height) on the Kobe 9s silhouette, looks like it still sold very well. I do think it is one of the best Kobes ever, I don't even really buy Kobes outside of just when I need a pair to play ball in but I bought multiples of the Kobe 9. Stepping away from the flyknit upper on the X will likely backfire as they just aren't moving in stores at all, not even close to the Kobe 9s practically selling out in minutes.

LeBron James is the NBA’s top shoe salesman. Topping Nike‘s list of most signature shoes sold in 2014, James emphatically leads the pack with $340 million USD worth of his signature sneaker sold in a 12-month span through January of this year. Releasing its twelfth Lebron James signature shoe in October, Nike has rolled out more LBJ signature models than any other Nike-endorsed athlete in addition to increasing the sneaker’s distribution, which positively affected the overall sales. Placing runner-up is Kevin Durant with $195 million USD of his signature line sold in 2014, a year in which the KD7 silhouette resonated with both male and female teen audiences. Rounding out the top three and representing the biggest jump in overall sales is Kobe Bryant with $105 million USD sold, which doubles the totals in 2013 and signifies Nike’s successful implementation of Flyknit technology in the Kobe 9.

Signature Shoe Sales in 2014

1. Lebron James $340 million USD (Nike)
2. Kevin Durant $195 million USD (Nike)
3. Kobe Bryant $105 million USD (Nike)
4. Chris Paul $32 million USD (Nike/Jordan)
5. Derrick Rose $32 million USD (adidas)
6. Carmelo Anthony $30 million USD (Nike/Jordan)
7. John Wall $8 million USD (adidas)
8. Dwight Howard $1.5 million USD (adidas)

^Flyknit is back on the Xs. It'll be on the elite high versions and most likely elite lows too if/when they come out.

^Flyknit is back on the Xs. It'll be on the elite high versions and most likely elite lows too if/when they come out.

I only know of the 3 highs coming out and it doesn't compare to the IXs to be honest. I like the black and rose gold but that is pretty much it.

But I think starting out with the ones they released and just the way all the colorways of the Xs sitting on the shelves right now, then it is already way behind in sales of the IXs and they'd have to make up a lot of ground to come close or beat the sales of the IXs.

Last edited:
I only know of the 3 highs coming out and it doesn't compare to the IXs to be honest. I like the black and rose gold but that is pretty much it.

But I think just the way all the colorways of the Xs sitting on the shelves right now, then it is already way behind in sales of the IXs and they'd have to make up a lot of ground to comes close or beat the sales of the IXs.
The only thing that can save them is the Elite Lows now.. Hopefully they're dope

Has there at least been some leaked pics of the elite lows? That's how much little interest I have on the Xs right now that I don't even know while when the IXs released I was here lurking constantly.

Yeah the X colorways as a whole so far have been kind of disappointing. I think the shoe itself is a nice model (still prefer the IX's silhouette), but would like to see them do more with the colorways. The pricepoint is another turn off for a lot of folks it seems, although they can be found on discount fairly easily.

And no pics/leaks of the elite lows yet.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it is a bad sign when a newly released shoe (especially Nikes) can be found on discount so easily. Most of the time it is excluded because they know it'll sell regardless.

Back
Top Bottom