THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Yeah I think it is a bad sign when a newly released shoe (especially Nikes) can be found on discount so easily. Most of the time it is excluded because they know it'll sell regardless.

If you look at the Lebron and KD line that happens all the time. I think Kobes in general move quicker because there are far less numbers. When it comes to sales of the 9 vs 10, down the road the 9 will be viewed as an iconic shoe. It was something so different and unique

Also I think nike learned their lesson last year when the put out the elite highs before the EM pairs. People were hesitant to buy the EM because it was an inferior product compared to the flyknit. They had options. Now this year nike switched it so for the 10 the mesh is the only current option and Kobe heads will buy it now

I think EM just had terrible colorways though, the Xs colorways aren't bad (better than EMs actually) it's just the shoe overall doesn't look as good and many are disappointed with the performance.

If the EMs just had simple and nice color combos (blk&wht, blk&red, blk&liteblue, etc...) then it would have likely sold much better and people would snatch them up once it hits a little discount.

I can agree with that. I just don't get how they can go from so many great colorways on the 8, to basically nothing on the 9 EM. It's the same shoe or material essentially. The colorways on the 10 are just meh for me.

so the numbers state that kobe 9 was better than kobe 8 ? godamn numbers still lie cause kobe 8 is top3 kobe model and FAR SUPERIOR to the 9s.

only thing that is worth to remember from the 9s is the multicolor IDs and maybe the mamba moments while WTK8,BHM 8,sulfurs,christmas 8s,sparks,mambacurials,ASGS all are sick shoes and will be all time classics 

so the numbers state that kobe 9 was better than kobe 8 ? godamn numbers still lie cause kobe 8 is top3 kobe model and FAR SUPERIOR to the 9s.

only thing that is worth to remember from the 9s is the multicolor IDs and maybe the mamba moments while WTK8,BHM 8,sulfurs,christmas 8s,sparks,mambacurials,ASGS all are sick shoes and will be all time classics 

I don't think sales figures accurately predict how well the model did. I would like to see production numbers vs sales figures. The more you make the more you sell. I also think you are underrating the 9. You can say you don't like the high tops. But masterpiece, details and allstar games are amazing colorways

Last edited:

I mean that is more of an opinion than fact.

Looks are subjective.

I don't think sales figures accurately predict how well the model did. I would like to see production numbers vs sales figures. The more you make the more you sell. I also think you are underrating the 9. You can say you don't like the high tops. But masterpiece, details and allstar games are amazing colorways
oh yeah masterpierce was ok put it in the same category as the multioclor ids :D , as far for the rest they were just too neutral imo details ans ASG included.

well in the end of the day what nike cares for is how many $$$ are going into their pockets , isnt lebron 10/11/12 far uglier than the 7s and 8s ? but they didnt bring as many money as the newer models so in the end of the day they are more succesfull models :frown:

Looks are subjective.
couldnt agree more everyone has a different taste but the majority of kobe fans and people that got no idea about signature nike shoes prefer the 8s over 9s tbh 

oh yeah masterpierce was ok put it in the same category as the multioclor ids :D , as far for the rest they were just too neutral imo details ans ASG included.

well in the end of the day what nike cares for is how many $$$ are going into their pockets , isnt lebron 10/11/12 far uglier than the 7s and 8s ? but they didnt bring as many money as the newer models so in the end of the day they are more succesfull models :frown:

Like I said lebrons are produced 95894784x more than kobes. They will always sell more. Most stores don't even get kobes. Those sales numbers don't tell the whole story. As for the details, have you seen them up close and in person? There is a reason why they call them the details. Pops way more than in pics

Like I said lebrons are produced 95894784x more than kobes. They will always sell more. Most stores don't even get kobes. Those sales numbers don't tell the whole story. As for the details, have you seen them up close and in person? There is a reason why they call them the details. Pops way more than in pics
yap i have held all the kobe shoes in my hand but the 9s just dont do it for me , that shoe isnt wearable in public without looking like a clown for me , propably i m hating them too much but eh.

kobe 9 MC low flyknit is a piece of art though easily top10 kobe model of all time and the best executed MC flyknit nike has released in any shoe 

Looks are subjective.
couldnt agree more everyone has a different taste but the majority of kobe fans and people that got no idea about signature nike shoes prefer the 8s over 9s tbh 

I can't corroborate on that to be honest, I don't usually keep up with Kobes, I only check it out every year to see how they look and I really do not have much interest look-wise (only performance-wise since it is always one of the best every year). So I'll take your word for it.

With that said, the 9 has pretty much got me to buy multiple pairs, it is the only pair that has peaked my interest to a point where I wanted multiple pairs. I am again back to just lurking when it comes to the Xs and might consider a pair of the elite hi's but I am again back to simply lurking.

That's me though, I just like the IXs with the flyknit and the highs looks great to me. Just personal preference in the end.

I don't get how you can hate the 9 I really don't.  If you don't like highs fine, but the lows were awesome it will go down as an iconic shoe period. 

I don't get how you can hate the 9 I really don't.  If you don't like highs fine, but the lows were awesome it will go down as an iconic shoe period. 

It is the height thing for most. A lot of people just buy basketball shoes to rock casually and feel they can't do it with the high. I disagree I think it can be done. Also there was not enough flyknit low colorways to really make a difference

I really like the Xs. A lot more than the 8 and just a little more than the 9s --performance-wise.

I think It's the retail price that dictates the appeal for most people, considering that the materials aren't drastically different. 8s were 140, 9s were 160, Xs are 180, therefore 8s are the best.

I also do not see the problem with the highs either, worst comes to worst just don't tuck your pants in the shoes, just let them cover the top part of the shoes and it still looks good just as if you were wearing lows.

I really like the Xs. A lot more than the 8 and just a little more than the 9s --performance-wise.

I think It's the retail price that dictates the appeal for most people, considering that the materials aren't drastically different. 8s were 140, 9s were 160, Xs are 180, therefore 8s are the best.

I think the material jump from the 8 to the 9 are drastically different. The flyknit of the 9s is just completely different.

Last edited:
Well I was comparing the engineered mesh and fuse. I think when the X elites drop people will find those to be better than the elite IX. The flyknit was interesting but nike left a lot of room for improvement.

The 9's were great because they weren't JUST high tops. If you weren't into the look of the highs you could jump on the Flyknit lows or even the Engineered mesh lows. It had something for everyone. Not to mention all 3 models were performance beasts. The X is failing not only because it's over priced, but it's also not as aesthetically appealing as previous models while not really making up for it from a performance standpoint. Let's be honest, these days a majority of the people are wearing sneakers casually and the X's just aren't as aesthetically appealing as previous models.

Go to your local FTL before you order and have them order them for you. I tried to exchange mines today without a receipt and they wanted to give $80 for them :rolleyes  

How do you go about this? I just tried ordering in store but dude said I couldn't because it's an online product

8's and 9's > 10  

The sad part is, I think that the X's have potential, just like the 8's had. I'm hoping that they add some sought of design or print to the upper.

Back
Top Bottom