THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Quote:

I believe all 9's have the insole + midsole in one piece.... so putting orthotics into them from my understanding isn't possible. 

Are the lows the same way?

No, you could take the lunar insoles out of all 9's.
what I'm saying is that the insole is actually an insole+midsole... 

i'd imagine that taking them out would kill all comfort, foot protection offered by a usual midsole

Yeah, all versions of the 9s have a combined lunarlon insole/midsole. I don't wear orthotics, but I've got a couple buddies that were disappointed they couldn't pick up any 8s or 9s because of the cushioning set up.

there are some methods to putting in orthodics,  

1. you could shave the lunarlon down

2. just wear the lunarlon out, wait for it to bottom out

I would assume its something similar to when ppl were inserting full length customs from china and super glueing them.  

I have a friend who put his othrodics on top (unlike in this video where the zoom is on the bottom)  he shaved the top with a razor and he says his kobe 8s work really well.  hope that helps. 

Last edited:
there are some methods to putting in orthodics,  
1. you could shave the lunarlon down
2. just wear the lunarlon out, wait for it to bottom out

I would assume its something similar to when ppl were inserting full length customs from china and super glueing them.  

I have a friend who put his othrodics on top (unlike in this video where the zoom is on the bottom)  he shaved the top with a razor and he says his kobe 8s work really well.  hope that helps. 

Thanks

I'm gunna take this project to a local shoe repair shop and get em to do it if the price is reasonable. I've seen some of their custom work done with insane precision so I'm sure they can manage this.

I know I'd butcher it doing it myself.

giphy.gif

Not sure if anybody is still looking or not, but the EXT KRM in both the red and black are available on Nike clearance for $131.98 with code BACK2SPORT, good sizes. Snakeskin EXT as well for 119.98.

Back
Top Bottom