THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
WORD.

Nike is giving us something different each year which is what we want. I don't see why people are not welcoming it. I personally like the new stuff they did for the 8s. We got totally new colorways and everything was creative, nothing rehashed. I like that style.
It's because when people are comfortable with something they tend to hate any changes. The EM on the 8s was a great innovation in basketball and was a nice change up from hyperfuse and flywire that we've been used to in Nikes basketball shoes. Until something works for people they will be quick to stick with what they know/like instead of something risky or new

It's weird, the pic won't load on page 23 and i can't see them in the upper right hand picture box preview. But when i click in the picture section i see the samples.

They look great btw. I was gonna cop a pair of flyknit chukkas....and these have the same feel to me...but can be balled in. Will wait and cop a pair or sure they look fantastic. Thank you Nike for getting something right. I hate the lebron 11....i kind of like the KDVI....but the Kobe 9 just like the 8...looks like it is winning the sig shoe race for me. I can rest easy :lol:

Last edited:
Definitely looking forward to see the 9 if its flyknit.  Only concern is that the flyknit is meant to feel just like an outer skin rather than a shoe.  They would have to use flywire to lock down you foot and also include a heel counter for support.  Not sure the flyknit material and a heel counter go together well but Eric Avar would know better than any of us.  Hoping pics are available soon.

Definitely looking forward to see the 9 if its flyknit.  Only concern is that the flyknit is meant to feel just like an outer skin rather than a shoe.  They would have to use flywire to lock down you foot and also include a heel counter for support.  Not sure the flyknit material and a heel counter go together well but Eric Avar would know better than any of us.  Hoping pics are available soon.

This was my initial thought but many here thought that Nike is def gonna make flyknit give support, im still skeptical a bit but im hoping they prove me wrong

Being innovative doesnt always work out, the material on the kobe 7 was new and innovative and we know how that went, besides what was that material?

^The innovative new material on the VIIs was plastic...:nerd:

I'm pretty confident that flyknit will be just fine, and like it's been said before multiple times, the upper is obviously not going to be completely made out of flyknit, will most likely have hyperfuse and additional support for the areas that need it. Have any of you guys held or checked out the Flyknit Frees in hand? It's a flyknit upper but much more densely packed/woven than the racers/trainers. If you're basing your opinion of flyknit solely off of the racers for example, which is extremely minimal, it definitely won't be like that on the Kobes.

That said, with all the new upper materials they've been throwing at us the last 5 years or however long it's been from plastic flywire uppers to hyperfuse to EM, etc etc, I honestly kind of just miss an old school leather upper, at least for playing ball in. The plastics can be hit (IV-VI) or miss (VII, IMO) depending on how stiff they make it, and while I did and do like EM on the 8s, I actually wish it was a little bit stiffer of an upper for playing ball. I honestly hate the concept/marketing of the Elite series, but I do think that's something they did right with the Elite 8s by having double layered EM. I think what I miss about leather is just that I more or less always knew what I was getting with it, even if I don't miss the lack of ventilation on some of the older leather models.

Either way, we'll see in a couple months...

Last edited:
^The innovative new material on the VIIs was plastic...:nerd:

I'm pretty confident that flyknit will be just fine, and like it's been said before multiple times, the upper is obviously not going to be completely made out of flyknit, will most likely have hyperfuse and additional support for the areas that need it. Have any of you guys held or checked out the Flyknit Frees in hand? It's a flyknit upper but much more densely packed/woven than the racers/trainers. If you're basing your opinion of flyknit solely off of the racers for example, which is extremely minimal, it definitely won't be like that on the Kobes.

That said, with all the new upper materials they've been throwing at us the last 5 years or however long it's been from plastic flywire uppers to hyperfuse to EM, etc etc, I honestly kind of just miss an old school leather upper, at least for playing ball in. The plastics can be hit (IV-VI) or miss (VII, IMO) depending on how stiff they make it, and while I did and do like EM on the 8s, I actually wish it was a little bit stiffer of an upper for playing ball. I honestly hate the concept/marketing of the Elite series, but I do think that's something they did right with the Elite 8s by having double layered EM. I think what I miss about leather is just that I more or less always knew what I was getting with it, even if I don't miss the lack of ventilation on some of the older leather models.

Either way, we'll see in a couple months...

leather shoes are so 1990s!.....

lol jk bro

Being innovative doesnt always work out, the material on the kobe 7 was new and innovative and we know how that went, besides what was that material?
The innovation behind the VII was the whole "Kobe System" idea, a concept that didn't work well on that shoe but as we all know works great on the VIIIs

just happy 2 see a mid nike killed kobe's line v-viii by releasing only low tops imo. i mean lebron had lows but he still had a mid. why couldn't the same be done for kobe's line?

I just hope that if there is a low, and a mid version, they keep the tech similar.

The brons from mids to lws are almost like two complete different shoes....

the 7's upper isn't new actually. it's just an evolution of the upper first seen on the 6s. IMO, if they didn't make it a system, it would've still worked. :rolleyes

the 7's upper isn't new actually. it's just an evolution of the upper first seen on the 6s. IMO, if they didn't make it a system, it would've still worked. :rolleyes

Idk i gotta disagree with you saying it would of worked if it wasnt a system

Idk i gotta see the tech info on both pairs again i know they both utilized flywire but thats about it, the 6s upper was so pliable and giving while we know about the 7s

There's no argument there. I'm just saying, most of the problems were caused by the system. Imagine if the midsole used the usual soft phylon and not that brick they used. No blisters inside as well. Most of the problems with the 7s came from the midsole(system) so it could've been a better shoe.

There's no argument there. I'm just saying, most of the problems were caused by the system. Imagine if the midsole used the usual soft phylon and not that brick they used. No blisters inside as well. Most of the problems with the 7s came from the midsole(system) so it could've been a better shoe.

The midsole from hell and the issues with it were rampant, your right the system with the 8s are so much better, the phylon used still till this day has me ripped

Have we ever waited this long for a good pic of next seasons Kobe release?
I cant remember how far we had to wait before.

Since kobe wants to keep low tops I can see nike giving us both mid and low and either they will do a low shoe like lebron or just make the elites low.

WORD.

Nike is giving us something different each year which is what we want. I don't see why people are not welcoming it. I personally like the new stuff they did for the 8s. We got totally new colorways and everything was creative, nothing rehashed. I like that style.
yea don't forget to mention the new and different price that nike is gonna give us. Its gonna be 40-60 dollars more. that's why people aren't welcoming it. The 8's are comfortably price. They are expensive but not over the top but for these 9's is gonna look like 1 or 2 colorways tops.

yea don't forget to mention the new and different price that nike is gonna give us. Its gonna be 40-60 dollars more. that's why people aren't welcoming it. The 8's are comfortably price. They are expensive but not over the top but for these 9's is gonna look like 1 or 2 colorways tops.

yeah, I'm putting a ceiling on 2 pairs for me. It's gonna be hard but I'll just get one on court shoe then probably an ASG or something.
After that I'm straight. I just won't be able to support more than 2 pairs financially. :smh:

All this price talk is killing me, if its 180 i can comfortably afford a couple pairs but its out of the price range of being a collectable shoe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom