THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Any chance to cop a pair of these MPs in NYC this weekend? I would be driving down from Boston.

If not, I"m thinking if I should just pay the extra coin and buy them on eBay for $350-400

I just read that article on how much money these players are bringing in for their shoe company's. KD is poised to take over the current player market. Kobe's sneaker popularity is the highest it's ever been. Even before the Prelude Pack. Their missing out on a lot of money if all the Elites are limited this way. Curious to what their strategy is because it's simply bad business.

Last edited:
I just read that article on how much money these players are bringing in for their shoe company's. KD is poised to take over the current player market. Kobe's sneaker popularity is the highest it's ever been. Even before the Prelude Pack. Their missing out on a lot of money if all the Elites are limited this way. Curious to what their strategy is because it's simply bad business.
It's not bad business IMO, think about it. If Nike over saturated the market with Doernbechers for example than they hype would start to die down and eventually they'd quit selling out. To ensure that not only the limited releases sale out but majority of their online releases sell out they make some of the shoes impossible to get. 

So let's say that you want the kobes out of the ASG pack that's releasing but you strike out. At the same time you're able to get the KDs and LeBrons in your cart than you'll most likely buy them as a consolation prize which in theory would lead to all 3 shoes selling out Saturday morning. Now if everyone (including myself) were able to get the Kobes than most likely the KDs and LeBrons would not sell out since everyone who wanted the Kobes was able to get them. I know I speak for the majority of us who cop something when we strike out on what we were actually wanting to just ease the saltiness 
roll.gif

Smart business fam, they make shoes limited to ensure EVERYTHING sells out.

It's not bad business IMO, think about it. If Nike over saturated the market with Doernbechers for example than they hype would start to die down and eventually they'd quit selling out. To ensure that not only the limited releases sale out but majority of their online releases sell out they make some of the shoes impossible to get. 

So let's say that you want the kobes out of the ASG pack that's releasing but you strike out. At the same time you're able to get the KDs and LeBrons in your cart than you'll most likely buy them as a consolation prize which in theory would lead to all 3 shoes selling out Saturday morning. Now if everyone (including myself) were able to get the Kobes than most likely the KDs and LeBrons would not sell out since everyone who wanted the Kobes was able to get them. I know I speak for the majority of us who cop something when we strike out on what we were actually wanting to just ease the saltiness :rofl:

Well said. Nike knows exactly what they are doing. To call it "bad business" is just naive. Is it frustrating that they are releasing these things in such limited quantities? Absolutely.

Last edited:

So let's say that you want the kobes out of the ASG pack that's releasing but you strike out. At the same time you're able to get the KDs and LeBrons in your cart than you'll most likely buy them as a consolation prize which in theory would lead to all 3 shoes selling out Saturday morning. Now if everyone (including myself) were able to get the Kobes than most likely the KDs and LeBrons would not sell out since everyone who wanted the Kobes was able to get them. I know I speak for the majority of us who cop something when we strike out on what we were actually wanting to just ease the saltiness 
roll.gif

You must have missed the part when I said all the elites. ASG, Xmas, DB are expected to be limited. Their limiting all the elites after a massive marketing campaign. The MP is the debut shoe. Not only for Kobe but Flyknit BBall. If they doubled the number of MPs releasing you guys think they'll sit? They'll sell too and would still be far from over saturation. Making less money is never good business.

roll.gif

roll.gif

im kinda confused and abit lost about all this lol i think its kinda ******ed.

if i was set on buyin "a" particular pair then regardless i get it or not, im not lookin to get the next best thing which i dont want.

now unless i was keen on gettin "a few different pairs" from the start then i would buy them. 

resellers mentality ? miss out on a pair to make some cash and then jump on the next best thing and hopefully get a piece of the pie as well ? thats the only way i can c why people would be forced to buy somethin they never intended just cos their original choice sold out.

aint nothin smart bout any of that.  u want shoes to sell out, bring out better designs and better CWs

im kinda confused and abit lost about all this lol i think its kinda ******ed.

if i was set on buyin "a" particular pair then regardless i get it or not, im not lookin to get the next best thing which i dont want.

now unless i was keen on gettin "a few different pairs" from the start then i would buy them. 

resellers mentality ? miss out on a pair to make some cash and then jump on the next best thing and hopefully get a piece of the pie as well ? thats the only way i can c why people would be forced to buy somethin they never intended just cos their original choice sold out.

aint nothin smart bout any of that.  u want shoes to sell out, bring out better designs and better CWs
If you know sneakers, then if you miss out on the kobes, but get one of the others, you can resell it and use that money to get the kobes that you originally wanted.

If you know sneakers, then if you miss out on the kobes, but get one of the others, you can resell it and use that money to get the kobes that you originally wanted.

Who wants to go through all that for a pair of shoes? What else besides the Dunks are dropping this weekend that someone would settle for? Lol

Who wants to go through all that for a pair of shoes? What else besides the Dunks are dropping this weekend that someone would settle for? Lol
Are you even reading the the thread or what the name of it is? What does come out this weekend??? hmm

You must have missed the part when I said all the elites. ASG, Xmas, DB are expected to be limited. Their limiting all the elites after a massive marketing campaign. The MP is the debut shoe. Not only for Kobe but Flyknit BBall. If they doubled the number of MPs releasing you guys think they'll sit? They'll sell too and would still be far from over saturation. Making less money is never good business.
Nike took a gigantic risk with these Kobe 9s. When was the last time you wanted to buy a basketball shoe that reminded you of something Manny Pacquiao would wear in a boxing ring? Never, but Nike marketed them in a way to guarantee that they not only sale out, but every single colorway sales out. Nike loses money when shoes sit and have to be discounted to move them, not when they sale out. 

Back
Top Bottom