THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
embarassed.gif

I'm wondering what your point is.

Where is the hostility coming from?
There wasn't any hostility towards you. I was making a joke at the newbies in here just getting into kobes now with the 9's being their first kobes and saying they're the best. Some even said they didn't own any kobes till the 9's. Then you came at me about my join date lol. Can't believe thats still a way for members to figure out how knowledgeable you are or how long you've been in the game

just got my gumbo league sneakers in, and I cannot be more blown away. the 9 overall is pretty solid considering its construction yet the flyknit is much more durable than the flyknit sneakers already on the market- excluding the fsb chukka which I have yet to see in person.

not at all salty that I missed on the NRG & MP, even though my homie lucked out on an MP. I'm super happy with this asg sneaker, and look forward to the Inspiration & Detail. I personally feel like the next three will be like the Blue Glow & Purple Fade 8- they won't sell out instantly but wait an hour or so and they'll be gone, pop up randomly, and be more available in shops than Devotion was.

People have complaints that the MP & Devotion were super limited and limited, respectively, but it's been like that for a while w new sig models. Nike likes to hype up their GR shoes w limited releases. The limited production numbers don't help in overall sales in units sold, but rather by hype generated for their models released in more widely available numbers.

Bottom line: super satisfied w my purchase.
lol homie in class posting photos to NT.

Last edited:
My man had a bad day maybe?
and yeah i did have a bad day. My 2nd pair of Devotions were suppose to deliver today from NDC but for some reason UPS said there were weather conditions meanwhile it was sunny all day and multiple UPS trucks making deliveries on my block.

But still.. i was just poking fun at the first time kobe owners

how does being a 1st time kobe owner mean you cant judge how the other models looked compared to the 9s??

Maybe it was their first Kobes because none of the other Kobe appealed to them?

This was about appearance to begin with.

If it was about performance, then yes, I can understand where you're coming from.

I guess you don't know how to follow that well. As I initially said, some of you guys owning the IX's as your FIRST kobes. That means you never owned a PREVIOUS model, which would mean that you didn't get to experience the performance of the previous models over time. I understand if some of you have owned previous kobes before and like the 9's more. But I was saying to those dudes never owning the older models and saying this is the best model. You can't make a judgement across the entire line if you only had 1 of the 9 models.
Again, HOW do you KNOW that these guys are owning their FIRST Kobes????  And the statement "You can't make a judgement across the entire line if you only had 1 of the 9 models" isn't true.  They CAN make judgments on one if they haven't owned the others.  The question was about APPEARANCE.  You don't have to OWN another pair to make a judgment in APPEARANCE.  

@OneSickRetro

I was wondering if anyone liked that pic. but no gold star for using a gif already used earlier in this thread lol jk nt is the best for lmao gifs to reply in iMessage

People actually care about someone being a first time purchaser of a Kobe model?  I don't understand the relevance.  

Damn... some of you guys have way too much time to post on a message board. Go to work, school, hang out with a chick/dude (whatever you're into), go play with your kids, just go do something.

I still say the cloaks and ASG VII's are some of the best Kobe's. :nthat:

I agree that the V probably had the best colorways, but I never loved that sneaker, even though I have some.

I love the VII Cloak colorway, Aces, ASG and WTK too...

But I was gonna wear my Black/Grey VIIs yesterday to the office, and my feet were killing me after 15 mins... guess the VIIs still aren't for me :rolleyes

Nah, you missed the point when you gave an analogy about fast cars (which would've been valid had we been discussing PERFORMANCE), but the topic was about APPEARANCE.  
Who decided it was all about performance. A member asked is this the best model appearance OR performance. Because another member responded these are the best appearance wise, so now we can't talk about performance?

Quote:

i know, some folk just want attention
Says the guy begging me to sell the extra pair to and posting every other posts asking for a freebie. 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom