THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
lol @ the kobe uggs, thats a great pic.

"same damn height, same damn price"

pics make me not feel bad about coppin.

i just dont have the "swag" most of the NT fashionistas have to pull off the kobe 9s.

how_to_wear_ugg_boots.jpg

soon a kobe 9 one will be up like above. speaking only for casual wear of course. for ball i mean its all good.

Though I have yet to get these 9s on court (hoping to tomorrow), my guess is that they won't surpass the kobe 8 and xx8 for me.  BUT having sized down and feeling like I have a great fit, these might come close to matching the 8s for me.  I've got a good feeling about them just from walking around.

The big thing for me is the fact that court feel and responsiveness outweigh ankle freedom.  The high cut definitely may take getting used to, but I don't see it restricting me and in fact may add to the responsiveness on-court.

Very curious to see how this goes.  Appreciate the on-court opinions from all

Last edited:
What's the point if the carbon fiber on the sides? Only place I feel it would necessary is underfoot

As far as casual wear goes, they're annoying af when I have them on while I'm driving. Never doing that again.

#hoopinyourkobes #donttuckinyourpants #leavethecuffsforthehipsters

What's the point if the carbon fiber on the sides? Only place I feel it would necessary is underfoot

I've been trying to figure this out too. Initially I thought it was for lateral support but your foot doesn't even sit that deep in the shoe.

For so many reasons, this shoe is a performance joke. I look forward to owning a pair for casual wear and congrats to those who like hooping in them, but I can look at them and tell I never will.

I'm tryin to hoop in mine but they're a size too big even though everyone said they're TTS I bought a size 14 because thats all I could get on FTL I tried them on today and theres a bit of room in the front like half an inch even with the double layered Elite socks and an ankle brace on I still feel room in the front. For those of you who've played in them are you having issues with your foot sliding around if you actually bought your size? I have a size 13 on the way thanks to alp :wink: but ya I'm gonna look to sell these size 14's even though I own like 3 other pairs of size 14's including the kobe 7 but ya just my two cents.

Some of you guys need to : (1) do some squats; (2) do some calf raises; (3) do some plyos; or (4) eat a damn sandwich. 
LOL word; all the sneaker heat and nice clothes in the world doesn't mean a thing if the person doesn't have the body to go along with it.

I'm just waiting on the wtkobe 9 hi..... If it's a combination of the masterpiece(or as I call em the kente cloths), maestros(Full Metal Alchemists), the details, & whatever the blue 1s are called, and the alleged Michael Jackson & cement 3 c/w's it's gon be 1 for the ages... Unless I can find a way to get my hands on another pair of ASGs/or MPs I'm on chill till them Michael Jackson's of them WTKobe 9s drop... This is easily my favorite new shoe since the lebron 8 drop.... Instant classic. Too many cats just dunno tho....

Yea its true but in this day in age we all need to focus on our health more and not all these dangerous processed food and BS.I cut out all sodas,most juices,milk and drink 80 water every day and it definitely helps me feel better and I lost a ton of weight easy.

The bad part was I had to buy a whole new wardrobe lol.Look alot better tho.

a gallon of water and walk just 15 or 20 mins more a day and its a good start.

yeah that's another thing. But for most people it's about comfort although a lot of kids here in Niketalk are just fad chasers. It's so easy to spot a wanna be and most of them are wearing the ASGs. Just scroll back past few pages
Mann just shut the F up and shove a tampon into your va jay jay. All you do is whine and beg and when you get what you want, you feel the need to bash others for no apparent reason. You're not just expressing an opinion, you're expressing hate when you tell others how stupid they look and what to wear and what not to wear. First you complain that nobody should get the kobe ix's if you're not looking to rock it casually or for ball. Then you blame everyone that you won't be able to get your shoe BEFORE release date. Now you throwing salt about people liking the ASG. These are the type of arrogant people that serve the country now? Do yourself a favor and shut up.

I'm tryin to hoop in mine but they're a size too big even though everyone said they're TTS I bought a size 14 because thats all I could get on FTL I tried them on today and theres a bit of room in the front like half an inch even with the double layered Elite socks and an ankle brace on I still feel room in the front. For those of you who've played in them are you having issues with your foot sliding around if you actually bought your size? I have a size 13 on the way thanks to alp :wink: but ya I'm gonna look to sell these size 14's even though I own like 3 other pairs of size 14's including the kobe 7 but ya just my two cents.
thanks to alp for charging you resell higher than what other people have been paying. Then he convinces everybody the prices are fair by throwing ebay estimates and defends himself saying he doesn't care about money and only looking to help members by being negotiable while at the same time asking 2 grand for preludes.

Some of you guys need to : (1) do some squats; (2) do some calf raises; (3) do some plyos; or (4) eat a damn sandwich. 

Shots Fired!!!!!!

View media item 816856

That Reminds Me, I Need To Get My Scrawny *** Back In The Gym :lol: Summer's Right Around The Corner!

And Let's Face It People, This Silhoette Isn't The Easiest To Pull Of For Casual Wear...... I'm The First To Admit My *** Is Too Old To Try And Rock These Out As An Everyday Sneaker...... Got A ***** Out Here Looking Like Floyd Mayweather/Manny Pacquiao Post Workout :lol:

WEAR WHAT YOU LIKE, AND JUST BE YOURSELF PEOPLE!

Too Many Style Aficionado's On This Board These Days And Half You Dudes Got Don Magic Juan Swag :smh:

Don%20Magic%20Juan-WBU-023047.jpg

Last edited:
Yea cant wait to see the  lows and mids.Kobe might have the best 1,2, and 3 shoe of the year.Might be damn near 40 colorways lol.It was like 35 kobe 8 colorways i think.

Last edited:
looking for some input from homies that have seriously balled in these kicks. I'm talking competitive 5 on 5. I have that dead space above the toe that nightwing was talking about. Width and length fit perfect, just like all my other basketball shoes, but the dead space creates a lack of containment and I felt a blister forming on the corner of my toe. I never had this issue with my Kobe 8 in the same size. I was even able to try a ".5 size down" Kobe 9 because Niketown NYC wouldn't let me try on shoes, so I bought a size down and my normal size. The smaller size, length wise was a no go. Toes are right against the front, so a jammed toe nail is a guarantee. Plus width wise, there were snug so I am positive that 9.5 is my size. Looking at the way the shoe is designed, I can see why there is dead space: because of the hyperfuse base in the toe box. It's so stiff and creates a gap. Has anyone else noticed this? Input? FYI, I was using Nike HyperElite socks not thin socks. Double socking is not an option either. Unless I double sock with 2 nike hyperelite socks. Which I would probably never do.

**** man! Might have to go back to Kobe 8s. For what it's worth, the Kobe 9 traction is on par with the Kobe 8, in my opinion. 

The LeBron XI insert does take care of the dead space problem. You do sit a tad higher but not by much. I think it feels a bit like the Kobe IV

These are interesting and a novelty, but they are no 8. They are fun to play around in but the gimmick wears off quick. IMO they are not a game changer like I consider the 8. Last year gave ballers two of the most memorable performance shoes Ive seen in a long time from nike. The 8 and the xx8. These dont hold candle to either.

Really when you sit and think about it these just pretend to be a lot of things they arent, for example:
1. They do not play like a low. period, you can tell yourself whatever they just flat dont,
2. The major selling point besides point 1, they are flyknit..... well, NO...actually they arent flyknit. They have a flyknit veneer. Could have built the same shoe with a fuse frame like the 8 and probably made it lighter by using the EM.... but nope, had to veneer the flyknit over to trick people into believing they really made a flyknit bball shoe. Im sorry but this is the one that bothers me the most, its a flat out lie.

Anyways, like I said its was an interesting idea and they are fun to play and also a good conversation piece but of all of the 9 shoes in his line to me this one is the most forgettable, with respect to performance, of the last 5 years. As far as im concerned its a step back.
To each their own though. If you all think its the GOAT more power to you

I agree mostly, but not really a step back as severe as the Kobe 7. But it's just not what we thought it would be. The Flyknit is still a disappointment UNTIL we put this shoe through extensive performance tests through time. Let's see!

i definitely thought the 8 took it a step farther. took it very low to the ground still stable though in the heel, i did not experence the loose problem. I generally dont because I death lace my shoes. Thats also a problem with the 9 uunitl I put in the LBJXI insert.

My two favorites of the line are the 6 and the 8
I prefer low tops when I play, and I definitely think the 8s were the best yet. The fit for 8s were great for me, and I have wide feet. Although the 9s are high I still can't wait to try them out

The LeBron XI insert does take care of the dead space problem. You do sit a tad higher but not by much. I think it feels a bit like the Kobe IV

looking for some input from homies that have seriously balled in these kicks. I'm talking competitive 5 on 5. I have that dead space above the toe that nightwing was talking about. Width and length fit perfect, just like all my other basketball shoes, but the dead space creates a lack of containment and I felt a blister forming on the corner of my toe. I never had this issue with my Kobe 8 in the same size. I was even able to try a ".5 size down" Kobe 9 because Niketown NYC wouldn't let me try on shoes, so I bought a size down and my normal size. The smaller size, length wise was a no go. Toes are right against the front, so a jammed toe nail is a guarantee. Plus width wise, there were snug so I am positive that 9.5 is my size. Looking at the way the shoe is designed, I can see why there is dead space: because of the hyperfuse base in the toe box. It's so stiff and creates a gap. Has anyone else noticed this? Input? FYI, I was using Nike HyperElite socks not thin socks. Double socking is not an option either. Unless I double sock with 2 nike hyperelite socks. Which I would probably never do.

**** man! Might have to go back to Kobe 8s. For what it's worth, the Kobe 9 traction is on par with the Kobe 8, in my opinion.
I tried mine on today Using the Dual layer Elite sock and it felt preatty good I'm ballin in them today I'll post back here how they feel I also wear ankel braces so that might be something that helps too but the braces don't go all the way to the toes obviously but the dual layer nike sock does help. I got 'em at ***** for like 12 bux I knew I would need them being that this is a size up from what I usually wear.

I do not want a WTK 9 Elite. These are already hard to come by. Thats stress I dont need in my life.

Back
Top Bottom