THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Some of you guys need to : (1) do some squats; (2) do some calf raises; (3) do some plyos; or (4) eat a damn sandwich. 

Might have to go back to Kobe 8s. For what it's worth, the Kobe 9 traction is on par with the Kobe 8, in my opinion. 
These are interesting and a novelty, but they are no 8. They are fun to play around in but the gimmick wears off quick. IMO they are not a game changer like I consider the 8. Last year gave ballers two of the most memorable performance shoes Ive seen in a long time from nike. The 8 and the xx8. These dont hold candle to either.

Really when you sit and think about it these just pretend to be a lot of things they arent, for example:
1. They do not play like a low. period, you can tell yourself whatever they just flat dont,
2. The major selling point besides point 1, they are flyknit..... well, NO...actually they arent flyknit. They have a flyknit veneer. Could have built the same shoe with a fuse frame like the 8 and probably made it lighter by using the EM.... but nope, had to veneer the flyknit over to trick people into believing they really made a flyknit bball shoe. Im sorry but this is the one that bothers me the most, its a flat out lie.

Anyways, like I said its was an interesting idea and they are fun to play and also a good conversation piece but of all of the 9 shoes in his line to me this one is the most forgettable, with respect to performance, of the last 5 years. As far as im concerned its a step back.
To each their own though. If you all think its the GOAT more power to you

Last edited:
So I'm chilling... eating a hot pocket and bbq chips while I charge these by a lamp lol .. now the laces are swapped and charged whoot but how do you guys get them to glow in pics. . Smh?

Some of you guys need to : (1) do some squats; (2) do some calf raises; (3) do some plyos; or (4) eat a damn sandwich. 
Iwas thinking this and I consider myself skinny (6'6" 190). Do some you guys go out of your way to avoid exercise. Holy crap :lol:

Last edited:
Kobe 8 was not a game changer

It looked great but I found they fit kinda loose and they played too much like a running shoe

I prefer the Kobe IV or Kobe V in the low top models

I think the Kobe 9 plays differently than any shoes I can presently think about

Maybe they sit like the original Hyperdunk but the fit is way more flexible and they play really close to the ground

Kobe 8 was not a game changer

It looked great but I found they fit kinda loose and they played too much like a running shoe

I prefer the Kobe IV or Kobe V in the low top models

I think the Kobe 9 plays differently than any shoes I can presently think about

Maybe they sit like the original Hyperdunk but the fit is way more flexible and they play really close to the ground
i definitely thought the 8 took it a step farther. took it very low to the ground still stable though in the heel, i did not experence the loose problem. I generally dont because I death lace my shoes. Thats also a problem with the 9 uunitl I put in the LBJXI insert.

My two favorites of the line are the 6 and the 8

Last edited:
Lmao I left and y'all had an argument about my pants? :rofl:

They were just tapered cargo pants with a slight cuff at the bottom. Those were on discount at forever 21, 3 years ago before all the jogger/yoga pants nonsense. It was $13, I couldn't pass it up :lol:

My wife called these the Kobe UGGs. She took out her UGGs to compare and they were the same damn height. She got me. lol.

Also, I told my wife I bought the MP's for $300 yesterday. I came home today and she was sitting at the computer with the NT page on and she saw my post that said I bought for $350. smh. Caught up. I should've just told her the truth. lol She's cool tho. She didn't trip for that long. Now I gotta cop her a GS pair in the Kobe MP "UGG" next Saturday she says.

Anyway, here are some shots on foot.

Nice. My wife don't even know about Nike Talk. Don't know how she would react to it. She be like so you are talking about shoes to a bunch of people you don't know.

yeah that's another thing. But for most people it's about comfort although a lot of kids here in Niketalk are just fad chasers. It's so easy to spot a wanna be and most of them are wearing the ASGs. Just scroll back past few pages

Some of y'all just look for stuff to whine about.

The slim/tailored sweats were established as fashionable at least 3 years back by Marc Jacobs, not sneakerheads.

It's not a crime for people to want to be trendy and take part in up to date fashion.

Them dipset velour suit days are gone, let it go.

These are interesting and a novelty, but they are no 8. They are fun to play around in but the gimmick wears off quick. IMO they are not a game changer like I consider the 8. Last year gave ballers two of the most memorable performance shoes Ive seen in a long time from nike. The 8 and the xx8. These dont hold candle to either.

Really when you sit and think about it these just pretend to be a lot of things they arent, for example:
1. They do not play like a low. period, you can tell yourself whatever they just flat dont,
2. The major selling point besides point 1, they are flyknit..... well, NO...actually they arent flyknit. They have a flyknit veneer. Could have built the same shoe with a fuse frame like the 8 and probably made it lighter by using the EM.... but nope, had to veneer the flyknit over to trick people into believing they really made a flyknit bball shoe. Im sorry but this is the one that bothers me the most, its a flat out lie.

Anyways, like I said its was an interesting idea and they are fun to play and also a good conversation piece but of all of the 9 shoes in his line to me this one is the most forgettable, with respect to performance, of the last 5 years. As far as im concerned its a step back.
To each their own though. If you all think its the GOAT more power to you
that's exactly how I feel. Def worth it for the aesthetics of the shoe, but I would say there are at least 2 nike bball shoes that are better, maybe more (performance wise). I can't wait for the Kobe 9 lows to drop. At this point I would prefer them to be engineered mesh despite everyone hoping for Flyknit in the low. I'm pretty sure they would have to use the hypderfuse frame again in those so that would be pointless.

Flyknit was def a marketing gimmick, evident by the hyperfuse that had to be used underneath. And the collar is intrusive in my opinion. I get a lot of looks, compliments and questions on the court and I tell everyone the same thing: the Kobe 9 is a cool shoe but I prefer the Kobe 8 from a purely basketball perspective. I don't really look at money when getting basketball shoes bc I like quality performers, but you can't forget that Kobe 8's and Kobe 9 lows are significantly cheaper and better performers. That last statement is an assumption about the 9 lows, but based on the pics, they are the same as Kobe 8 but with a different midsole and heel counter, so I expect similarity. 

Lmao I left and y'all had an argument about my pants?
roll.gif

They were just tapered cargo pants with a slight cuff at the bottom. Those were on discount at forever 21, 3 years ago before all the jogger/yoga pants nonsense. It was $13, I couldn't pass it up
laugh.gif
Corny, poorly executed. Expected better from you. The DB 3's are wack to me regardless.
sure thing antidope

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you guys, the MP look more grown/casual, the ASGs are more streetwear, if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom