THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
They probably could drop though. After looking at the calendar of colorways people are leaking, it seems like Nike isn't gonna keep the Kobe IX all that prestige. I would think and hope Nike would overkill the lows like they did with the 8's but looks like they're not holding back in trying to maximize their profit on the elites. Look at how many colorways the elite IX's are getting. 8 and counting. Sheesh.

Last edited:

As far as I know, Nick Young leaked the picture and dubbed them Precisions on his IG. Might be told by a nike rep or something about the name/colorway. No idea if they are releasing though. 

haha.  those ARE NOT going to be called Precisions!!   those are PEs

you have to watch some videos of Nick Young to know what he means by that.  instead of saying "dope", he says "precision" about anything he likes.  so he was just saying that the shoes are dope

here's video proof

Finally got my MPs here to korea. Love them but wish there was a little bit more purple in the flyknit.
Nice! btw you live exactly where my brother lives I am going there soon any places I should hit up or are there no shoe stores there?

looked through the last few pages and didn't find an answer to this, how do these fit?

didn't like the GUMBO pics initially so i skipped them, but seeing all the beautiful pics in here is making me regret it big time

from that leaked photo of the bruce leeroys 
happy.gif
... Are they the exact same outsole on the elites? Looks like it and it would be cost effective for Nike to not chang them, but if so that sucks. The Kobe 9 outsole performance wise is definitely a step back from the Kobe 8 with the carbon fiber mid-foot shank. I can feel the decreased structural rigidity on the court. I really hope there is a surprise on the lows but I can't find any pics of the bottom and doubt Nike would add something in the lower end shoe that's missing from the Elite model.

looked through the last few pages and didn't find an answer to this, how do these fit?

didn't like the GUMBO pics initially so i skipped them, but seeing all the beautiful pics in here is making me regret it big time

They fit TTS. Long at the toebox, so if you want a snug fit AND you have narrow feet then size down .5

I don't mind the all black but the quality of the lace sucks. Mine are super stretched out from a few weeks wear. If I decide to keep I might pull the Kevlar laces from my lebron elite IX and throw em on I hate laces that stretch out do quick
THIS.

Those are the 25 Cent Laces from Dollar General they threw in there.

They could've atleast given it the same material laces of the Sulfur 8's OR the laces that the Kobe 8 EXT's had on them.

Those Thick Satin Laces give the sneaks some all-around character...

I love my mp's but more tongue issues, anyone get annoyed by the squeaking noise when you walk if you don't have the laces tied all the way up?

54' inch laces are NOT sufficient length if you plan to do a lace swap, the laces only reach to the last hole before the tongue/upper part. Just FYI

54' inch laces are NOT sufficient length if you plan to do a lace swap, the laces only reach to the last hole before the tongue/upper part. Just FYI
yeah 63 is the minimum...  I did a couple measurements before I bought some alternate laces. 63" work for me on a 9.5. I'm pretty sure a 72" would work on sizes 13 or above.. (assumption)

Last edited:
yeah 63 is the minimum...  I did a couple measurements before I bought some alternate laces. 63" work for me on a 9.5. I'm pretty sure a 72" would work on sizes 13 or above.. (assumption)

Until which lace hole does the 63' inch go? Assuming you tie the laces slightly tight (for casual wear. I want to be able to get it to reach through the 2nd told on the top but still have a good amount of lace left over. 72?

Missed out on the MP's because I wasn't paying attention to the thread...is the 400+ price what I should expect to pay or can these be had/found somewhere for less?

Thanks.

I'm stoked that these will start to come in size 12.5 starting next month. I need that .5 size down badly

photos of my lace swap..  Def like the Masterpiece better with these laces. The NRG Volt pair look ok, but I think I prefer a black lace with some sort of pattern on it, but I can't find anything close to what I'm looking for. Don't mind the pictures.. lighting sucks in my condo and I didn't want to go outside to take better pictures. These laces are wayyy better quality than what the shoes come with. They are 63" and lace up to the 2nd hole on the collar. You can see how much length is left for "tying."

and one last pic of the lace swap on the battle scarred shoes that I primarily ball in. The blue checkered laces the blitz blues came with were way too ******* long. Even tucked in they were flopping all over the court like lebron. So got a different color and a little shorter. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom