THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Cool guy? Yeah cuz that's the award I'm goin for lol..Smh

Bud, u can't base someone elses experience on whether or not to buy a damn shoe bcuz for 1, you are not him, meaning your feet/legs/body are gonna have different reactions to this shoe.

Unless u two are twins??

And even that wouldn't justify an accurate assessment..

Bottom line, if u wanna know, get them and TRY THEM. If u don't like them, guess what u can do buttercup?

Sell/Return them..Like duh.

Buttercup? Hey, only your mom can call me that. Cut it out. Lol

I don't really want to be THATguy - you know, the one selling VVVVVNDS kicks, saying "Only tried on once". I'd prefer not to sell used kicks at or above retail (because that's BS), nor do I want to take a $20-30 loss for wearing shoes I just balled in once.

As for Nightwing - well, his reviews have been pretty accurate for me. I'm ok with trying to gather as much info about a shoe before making my decision.

Newb question: Technically speaking, what is fuse? I always thought it was the plastic like on the KD VIs, but I guess I'm wrong because I don't see any of that inside the upper around the laces. It feels more like a tighter weave than the flyknit veneer claims.

Reactions: lyl
As a guy that keeps most of his stuff DS and doesn't wear a ton of it (this Buffalo weather pattern really messes with the shoe game), I'm glad these are a bit different and it actually makes me wear them in a performance sense. So many of the 8's in my opinion look good wearing other things that I have a really limited time frame to wear them (if I wear them at all). These for me are in-gym, on-court shoes that potentially get busted out on the sidelines when I coach. 

As far as performance, I am a low top guy through and through. Playing college vball, I never wanted anything remotely touching my ankles (braces, tape, etc.) because my lateral movement would be restricted. I like how the IX's play out comfort and traction wise, but I still am having a problem cutting and rolling to the basket in these the way I'm used to. I'm sure I'll get used to it in some point, but it's just different for me now. Not a bad thing, just different. 

Buttercup tho

Buttercup 
roll.gif

Bigj505 ok..

Truce..

Moving along..

I feel u on the not grabbing a pair bcuz of your grown man steez, bcuz Im the same way..

BUT!!! I told myself I'd grab at least 1 of the highs just bcuz they're so nice, and different..

And bcuz those Perspectives are just beautiful to me.

Last edited:
illest35 illest35 - I cant honestly say its my "grown man" thing tho. I just have historically hated HIGHs and these are extreme in my opinion. im a mid type of guy with lows sprinkled in. Heck, I didn't do lows until the Kobe line to be honest. Something about me having really skinny ankles that made my feet look really long when I was a kid... :lol:

Bigj

I wish I had skinny ankles

My small body frame doesn't match my legs/ankles

I'm only 174-177 depending on the time of day/food intake

But God blessed/cursed me with over exaggerated calfs/cankles

Ive always gotten down with lows tho so it's whatev

I am hating the 9s so far for the fact that they're too good first the 8s now the 9s nike gonna empty my pockets :frown:

Newb question: Technically speaking, what is fuse? I always thought it was the plastic like on the KD VIs, but I guess I'm wrong because I don't see any of that inside the upper around the laces. It feels more like a tighter weave than the flyknit veneer claims.
This is Nike's explanation on fuse: http://help-en-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34742/p/3897. It's basically the tough plastic-like material that borders the posite parts on the Lebron XIs if you own a pair, and the upper on the Lebron Xs was also mostly made of fuse plus mesh. I think the toecap and outer border of the Kobe 8 upper was also made of fuse to reinforce the EM.

I don't think the inner "shell" of the IXs is made of fuse, more like a very thin layer of TPU in order to give the flyknit some structure. I think some people might be using fuse/TPU/plastic interchangeably since they're all in that same class, but fuse would make things feel even tougher and more inflexible. I know there have been some complaints about the upper not being completely flyknit, but I still think they did a pretty good job with the flyknit upper on the IXs, all things considered. I just have very serious concerns about the shoe retaining its shape over a long period if it was purely flyknit, though I'm sure Nike is probably working toward that eventually, which would be cool to see.

since we're all just babbling and i finally caught up on all the pages. For the member that the pair Nick Young posted on his IG calling them Precision, face it, regardless if that's Nick Young's way of saying "dope", these have been and will be called PRECISION if they were drop. Even if they have a colorway name, people will still call them Precisions. I still call the All Star Game IX's Maestros or All Star. Feels strange for me to call them Devotion. 

do you guys think the chances the "inspirations" will sell out faster then asg or mp. or will be easier to cop. I just want them to hoop in. lol

Back
Top Bottom