THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
So I got mine today the shoe is really amazing the details are crazy really good job by nike

They are just too damn high for me, I thought I could roll down the sock thingy and rock em but it's extremely uncomfortable like that

I'm glad I didn't size down they are mad tight on the sides if anything I should've went 11.5

Debating on whether to sell them I paid 340 I don't even care if I take a little bit of loss and got most of my money back but the shoe is really dope I just don't know if I can pull them off the high cut doesn't work for me

If they stood with the sample cut we saw I think these would be out of this world

One thing I don't get is the use of flyknit I really don't understand why they used that considering they had to put a thicker material underneath to make the flyknit sturdy

Really torn on if I should keep them

So I got mine today the shoe is really amazing the details are crazy really good job by nike

They are just too damn high for me, I thought I could roll down the sock thingy and rock em but it's extremely uncomfortable like that

I'm glad I didn't size down they are mad tight on the sides if anything I should've went 11.5

Debating on whether to sell them I paid 340 I don't even care if I take a little bit of loss and got most of my money back but the shoe is really dope I just don't know if I can pull them off the high cut doesn't work for me

If they stood with the sample cut we saw I think these would be out of this world

One thing I don't get is the use of flyknit I really don't understand why they used that considering they had to put a thicker material underneath to make the flyknit sturdy

Really torn on if I should keep them
If u gave me a bucket of grease and 7 sticks of butter i couldnt get them on my feet until i dropped the lacing to ankle level

If u gave me a bucket of grease and 7 sticks of butter i couldnt get them on my feet until i dropped the lacing to ankle level

Yeah I had to unlace them far down to get them on

These are probably perfect for balling I just don't see the casual use in them at all

The details are top notch though the glow is ridiculous it's like a flashlight

Probably gonna sell them and get the prelude 5

All you dudes crying about just wanting to hoop in a quality shoe but not being able to because of limited availability are funny.

I'm sure most of you still own a lot of Kobe 8s

Two of the highest rated new shoes are the Melos and Brons which are very available.

Venomenom, crusaders etc.

There's tons of shoes you can play in until you get your hands on a less sought after color Kobe 9.

Keep it real, you dudes just wanna play/be seen in the limited c/w's and think because you're hooping, you deserving it more than the casual wearers who have no loyalty to the Kobe line.

I realized that the Nike marketing machine totally got me.  I was thinking things like "hey I should just try for every Kobe 9 release just in case I don't get the one I want and then trade or sell one to get the one I want."  This is totally ridiculous thinking and I got caught up in it because of the limited release etc.  It also gets me thinking that when really easy general releases come out, I'm going to get them too because I have pleasure in spending $225 because Nike allowed me to do it so easily!  Nike has crazy marketing game.  What we should really be thinking is "Why the heck do I want this shoe?" and "If I can't get them, oh well, Nike missed out on my money" but noooooo I'm thinking I'm gonna buy everything I can get access to!

I mentioned that earlier chasoe.

Only idiots think like that and nike doesnt have to market anything becuase hypebeasts and the new sneaker buyers nowadays overhype,overrate,overtalk overpreview and overbuy most new shoes coming out even if a gr.That leads to 85% of shoes nowdays selling out even when they shouldnt.

Last edited:
I think Limited GR means that all the retail channels can get them, but they are in limited quantities.

That's how the KD Meteorology was. Everywhere but 1 per size. The Kobe's from what I'm gathering is the opposite. Lots of pairs but few stores.

Think I'm a pass on the blue and get the grey. Found these pics on eBay. I like them and I don't at the same time.
It would look better if it was something like this ....

nike-manny-2011-summer-footwear-collection-4.jpg

Those KD's were everywhere and sat also.

Dude where are you getting that these will just be at a few stores?

Have you seen the launch locators?

Last edited:
Yeah and I'm in the DMV. There not a GR. I don't know how else to explain it. Bowie, Forestville, ect are not getting them. Therefor it's not a GR. PG Plaza, Annapolis and the other places that carry limited TLO releases have them. That's it.

Last edited:
Yeah and I'm in the DMV. Their not a GR. I don't know how else to explain it. Bowie, Forestville, ect are not getting them. Therefor it's not a GR. PG Plaza, Annapolis and the other places that carry limited TLO releases have them. That's it.

You've been saying this all week but it's not really true.

Columbia and Arundel have them and they don't get anything.

These are more available than Melos are in this area and those are GRs.

The point is if you do your homework you can get them.

Last edited:
I realized that the Nike marketing machine totally got me.  I was thinking things like "hey I should just try for every Kobe 9 release just in case I don't get the one I want and then trade or sell one to get the one I want."  This is totally ridiculous thinking and I got caught up in it because of the limited release etc.  It also gets me thinking that when really easy general releases come out, I'm going to get them too because I have pleasure in spending $225 because Nike allowed me to do it so easily!  Nike has crazy marketing game.  What we should really be thinking is "Why the heck do I want this shoe?" and "If I can't get them, oh well, Nike missed out on my money" but noooooo I'm thinking I'm gonna buy everything I can get access to!

Ok. Sounds like you fell victim to Nike's "Hype Machine".

The stores the Inspirations are releasing at are kind of weird.

They're releasing at stores in the area that I have no clue how they handle releases. I was sort of cold on these, but I want to know how the other ones release :nerd:

Means around Kobe 9 ASG numbers or more.

You should have no problem getting a pair if you want them.
More

These are at more stores around here

Last edited:
To everyone involved in the GR/Limited GR convo, you have to realize that Kobe's also just aren't as widely produced or (except for very limited colorways) demanded as Lebrons and KDs. There's a reason Kobe only did $50 million in US sales last year compared to $175 for KD or $300 for Lebron. It's not that his sneakers sit everywhere, they're just not made and released as widely.

So these may very well be what Nike would consider a GR for a Kobe. For example, the one FTL around me that ever gets Kobe's is getting these. They DID NOT get the ASG and definitely did not get the MPs. To me this seems like most of the 8 releases last year. Maybe they're not EVERYWHERE, but they're definitely not particularly limited.

You've been saying this all week but it's not really true.

Columbia and Arundel have them and they don't get anything.

These are more available than Melos are in this area and those are GRs.

The point is if you do your homework you can get them.

Places that get nothing have these but places like Bowie that gets everything and has had every Kobe 1-8 isn't. I stated before it's a weird release. We'll see come Sat. I'll stick by JMs word that every Elite is somewhat limited until proven otherwise. Nike has people so confused that the meaning of GR has changed because a previous hard to get TLO is a little more available. If these are a GR then what do we call a shoe all FTLs get? Lol

Last edited:
lol...  I wish the detail release next. I don't care at all about the perspectives, but I'm drawn into their release to get a pair for my friend that has a harder time getting them at his location

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom