THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
It seems like Nike and Footlocker are hyping up the Perspectives with this last commercial. In the last few seconds of the commercial you see that they are coming out with jacket/socks/shirts/shorts for the shoes too. I wonder why none of the other shoes got this kind of treatment.

Can someone clear this up for me? Why is Nike branding these shoes elite? On the Kobe 8s they did regular general releases first and then they did the superhero elites and black and gold elites at a higher price. In a way that was like the peak of the kobe 8 release. This time they release elites first and 6+ colorways. Now it seems like the lows have taken a back seat to the process. I have my theories but I want to know your thoughts.

1. Nike saw that the elites didn't sell well and decided to release them first this time so people had money to buy.

2. Kobe won't be wearing the lows this year so the high is his "signature" shoe.

3. The lows are going to be treated like lebrons lows. Just a secondary shoe for people who don't like the highs.

It seems like Nike and Footlocker are hyping up the Perspectives with this last commercial. In the last few seconds of the commercial you see that they are coming out with jacket/socks/shirts/shorts for the shoes too. I wonder why none of the other shoes got this kind of treatment.
these are a real GR. Only one store got the kobes in my mall. For this release 3 stores will be getting them in my mall

I honestly hope the font do the faux fly knit on the lows it's pointless and I for one think it adds unnecessary weight to the shoe. The em only utilized a fuse skeleton cage while the elite the whole damn back surface is covered in fuse making the shoes suffocatingly hot. The fly knit is completely for looks in this shoe. And is a step back rather than progression

Inspirations seem to be sitting at $300 on eBay. You guys think they'll drop lower this weekend?

all in on those lows, thank god they dropping lows soon because I can't rock the elite 9, love the flynkit though

i'm cool with EM lows, better than nothing at this point for me

Yea I know.  I ordered a 9.5 on release day at 7:45am.  They cancelled my order a couple days ago.

And now they are back on DSG as available.
Good looks, bigj! Grabbed my size 14
pimp.gif

Now the wait begins to see if DSG actually ships them... or cancels.

Yea I know.  I ordered a 9.5 on release day at 7:45am.  They cancelled my order a couple days ago.

And now they are back on DSG as available.
i ordered last saturday, size 14. STILL waiting on shipment confirmation

This...with the traction and lockdown for the elites I am definitely hoping this all carries over to the lows...although from the looks of these pics the EM don't have carbon fiber but then again neither did the 8s until the elites dropped...I actually like the back of these...I am in a different boat from many though because I am using these primarily to hoop in so aesthetics take a back seat to performance
all kobe 8 had carbon fiber in the shank. only the 8 elites had carbon fiber for the heel counter.

There has been no words/leaks or speculations that there are MP lows, and I can bet all my kobes that there won't be a MP low.
Thats probably true, but I am just holding on to the possibility that there will be flyknit version of the lows not the ones we've seen. Basically a low version of the highs except maybe in different colours or something. 

@zakuza86  did you opt for beefier laces to keep them a bit tighter?  Or just for durability?  Just curious why as I've been thinking about doing the same.

The lows look pretty good but I'm a little concerned about heel lockdown/stability after wearing the elite 9.

Flywire, the new insert and the new traction pattern are both nice additions, but I don't think there's much more in this 9 low that would make me purchase since I already have a few 8s

Perspectives look like they got the GR treatment. Plentiful.

Sorry to disappoint you but that wasn't carbon fiber.
Elites had carbon fiber errything. Well thats what they tell us. No way of proving it was actually carbon fiber. shank and heel. and bullet proof laces. If your ever in a tight spot just untie your shoes and wrap the laces around yourself.

i kid.

Order confirmation and Order processing emails received so far from DSG for the Inspirations.

Now the fun begins... :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom