THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Man, I'm so up and down with the Inspirations. In certain pics, like the most recent, they definitely have the annual del-sol vibe to em. I really thought so in the pic someone posted of them with the Sulfurs. They just don't do it in person. Wish they weren't moving and could be found for discount down line. Would definitely cop then, lol.
Believe me I am having this same problem and unfortunately I have them in hand.

1. Masterpiece
2. Inspiration
3. Detail (might move to 2 when I have in hand)
4. Maestro
5. Black NRG
6. Perspective
7. White NRG

At kicksonfire they posted a photo of the socalled "draft day" kobe 9 which is light grey with Charlotte hornets color accents, reminding kobe being drafted by Charlotte back in 1996.
They look quite nice and i wonder they will be released too.

I finally had a chance to try out my IXs last night so here is my quick review:

*back funny story, around same time Kobe went down I went down with a broken ankle (my dumbarss was wearing Jordan Alpha 1s, never again) so I was out 6 months on crutches and healing. I came back and have been wearing an ankle brace ever since. I was looking forward to ditching that and that these IX's will be that support I need.

To confirm, for me at least, the answer is YES. I was very happy with the support and ditched the brace all together.

Notes:

-My laces did not rip, however it does feel if I pull real hard that it could over time.

-My shozoku (sheath) on the tongue did not scratch off or show signs of wear, however its constantly on my mind (but something I got to get over eventually that nike will not fix lol)

-My ankle felt great after, usually there is stiffness in my achillis or ball joint, but post and this morning I feel like I can go again

-*I swapped out the standard insert for my ELITE 8 insert with heel zoom so I am not sure how it would have felt without it, so I may run again tonight putting original inserts back in.

Hope this is helpful for anyone, now I have friends who say "its a hard transition from 8s" and "I don't like how they feel on court yet", everyone will have different experiences, just wanted to share mine. Overall happiness 9.5/10! :smile:
Definitely don't substitute the kobe 9 collar for an ankle brace. Especially if you're coming off of a broken ankle. You should be playing with an ankle brace that has the figure 8 straps at the minimum to support the joint AND lateral forces. Doctors all say 4-6 weeks after ankle sprains, but ankle sprains won't feel right for a good 6 months and won't be anywhere close to as strong as the other ankle. Obviously a broken ankle will take longer than a sprain. Even playing with a little pain and thinking it's nothing can lead to chronic ankle pain for life. F that.

Last edited:

Definitely don't substitute the kobe 9 collar for an ankle brace. Especially if you're coming off of a broken ankle. You should be playing with an ankle brace that has the figure 8 straps at the minimum to support the joint AND lateral forces. Doctors all say 4-6 weeks after ankle sprains, but ankle sprains won't feel right for a good 6 months and won't be anywhere close to as strong as the other ankle. Obviously a broken ankle will take longer than a sprain. Even playing with a little pain and thinking it's nothing can lead to chronic ankle pain for life. F that.
Take this guy's advice. I'm in my 20's with old man ankles. Sometimes it feels numb, other times it feels like my ankle is gettin' stabbed when I get outta bed. Take precautions with that ankle.

If the lows look like any of the leaked pics we've seen so far, I don't get why anyone would think they are a must have.  They look plain and simple to me.  Not something I need to add to the collection... unless there was a purple fade version :smile:

If the lows look like any of the leaked pics we've seen so far, I don't get why anyone would think they are a must have.  They look plain and simple to me.  Not something I need to add to the collection... unless there was a purple fade version :smile:
^^This is real talk.

no, i wouldnt say a broken ankle takes longer to heal than a sprained ankle. I had a severe sprained ankle where I couldn't play basketball at the my fullest potential, making hard cuts and jumping without worrying until a year after. My doctor said I would have been better off breaking the ankle. 

im not arguing the recovery time for sprain ankle vs broken ankle, im just saying if you had a sprained ankle, you may not feel right for about a year like I did. 

Are you planning to wear them for casual purposes only? I plan on hoopin in mine only and from the looks of it they will be just as much of a beast on the court as the elites...that's why I am excited about them. If they were for casual purposes only mmm probably not

ha they suck have no originallity hypebeast colorway I am going with the perspective my favorite shoe been waiting for a while now
No offense but SLH does have originality as they have been around as the first time I  ever saw them were the Lebron 6, and we're at the 11th model now so thats 5 years of the SLH colorway. Any "bright"  colorway can be considered hypebeast so lets not throw that term out so loosely. The SLH have a good colorway and it the same as the Draft Days and a slight variation to the Jordan grape colorway.

no, i wouldnt say a broken ankle takes longer to heal than a sprained ankle. I had a severe sprained ankle where I couldn't play basketball at the my fullest potential, making hard cuts and jumping without worrying until a year after. My doctor said I would have been better off breaking the ankle. 

im not arguing the recovery time for sprain ankle vs broken ankle, im just saying if you had a sprained ankle, you may not feel right for about a year like I did. 
I was just trying to give solid advice so that his ankle could heel correctly. And yes, broken bones in a broken ankle take longer to heal that torn ligaments in a sprained ankle. And most sprained ankles aren't even a grade 3 which means the injured ligaments in the ankle hasn't even ruptured. I have never heard a doctor say that. Broken ankles require surgery and then immobilization (walking boot) for at least 4 weeks and then physical rehab. Sprained ankles 98% of the time don't really require anything except for rest. But PT does help with them. Anyways, point is, if anyone has injured their ankle previously, it will be significantly weak for a long time, so use a brace with the Kobe 9 
glasses.gif

medial sides match, but from the outside and front they look like two different shoes. One yellow, one orange. Just glad I didn't get too much green.

I noticed on the NDC calendar the color listed for the GS Elites releasing 3/22 is for the Details in men. I wonder if it's a different shoe or just slight color changes for the GS pairs.

Back
Top Bottom