THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

why are you mad people are doggin on the lows? It almost seems like you're constantly defending them. You don't have to change everyone's opinion man. It is what it is. If people are new to this forum because they like the high tops, then let them enjoy it. Don't try to single them out as people who are on a "hype train". That's one of the great things about the 9.. the fact that it's different! Something for everyone.
Very Well Said.
nthat.gif

Last edited:
QUICK ON COURT REVIEW

[COLOR=#red]Fit: 9.5/10[/COLOR]
Almost perfect. A little bit of heel slip, but I think it will go away when they're broken in. Either way, nothing too serious

[COLOR=#red]Comfort: 10/10[/COLOR]
Think about how awesome the 8's are, and think beyond. These are crazy comfortable. As I've mentioned in previous posts, the tongue is a tad thicker (not paper thin like the 8's), and it makes a world of a difference. The tongue reminds me of the kobe 6.

The insoles in these are thicker than the Kobe 8 and it feels like you're walking on a cloud.

[COLOR=#red]Traction: 15/10[/COLOR] :smokin
Srs..
They treated the gym floor at my local YMCA with some terrible liquid, and now everyone complains about traction. It's now garbage. I was slipping like crazy in the 8's just last week, as well as my 6's, 5's and 4's.. It flat out sucks. I wasn't expecting it to be any better with kobe's foot print on the sole, but TRUST ME, the traction is insane. The same floor that I was sliding on last week, was squeaking with these shoes. 15/10 is the appropriate rating.

Sizing: TRUE TO SIZE. Whatever you got in the Kobe 8, you get in the Kobe 9. Do not go half a size down like the elite models.

Overall.. this shoe is my favourite. As you all know, I ball in ALL of my shoes (jordan's, kobe's, etc) on the court.. I may break out a shoe here and there for the outdoors, but that's not me. Anyways.. I had the 6 at a slight advantage over the 8's (just because I love zoom), but the 9's have just blown me away.

Any other questions just ask. I think I covered the basics.

I'm really thinking about grabbing a pair of EM Lows... especially when I already have the 8s. Will probably just get Flyknit Lows if ever they do drop.

To be honest, it's hard to resist the Bruce Lees. But I must sit this one out. SMFH.

Copped the lows yesterday for 135 and did a lace swap on em. Took the laces from Pythons 8s for them View media item 891215Hopefully they come out with some mid tops or something cause those elites are just TOO high for me. Theyre still nice tho

So that draft day colourway is the superhero one correct?
I wonder if Kobe and PJ Tucker are homies

Nah, if they were he probably would have gifted him one of those Black/White/Silver PEs. Apparently he gave a pair to Rudy Gay who I assume gave it to Demar Derozan. I got this info from promotagged lol.

Unfortunately I'm only able to play once a week lately and it's on carpet...... DO NOT USE KOBE 8s or KOBE 9 EM ON CARPET! Ha it's pretty obvious you shouldn't but just wanted to let y'all know they will get holes from the friction with the carpet! I can show pics of my 8s later! I only used them like 2 or 3 times and they were done! [emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128553[/emoji]

Also, can't stop staring at these man. I might just keep em on ice foreva eva.

View media item 891272

keep on ice forever?

If a shoe is beautiful, wouldn't you want to... WEAR them?
You only live once bro, it's highly unlikely that anyone will cut through a pair of shoe especially within this forum.

We got tons of sneakers and unless you ball regularly, those details will look fresh years from now from casual use.

Unfortunately I'm only able to play once a week lately and it's on carpet...... DO NOT USE KOBE 8s or KOBE 9 EM ON CARPET! Ha it's pretty obvious you shouldn't but just wanted to let y'all know they will get holes from the friction with the carpet! I can show pics of my 8s later! I only used them like 2 or 3 times and they were done! [emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128553[/emoji]

Last edited:
QUICK ON COURT REVIEW

Fit: 9.5/10
Almost perfect. A little bit of heel slip, but I think it will go away when they're broken in. Either way, nothing too serious

Comfort: 10/10
Think about how awesome the 8's are, and think beyond. These are crazy comfortable. As I've mentioned in previous posts, the tongue is a tad thicker (not paper thin like the 8's), and it makes a world of a difference. The tongue reminds me of the kobe 6.

The insoles in these are thicker than the Kobe 8 and it feels like you're walking on a cloud.

Traction: 15/10
smokin.gif

Srs..
They treated the gym floor at my local YMCA with some terrible liquid, and now everyone complains about traction. It's now garbage. I was slipping like crazy in the 8's just last week, as well as my 6's, 5's and 4's.. It flat out sucks. I wasn't expecting it to be any better with kobe's foot print on the sole, but TRUST ME, the traction is insane. The same floor that I was sliding on last week, was squeaking with these shoes. 15/10 is the appropriate rating.

Sizing: TRUE TO SIZE. Whatever you got in the Kobe 8, you get in the Kobe 9. Do not go half a size down like the elite models.

Overall.. this shoe is my favourite. As you all know, I ball in ALL of my shoes (jordan's, kobe's, etc) on the court.. I may break out a shoe here and there for the outdoors, but that's not me. Anyways.. I had the 6 at a slight advantage over the 8's (just because I love zoom), but the 9's have just blown me away.

Any other questions just ask. I think I covered the basics.
The kobe 9 uses lunarlon instead of zoom technology?

The kobe 9 uses lunarlon instead of zoom technology?
yes , starting from last year kobe 8,  he switched from zoom to lunarlon.   Though the kobe 8s for some models had zoom (elite or nike + versions)

but basically the answer to your question is yes. 

Last edited:
keep on ice forever?

If a shoe is beautiful, wouldn't you want to... WEAR them?
You only live once bro, it's highly unlikely that anyone will cut through a pair of shoe especially within this forum.

We got tons of sneakers and unless you ball regularly, those details will look fresh years from now from casual use.

For whatever reason the "Detail" just look like a pair of dirty socks to me. Lol

I know some of you think they are trash, but I love them and just bought them on footlocker.eu.

And I found today the official photos of NDC, it seems there will be a larger release after all...

Last edited:

I know some of you think they are trash, but I love them and just bought them on footlocker.eu.

And I found today the official photos of NDC, it seems there will be a larger release after all...
would be great to see how they look on foot. still not 100% its not an april fool joke, ha, these are out there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom