THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
The gold swoosh is what seals the deal on the Elite Golds.  I want them, but not sure if I'll buy them, but probably will lol!

Really happy with Nike comin thru with all this good stuff.  I don't worry about what I can't get and what is super exclusive or unattainable in the US.  Most of the time, the Euros and Aussies have to fight hard for what we get on shelves here.  Plus, most of us have way too many sneakers to worry about not getting a couple colorways that came out overseas.  When you feel bad about what you can't get, go look at all the heat in your closet!

My OG pair of The Kobe just came in. Thought I would do a quick comparison. Almost a 15 year difference between these shoes
eek.gif

After seeing that pic of the gold pair, I'm buying them
mean.gif
My girl will be leaving me soon.
Digging the comparison. I love the original adidas Kobe. I remember being in 5th wanting a pair so bad. Great comparison.

roll.gif
I feel your pain. I told myself no more after the Detail, and as a Laker fan I'm getting the Showtimes. And now the gold Elites. 
mean.gif
 Nike

White Gold Elites remind me of dating Rogue from X-Men.

Sure she's a total smokeshow, but the second you touch her it's lights out, game over.

These beauties see the court and they'll never look as nice.  So thus begs the question...is the juice worth the squeeze?

All I know is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  I can already foresee the regret I'd experience down the line for passing on these romp stompers.
Good question.  I ran into the same issue with the Bamboo XX8.  Very white, still DS in closet.

Sure she's a total smokeshow, but the second you touch her it's lights out, game over.

These beauties see the court and they'll never look as nice.  So thus begs the question...is the juice worth the squeeze?

All I know is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  I can already foresee the regret I'd experience down the line for passing on these romp stompers.

Good question.  I ran into the same issue with the Bamboo XX8.  Very white, still DS in closet.
I would just use these for shooting around in the gym, and then use my Inspirations for game use.

View media item 907990
To much white for me any little smudge and these will get dirty quick

^^^^ I'm still rolling with them. A little dirt never killed me before.

But Yellowing on the soles do.

Does white Flyknit Yellow over time?  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Yeah I had dark jean stains on mine and I could lighten the stains, I used Jason Markk and some other solutions, however I could never get out the stains :x

View media item 765731 View media item 765730 View media item 765729
Exactly what I would be worried about .
I had this pair. Wore em one time, was probably the most careful I've ever been with a pair of shoes and they still got dirty as hell. On top of that, the dirt didn't come off, just smeared when I tried to clean it. White flyknit is a no go for me.

^^^^ I'm still rolling with them. A little dirt never killed me before.

But Yellowing on the soles do.

Does white Flyknit Yellow over time?  
laugh.gif

I agree,  esp if i decide to ball in my shoes, I just expect them to get dirty no matter what color.  Its not a big deal imo, its basketball..it happens.  playing indoors is not as bad also.     yellow soles though...
sick.gif

those runners above...do look impossible to keep clean though...i feel like white kobe flyknit wont be as bad (I hope)

Last edited:
:smh:

Nike, please stop making 9s. My heart and my wallet can't take anymore. Showtimes this weekend and now this white and gold pair......****

I actually can't wait for superheros now, Looking closer at that yellow/teal flyknit.... 
smokin.gif
 I like the color mixing on the flyknit. Too many black/white/grey pairs so far.

Still wondering how P.J. Tucker gets all these exclusives. This dude has been in and out the NBA, and is seeing his first real action this year finally as a full time starter and doesn't even average 10 points. By no means I am not hating at all, just wonder who in a position of power chose him and why?
I'm not sure where or how he gets all his PE's, but dude has had a serious sneaker obsession for a long time.  He's got more than 2000 pairs 
eek.gif

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/30/sports/basketball/nbas-hottest-rivalry-sneaker-collections.html

Not all about points. He's a good defensive player and can hit the three so you can't really leave him open. But I'm thinking the same thing why is he getting all the IX's. All we ever see is Iggy, Pj, Swaggy, DeRozan, not sure who else rocks these 9's. Just an odd bunch. All good players but really random.

The XDR's released here in Asia are definitely better for outdoor use. You can tell just by the feeling the outsole and comparing to a regular version - the XDR is less pliable and harder to the touch.

He's paid by Nike like the article said. Besides they need as many players to promote Kobe's shoe since he's been out practically the whole season.

Look at all the Nike schools that promoted the different lines. Details got even hotter after Julius Randle wore them for the Final Four.

But then again the damn resellers cop most of the pairs so us Kobe fans are still stuck paying their ransom, I mean prices.

It just sickens me to no end seeing the amount of shoes on ebay and CL and the markup on them.

There's no end in sight for us true fans and for that we pay the price.

Showtime is gonna be the same too. Snatched up by the resellers who prey on us who decides after RD that it's a must have, so if you're on the fence about them or any shoe in fact, just buy first and return them if you really don't like them instead of paying them reseller prices.

Back
Top Bottom