THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Showtine will be available for phone order ar compound gallery

@CompoundGallery: The Kobe IX Elite will be available at 11am PST, $225. Phone orders accepted after 3pm. 503.796.2733 http://t.co/3rXV2JPlwb

Last edited:
Can't wait to rock superhero elite on one foot and Brazil EM low on the other.

smokin.gif

Saving a lot of money this year.  Nike definitely is not putting out colorways that interest me.  All the patterns and bright colors mashed together.  Man, that combo rarely works for me.  All I want is a nice clean flyknit Kobe low black and white GR release. Similar to the FK HTM low without the 2k price tag.

How do the 9 lows fit compared to the 8? I got 12.5 on the 8. 
Yeah, as others have said, it'll vary.  Ordered a 12 in the 9 because I had heard they ran a tad big…12 is perfect for me, tho I'm sure I could manage a 12.5 also.  Usually wear 12.5 in all my other nikes including most  of my 8s and various trainers.  

Saving a lot of money this year.  Nike definitely is not putting out colorways that interest me.  All the patterns and bright colors mashed together.  Man, that combo rarely works for me.  All I want is a nice clean flyknit Kobe low black and white GR release. Similar to the FK HTM low without the 2k price tag.
agreed, the only pair I'm slightly tempted by so far is the upcoming black/crimson em's.…but the possibility of flyknit lows dropping in the states is making me want to hold off…all these other fruit by the foot cw's and the 9 elite model in general are laughable to me. 

knowing nike when they do drop flyknit lows it'll be in a bunch of cw's that don't even come close to competing with the milan release. trolling and manipulation of the US market has been very on point this year.

Last edited:
My first 9 low that I actually want is next weeks release but with concord lows dropping I'm gonna have to hold off on the 9s and I really like those too, def picking a pair up when I can I love the colors

Sizing is made even more difficult because of preference. Guys like a tight fit where their toe is touching the end so they say go half size down. Other people like a nice gap so they say go half size up or full size up.

A standard TTS fit allows about 3/8-1/2 inch of space between your big toe (or longest toe) and the end of the shoe.

The kobe 9 EM lows fit 100% TTS for regular-width foot people, going by the standard.

Last edited:
I agree 8s run tts. 9 low EM felt really good going 1/2 size down. Kobe 8 ss and kobe 9 easter amd bruce lee's were my comparisons.

Sizing is made even more difficult because of preference. Guys like a tight fit where their toe is touching the end so they say go half size down. Other people like a nice gap so they say go half size up or full size up.

A standard TTS fit allows about 3/8-1/2 inch of space between your big toe (or longest toe) and the end of the shoe.

The kobe 9 EM lows fit 100% TTS for regular-width foot people, going by the standard.

Agreed!

I have slightly wide mid-foot and they fit TTS just fine.

Read some people complaining about the Elite and ankle rub/cuts from the carbon fiber heel counter while hooping.  I ran into this yesterday afternoon when playing in my Showtimes for the first time.  I didn't have the problem in my Details or Perspectives though.  What I realized is that I didn't lace them up tight enough.  Once I adjusted the lacing, everything was gravy.  Hope this helps anyone running into that problem.  

Oh, and the HyperElite socks (as gimmicky as they are or not) work great for hooping in general, not just for the IX.  I need to give the Stance performance socks a try in the future.

For me personally the sizing of this shoe has been terrible for me. TTS give me some space but when i jump stop or make a jab step then take off i slide forward. When i got half size down im not slipping but there are situations where im hitting the end pretty good.  This would be on the highs. I tried on the lows and tts felt good but i didnt ball in em. People also use the shoe for different reasons so the advice may be different. I would almost say TTS for casual and for light balling. Then half size down for balling but it isnt as comfortable for casual use.

Back
Top Bottom