The Official Kobe X iD thread

I can just imagine how pissed everyone will be if these turn out painted like last year.

I'm praying that they aren't though for all our sakes!

I think we'll all be fine with the base colored uppers. I really want some Bruce Lee ID's but I'm pretty sure it's painted on but oh well part of me wants to order and just return if they are bad

i feel like it will come as seen (for most people, there will always be that smallish % that gets the scuffed/messed up stuff). My problem with it is that it'll definitely yellow, and I feel like that'd be a horrible look with the flyknit on the shoe.
Dang, the pair I got was so dark and dirty.  I had to do a immediate return.

For the midsoles.. I wonder how light the clear is, and how dark the black is.
I hope its crystal clear.

i always like to look at other people's creations. found this on SN. sneakernews.com/2015/06/29/15-incredible-designs-you-can-build-with-the-nikeid-kobe-10-elite/2/

Last edited:
Anyone ball in the USA's is there a performance difference between a gum sole and a solid sole? Asking for ID purposes

i always like to look at other people's creations. found this on SN. sneakernews.com/2015/06/29/15-incredible-designs-you-can-build-with-the-nikeid-kobe-10-elite/2/
Thanks for sharing the link, I hadn't thought of a Hollywood Nights pair until I saw it on this list. Might have to play around with that.

Anyone ball in the USA's is there a performance difference between a gum sole and a solid sole? Asking for ID purposes

Shouldn't be much different since the outsole is very good to begin with by design no matter the material. Solid will last little longer and not stain/yellow easily like on translucent rubber. Can't go wrong with either options.

Last edited:
I think we'll all be fine with the base colored uppers. I really want some Bruce Lee ID's but I'm pretty sure it's painted on but oh well part of me wants to order and just return if they are bad
Actually guyz, IMO im pretty sure this year these are NOT painted. If ya Zoom in close up shot ya can see different threads of whatever color, not to mention the Black underlay panels behind the Flyknit upper. Id say Im about 99% sure were actually getting quality this year. Maybe Nike learned there lesson from the Kobe IX, when they sold all but a handful of Solids last year? lol Fingerz crossed!

I went with one of the default looks -- a mix of the Beethoven and the HTM Shark.

Started changing things and every time it ended up looking worse than the original design.

Last edited:

I went with one of the default looks -- a mix of the Beethoven and the HTM Shark.

Started changing things and every time it ended up looking worse than the original design.
First pair I ordered was the HTM Shark, but I still want to make a Beethoven pair too. Also want to do a grey/purple pair similar to the 9's I made, something like this:

Hey everyone, this may come off as a rookie comment but please weigh in will any and all advice.... Ever since i was younger i always seemed to roll my ankles playing basketball. Even with wearing mids for the past 7 years i still have some bad experiences (minimal since the 2013 hyperdunk). Having said this, it seems as if the only decent options these days is to go with kobe x high or any other low top. Every one i ask on the court that wears lows says that they have no issue with ankle support and its more about the lock down of the shoe. Im looking to retire my busted up hyperdunks and need stories or testimony as to stick with the actual physical support and go kobe x high, or kobe 9 or x low. Thanks!!!

The cut of the shoe doesn't determine the support.

It's how low your foot sits to the ground and since Kobe's have a low profile, I never (and many others) feel unstable and roll my ankle.

I'm really considering pulling the trigger on a pair, considering if I don't like them in person.  I can always return them.

Does anyone know if the photo blue midsole will look the same like the HTM pairs?

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but if Nike is using the same material for the iD's from the EM model for the Elite model and color schemes, the Blue Midsole and Blue Glow Sole will most likely look like these:

Blue MidSole

Blue Glow Sole

If this is the case, then no, it does not look at all like the HTM Sharks.

Best case is to do a clear midsole and blue glow to not be overwhelmed by the *water* effect on the sharks.

The sole and midsole aren't perfectly clear and glassy, but more of an opaque, icey feel.

If we compare it with the actual HTMs, it's perfectly translucent. Hope this helps.

Since the HTM Sharks look like THIS:

Just my 2Cs.

Last edited:

If this is the case, then no, it does not look at all like the HTM Sharks.

Best case is to do a clear midsole and blue glow to not be overwhelmed by the *water* effect on the sharks.

The sole and midsole aren't perfectly clear and glassy, but more of an opaque, icey feel.

you saying something like this then? this is the 2nd Shark I made and I think this is the pair I like the most..

Last edited:
Yeah, just like that.  I think this looks clean too.  Better than the original, imho, HTM Sharks.

I went with my own design, rose gold swoosh and gum sole with everything else the same as yours.

you saying something like this then? this is the 2nd Shark I made and I think this is the pair I like the most..
Exactly what I ordered 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom