The Official Kobe X iD thread

Pair #3(and first to arrive)

Samsung Galaxy 5 pics

No Flash, No Filters

Just Beautiful.............
pimp.gif

Sunlight Pic
I thought it couldn't get better than my 1st pair but man these are so dope. So glad I decided to make pairs. Gum sole and speckles came out way better than I expected. Also like how my flyknit is different than my 1st pair.
Both pairs look awesome 
nthat.gif

those with black medial's that are contemplating returning maybe try some products (bleach, paint thinner?) to fix the fade on the toebox?
laugh.gif

i hope they get a lot of returns so they know they can't be pulling this crap
mean.gif
What gets me is how sloppy the paint is.

The Non MC ASYM pairs were painted and transitioned perfectly.  

It's like they took a border and laid it across the MCs  and painted straight across 

^^^

the problem with the mc's is the wolf grey extended all the way right in front tongue so they have to cover that up too.. all in all, this is just plain sloppy..

I'm trying to hold out and see if we will get the MC 2.0 option back (not likely this late in the cycle)

It's obvious they still have the material b/c they are doing remakes.  Last year with the 9, they clearly ran out of materials. A lot of our pairs were put on hold. We weren't given the option to remake pairs with the 9s.

But I will definitely be sending my black medial pair back once it gets here next week.  I was on the fence at first. But I can't justify paying $267 for an effortless paint job like that.

Last edited:
I'm trying to hold out and see if we will get the MC 2.0 option back (not likely this late in the cycle)

It's obvious they still have the material b/c they are doing remakes.  Last year with the 9, they clearly ran out of materials. A lot of our pairs were put on hold. We weren't given the option to remake pairs with the 9s.

But I will definitely be sending my black medial pair back once it gets here next week.  I was on the fence at first. But I can't justify paying $267 for an effortless paint job like that.
What's the remake based on? Only manufacturing flaws apply? Or can you remake because you're not happy with the design?

I've only seen posts where remakes were based on manufacturing flaws. If you're not happy with it, you will have to return it

This. Nike has to determine if there actually is a manufacturing flaw as well as if they are even offering remakes. On the MC 9 IDs I had all kinds of scratches on my midsoles and they tried to offer a remake but once escalated that didn't have the ability to remake as all materials were accounted for.

those with black medial's that are contemplating returning maybe try some products (bleach, paint thinner?) to fix the fade on the toebox? :lol:

i hope they get a lot of returns so they know they can't be pulling this crap :smh:

What gets me is how sloppy the paint is.

The Non MC ASYM pairs were painted and transitioned perfectly.  

It's like they took a border and laid it across the MCs  and painted straight across 

View media item 1797203

View media item 1797204

View media item 1797205

View media item 1797206

View media item 1797207

View media item 1797210

View media item 1797211

The thing with the other pairs is that they were all black/white and then the white side was painted to the colour, and that's easier to make the transition look nice. All the colour MC have a decent transition as opposed to the black

I haven't been following this thread closely but did Nike take away the option to ID a pair of HTM Sharks??
Yep. It was gone around the time the MCs dropped

They also removed the option to change the color of the zoom air bag

The ASYM option was removed completely about a week or two ago (i'm not sure exactly)

Last edited:
The thing with the other pairs is that they were all black/white and then the white side was painted to the colour, and that's easier to make the transition look nice. All the colour MC have a decent transition as opposed to the black

How do you know/figure they were white?

How do you know/figure they were white?

If you notice just from the above photos the outer colored area really pop and look good. It's because that part of the shoe was white and easy to die/color. The toes do not match the outer color because the toe of the white asym pairs were grey. That's just my guess from looking through photos.

i
I thought it couldn't get better than my 1st pair but man these are so dope. So glad I decided to make pairs. Gum sole and speckles came out way better than I expected. Also like how my flyknit is different than my 1st pair.

View media item 1797070View media item 1797071View media item 1797072View media item 1797073View media item 1797074View media item 1797075

These are incredible. The aglet addition was very nice, where did you get them? Really loving this pair a LOT, HTM feel to them. Great job

Last edited:

Those came out clean.

I thought you weren't going to order anymore Kobe?
I wasn't going to but I had to give these a shot! These actually seem to run a little larger than the original runs of Id's I made a few months back.  I still may end up returning but I had to at least give myself a chance of seeing if they ran larger. I think the MC this year turned out real nice.

Back
Top Bottom