The Official Kobe XI NikeID Thread - Elite & EM available now

They play pretty good, white outsole. Does need wiping but not as bad as you would think. If the pattern wasn't recessed than I'm sure it'd be as good as the 8 or 10

Seeing these college PEs today has convinced me to not buy another 11 ID (besides the non-painted white/gum one I already have) unless a true non spray-painted multicolor gets released.  They're just not even close to worth the money IMO.

At least with the 9 IDs (and the 10s to a degree), when college teams (and some pros) were spotted with PEs, you could at least come close to replicating them on ID.  There would usually be one little thing on the PE that you couldn't do on ID.  But in general, you could replicate on ID what you saw with the PE.  To an untrained eye....they wouldn't know the difference (especially with the 9s).

But comparing these college PEs today to what you can make on ID?  Not even remotely close.  

Last edited:
Has it been 100% confirmed that the fade option is painted? Looking at some pics of actual pairs the flywire for the laces are not colored. How does Nike keep the spray paint off that part if the flywire is part of the weave of the shoe?

Has it been 100% confirmed that the fade option is painted? Looking at some pics of actual pairs the flywire for the laces are not colored. How does Nike keep the spray paint off that part if the flywire is part of the weave of the shoe?
Here is a couple close up's of my ID's.  The flyknit looks painted based on the inner lining of the flyknit.  The Flywire is still black as you can see in the picture.  ( I can get closer if you can't see it still ).  Overall it looks like it was painted over, but this fade looks so good for a painted fade I don't know why.  Gonna take pictures of my BHM's and Kobe X Xmas pairs on the inner lining and will upload to show the differences of the flyknit.  You can definitely see the difference.

Here is a couple close up's of my ID's.  The flyknit looks painted based on the inner lining of the flyknit.  The Flywire is still black as you can see in the picture.  ( I can get closer if you can't see it still ).  Overall it looks like it was painted over, but this fade looks so good for a painted fade I don't know why.  Gonna take pictures of my BHM's and Kobe X Xmas pairs on the inner lining and will upload to show the differences of the flyknit.  You can definitely see the difference.

View media item 1926142

View media item 1926143

Thanks for the pics. Is there paint on the clear wires?

Thanks for the pics. Is there paint on the clear wires?
The TPU strands ( I believe that is what you are asking about? )  look to be painted on this pair also.  The TPU strands on the BHM are still clear.  Here are pics of the inside of the BHM and the Xmas pair also.

You can see the black flyknit on the Xmas is black.  I'm looking at the red side and it's red on the inside also.  The BHM you can see the multicolor flyknit on the inside also.  The ID pair I took a pic of earlier and posted you can tell the flyknit is a grey looking base.

Last edited:
The TPU strands ( I believe that is what you are asking about? )  look to be painted on this pair also.  The TPU strands on the BHM are still clear.  Here are pics of the inside of the BHM and the Xmas pair also.

View media item 1926211

View media item 1926212

You can see the black flyknit on the Xmas is black.  I'm looking at the red side and it's red on the inside also.  The BHM you can see the multicolor flyknit on the inside also.  The ID pair I took a pic of earlier and posted you can tell the flyknit is a grey looking base.

I see. Fades looks legit because the black flywires show through the different colors.

Greetings everyone. Not much of a poster but have enjoyed and appreciated everyone's postings. I hope this comes out as a new posting and not a reply. Have a question or two regarding the XI ASG ID options and wanted to get your expert opinions. Hope it is okay to provide little background first. I feel I am a little older- played competitively in high school with the OG Jordan IIIs. Was able to play at a slightly higher level but took time off for quite a LONG time. Recently picked playing back up for health just as the Kobe 8s were dropping. Thought they were amazing based on their weight, traction, low profile, etc. I am a guard and I could not believe basketball shoes evolved so much. Needless to say, I pretty much double and sometimes tripled up on ALL the released (except the fireworks of course) colorways. Although the durability of the 8s is ridiculously poor, they are the best basketball shoe that transitions perfectly to a casual shoe being sleek and not bulky. If anyone was lucky to pick up the Kobe 8 Mambacurials the different cushioning on the upper heel makes this imho one of the best combo play/casual shoes ever. I really liked the improvement on the traction and stronger foundation of the 9 lows but the highs just seemed like too much material for a small older point guard like me. I actually liked the Jordan XX8 zip ups better than those.
Sorry for the long background and I need to get to the point-
The XI IDs have me extremely interested because of the full zoom option. About a week ago I designed Day, Noon, and Night IDs. I did not know about the heel options and the only choice at the time was "color shift" (no day, noon, night options). The color was a reddish reflective silver. I chose this option for all three IDs. Again, it was the same one option for the tongue so I chose the "color shift option." I was able to get the matching bottoms for all three but that is not a big deal. My questions are-
1. Were there 3 original different heal options for day, noon, night?
2. Same as above with the tongue- were there 3 options?
3. The "color shift" option I chose (reddish silver)- is that the noon color?
4. Do you think they will bring back the heal/tongue options for the day/noon/night and should I wait?
5. Lastly, I noticed the color shift option for the heel and tongue are gone. Can I still purchase the ones I made that are sitting in my cart?
Thanks so much for all the help and sorry for the long posting. I guess I don't post much but when I do I have a lot needs to come out.
Thanks everyone for your help! Almost forgot, if anyone has an extra coupon or is willing to sell me one I would so appreciate it. Potentially buying 3 pairs of IDs is pretty nuts.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I think it was not 100% sure
4. Maybe, maybe not. I hope so.
5. No it'll revert to the solid option. When the one color shift was still available before it was removed you were able to though. I had the night option saved and it didn't change to the noon option(that was available), the tongue did change to noon though (had night option). Should have ordered but I didn't |I

Last edited:
Finally got the xi grinches.  Very disappointing compared to the other 2 grinches.  Hope they perform well on the court

Now that actual pairs have been delivered. Has it been 100% confirmed that the solid colors, other than the black and white base, are painted?

Finally got the xi grinches.  Very disappointing compared to the other 2 grinches.  Hope they perform well on the court
they look like they are mad dirty compared to the og grinches and the x's

Like someone used them a soccer shoes on a muddy and rainy turf 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom