The Official Kobe XI NikeID Thread - Elite & EM available now

if nike is going to paint the flyknit, they should at least make an all white flyknit and then paint it. the grey will always standout no matter what.

if you look at the back of the shoe where there is actual white flyknit it doesn't look so bad.

dope! trying to do a black upper too, cant decide if im going with gum or white soles. 

Last edited:
So I was really interested in doing the Aston Martin themed Id, but I really hate how the grey looks painted on the Flyknit. Do you guys think if I go the white option, the theme will still come through? I mean the white comes out pretty grey, and it's not painted, so if it'll work, I'd rather do the "white" color than the grey for better flyknit

Green uppers pot o gold
smokin.gif

Seeing these college PEs today has convinced me to not buy another 11 ID (besides the non-painted white/gum one I already have) unless a true non spray-painted multicolor gets released.  They're just not even close to worth the money IMO.

At least with the 9 IDs (and the 10s to a degree), when college teams (and some pros) were spotted with PEs, you could at least come close to replicating them on ID.  There would usually be one little thing on the PE that you couldn't do on ID.  But in general, you could replicate on ID what you saw with the PE.  To an untrained eye....they wouldn't know the difference (especially with the 9s).

But comparing these college PEs today to what you can make on ID?  Not even remotely close.  
After seeing the difference in the "white" cw for ID vs PE Id be pissed if I bought them 
mean.gif

Has anyone received a cancellation email for a build w/ the color shift heel/tongue options? I played around w/ the ASG designs early on, pulled the trigger once the color shift options were removed.
Ordered on the 18th and still haven't received the "we've started making your order" email...but no cancellation either.
View media item 1927762

Has anyone received a cancellation email for a build w/ the color shift heel/tongue options? I played around w/ the ASG designs early on, pulled the trigger once the color shift options were removed.
Ordered on the 18th and still haven't received the "we've started making your order" email...but no cancellation either.
View media item 1927762

That's a lot of pairs

converse with Nikechat, just give them your order number. 

Your IDs arent expected to be finished until 3/28 soo Id relax a few more weeks 

I have had UPS notify me that mine were out for deliver on previous IDs so it happens but your still early. 

converse with Nikechat, just give them your order number. 

Your IDs arent expected to be finished until 3/28 soo Id relax a few more weeks 

I have had UPS notify me that mine were out for deliver on previous IDs so it happens but your still early. 

Took them over 10 days to start my All Star editions and I ordered day 1.

smokin.gif

After seeing the difference in the "white" cw for ID vs PE Id be pissed if I bought them 
mean.gif
Yea...I know what you mean.  The only reason I use the term 'white', is because that's what Nike calls them.  After the 9 and 10, I knew what to expect.  My intention was to create a beethoven-like 11 with gum soles, so I was content with what I received.  But you're 100% right...If my intention/expectation was 'true white'....they would have been returned to the factory store same day.  My frustration is the disparity between what can be created on ID, and the inspiration that's out there.  Couple years ago if I was watching a college game on TV and saw a pair I wanted...all I had to do was go on ID, and I was able to come kinda close.  I'll provide one example (yea...I know, these are painted too)....you probably remember seeing them. They're almost exactly the same pair that was college team available.  If you try that now...good luck.  Between the disparity, and the poor quality of some of these painted pairs (the Grinch-like ones are atrocious IMO)...I just don't think they're worth close to $250.  Nike has shown the ability to make available quality product available on the ID platform utilizing flykit.  The 10s: Grinch, Multi, Mambacolor (although I wan't a big fan of that colorway); and the 9's: Multi, Mamba Moment...those are true blended flyknit.  Maybe it comes with age...been into sneakers for 20 years now, but I think quality trumps quantity.  I think Nike should maybe offer a few less options, and focus more on the quality of what they offer.  Even with the Grinches, I spotted at about 15 different variations, and that was based off of just one colored upper (which was true blended flyknit).  For the 11, there are 33 options for uppers (not even including the AS options).  They should kick that down to about 15-17, but offer real flyknit blends...not spray paint junk.  Even at 17 upper options...you're probably looking at over 250-300 custom variations available.  That's plenty.

Last edited:
Took them over 10 days to start my All Star editions and I ordered day 1.

After the BS with the Grinch X, I'm convinced Nike gives priority to people who order late.

I ordered Grinch X first 30 minutes of the drop. Was about 2 weeks away from the expected delivery date and still no started email.

I ordered the ASG day shift Derozans the day after the heel and tongue options were gone and got a started email the same day.

Nike has it backwards smh.

After the BS with the Grinch X, I'm convinced Nike gives priority to people who order late.

I ordered Grinch X first 30 minutes of the drop. Was about 2 weeks away from the expected delivery date and still no started email.

I ordered the ASG day shift Derozans the day after the heel and tongue options were gone and got a started email the same day.

Nike has it backwards smh.
Don't remind me about those Grinches. Maybe they were feeling bad for that nonsense they put some of us through, because the pair of 11s I ordered on 2/13 are already on their way, expected to be delivered on 2/29. They'll probably miss their flight from China or whatever nonsense they say, but even a couple more days is still just a 2 1/2 week turn around.

Don't remind me about those Grinches. Maybe they were feeling bad for that nonsense they put some of us through, because the pair of 11s I ordered on 2/13 are already on their way, expected to be delivered on 2/29. They'll probably miss their flight from China or whatever nonsense they say, but even a couple more days is still just a 2 1/2 week turn around.

I hope mine has that kind of turnaround lol

AS ID options have been up longer than usual. I think the Gumbo options were only 1 week and then last year's was 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom