The Official Kobe XI NikeID Thread - Elite & EM available now

Those are nice. I almost went with a similar set up, but decided to add some blue. I have the excessive glue stain problem, and my left heel patch is a little off, but hey for $140 I won't complain.
Thanks for the reply man.  Saw your pair a page back too, I dig.  I wanted a pair with the grey XDRs and everything else just kind of fell in line.  Considered Obsidian instead of the black but I think I made the right decision.

Funny that you'd say that about complaining vs the price, since the regular/full run colorways are less expensive and seem to be consistently higher in quality.  Out of my 4 stock pairs only my BLs had any issue and it was just the red peeling off the tongue logo.  Otherwise they were all perfect and were all cheaper than either of my IDs, which I got on sale and with promo codes.  Jury is still out at the moment for me on whether or not to hop on live chat at some point to ask some questions.  I do like these a lot, I just don't understand how these issues pass through QC

Pretty clean looking! Regarding the right shoe having that lean, that lean might be an illusion. I think the heel patch is slightly misaligned giving the appearance that it's leaning. If you look at the bottom edge of the left heel it is parralel to the top edge of the left outsole whereas the bottom edge of the right heel is not perfectly parralel to the top edge of the right outsole. Nevertheless, the shoes look dope.
Thanks dude!  Actually I had the same feeling regarding the placement of the PRM heel patch.  Still, its a little fonky.

both IDs up there are nice! Wolf grey matches perfect with the xdr. and blue linings are a good compliment too.

i really cant tell the LEAN issue. maybe it was the pic but looks ok

What do you guys think?

Black upper with everything else Wolf Grey including the XDR outsole, except the back logos which are silver.  Decided to try a full Lunar midsole since I ordered my MCs with full Zoom. 

Much like neebs619's black/white pair posted a page or two back, the color is not as dark as my Black Space, which I don't mind...but it does look like it was glued excessively, with a few small visible glue stains as well.     Mine also seems to have a 'lean' on the right shoe.  It looks better in the pics than in person 
roll.gif
but they're still pretty nice looking and pretty much what I wanted out of a two tone. 

Opinions?
Def a nice pair! That lighter shade of black looks better with the wolf grey highlights

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I'll stay put with this pair as-is.  I don't want to come off trite or exploitative so I'll leave them be.  I do really like the way they look.

Anyone have any tips for getting the glue stains out or do you guys think they'll break down with use?

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I'll stay put with this pair as-is.  I don't want to come off trite or exploitative so I'll leave them be.  I do really like the way they look.

Anyone have any tips for getting the glue stains out or do you guys think they'll break down with use?
Im REALLY hoping it breaks down with use. My B/W pair is COMPLETELY covered in glue, the whole thing is stiff and shiny because of the excessive glue. You cant even feel the fabric/ thread of the flyknit when you run your hand over it, its just slick like hard plastic

Im REALLY hoping it breaks down with use. My B/W pair is COMPLETELY covered in glue, the whole thing is stiff and shiny because of the excessive glue. You cant even feel the fabric/ thread of the flyknit when you run your hand over it, its just slick like hard plastic
Yeah I'm with you.  Mine are exactly as you described; stiff and shiney.  The texture is definitely different than all my other XIs.  I wonder if there are any light solvents we could use to accelerate the process.  Maybe some acetone or Goof Off?  Gotta make sure it's a compound that won't bleach or break down the fabric itself.  

I'll probably keep them as is for now but will report if I end up trying something out.  

Thanks again for all the positive feedback guys!

Well can't complain buuuttt mayb to much volt/green?
Funny, I have three pairs of MCs and feel like they all have more green on one shoe. The lighting in my office isn't great for taking pics but this left shoe definitely features more green. I don't really care either way, but if I had a choice, I'd prefer more green than red. All personal preference. 

What do you guys think?

Opinions?
Clean. I like these a lot. They remind me of some elite TB's which I think would be absolutely amazing.

Those are nice. I almost went with a similar set up, but decided to add some blue. I have the excessive glue stain problem, and my left heel patch is a little off, but hey for $140 I won't complain.
As the grey pair above, I would love to order something like this. Ive always been a fan of the duke type colorways. Not a duke fan but I love the schemes.

Well can't complain buuuttt mayb to much volt/green?

Those look pretty damn good to me.  If mine looked like that I wouldn't have requested a remake.  Nice build!  

Clean. I like these a lot. They remind me of some elite TB's which I think would be absolutely amazing.

As the grey pair above, I would love to order something like this. Ive always been a fan of the duke type colorways. Not a duke fan but I love the schemes.
Thanks man!  I took them out for a wear and they do feel pretty good.  The faded/ashy ID black actually works really well with the whole thing, gives it a whole gun metal look.  The PRM keeps it classy.  Looking forward to breaking these in a bit, if I can loosen up that glue (that I assume binds the flyknit to the liner) it's going to be real nice.  Glad I hopped on for one last hurrah!

BTW; the XDR soles are definitely different.  I'm not a baller so I won't be able to speak for that type of traction but they feel a little heavier and stiffer than all my other XIs.  Will report any other observations on it as they come, if anyone's interested.  

Last edited:
Im deciding to return my pair. I like em but not hyped over these. I got them with the gold glitter laces and with the gold multicolor its too much gold, more than I expected.

Im deciding to return my pair. I like em but not hyped over these. I got them with the gold glitter laces and with the gold multicolor its too much gold, more than I expected.
cant you just replace with black laces? was it the shade of gold you didnt like or the amount of gold in it? you did see the preview right? pics?

cant you just replace with black laces? was it the shade of gold you didnt like or the amount of gold in it? you did see the preview right? pics?

I did see the preview. But like any shoe, you have to see it in person to fully appreciate it and honestly I don't. In the sun they look bright with the laces, lace tips and Flyknit, looks like mustard/chutney and it's not a color I like. Idk I'm just not too enamored to have these. I may regret it later but for now I will part ways with these.

View media item 2406222

Last edited:
I'm still waited to hear back from Nike about my pairs. Haven't received a reply yet and it's been more than three days.

I did see the preview. But like any shoe, you have to see it in person to fully appreciate it and honestly I don't. In the sun they look bright with the laces, lace tips and Flyknit, looks like mustard/chutney and it's not a color I like. Idk I'm just not too enamored to have these. I may regret it later but for now I will part ways with these.

View media item 2406222
i thought it was a flaw or defect you were referring to. looks like youre just not a fan of it co the pair looks like every paur posted here but hey, at least you wont regret not trying it.

SNEAKEATER_619 SNEAKEATER_619 maybe it the weekend. wait til tomorrow, if not contact them again.

I'm still waited to hear back from Nike about my pairs. Haven't received a reply yet and it's been more than three days.
Be patient.  It took longer for me to get replies, plus I had to e-mail to inquire regarding progress and tracking information since I didn't get any notifications.

The person I chatted with told me they're currently out of materials, which is why they took the shoe off the site. I could be wrong, but unless they restock, I'm not sure how any of you are getting pairs re-made. 

Any idea how long it takes to remake a pair of shoes. I had a pair remade on March 22 and I still haven't received the new pair. The current pair I have now has a lipoma on the outsole. Lol. View media item 2406688View media item 2406689
wow! howd this happen? maybe thats why its called gum bottom... blowing bubbles? jk man. hipe you get your remake. im getting mine tomorrow so hopefully QC is good since its off the site now.

Yeah, I would have asked for a remake on those gums too.  I bet it comes from the adhering of the outsole to the flat transparent part that the midsole sits on top of.  Likely an air bubble that got trapped during the adhesive process.  How that doesn't get addressed or tossed before being sent out is something I don't understand.  At least Nike does us well with their return/exchange policies. 

The person I chatted with told me they're currently out of materials, which is why they took the shoe off the site. I could be wrong, but unless they restock, I'm not sure how any of you are getting pairs re-made. 
I spoke to them on March 22. I'm not sure when you were told about materials running out. Most likely, it was after March 22.

i thought it was a flaw or defect you were referring to. looks like youre just not a fan of it co the pair looks like every paur posted here but hey, at least you wont regret not trying it.

SNEAKEATER_619 SNEAKEATER_619 maybe it the weekend. wait til tomorrow, if not contact them again.

Yea I kinda was expecting these multis to look like the Kobe 9 multi. I realize I'm over reaching in expectation for the goat of multi Id but yea, officially parted ways with them. They're at Nike livermore if anyone's interested. Sz 11.5.

Yea I kinda was expecting these multis to look like the Kobe 9 multi. I realize I'm over reaching in expectation for the goat of multi Id but yea, officially parted ways with them. They're at Nike livermore if anyone's interested. Sz 11.5.
like you said they just don't pop like MC normally does unless in sunlight. The TPU strands dull the colouring quite a bit. I love em and possibly more than the 9s that I never had.

Back
Top Bottom