THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

Interesting year for the LeBron. There was no media event for the LeBron VIII; Nike used up all its marketing money this year on the World Basketball Festival in August and the Showcase in June, and they're taking a different approach in light of LeBron's departure from Cleveland - this in particular being words from a Nike employee.

It's going to do well but I don't see it out-performing the VII.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Interesting year for the LeBron. There was no media event for the LeBron VIII; Nike used up all its marketing money this year on the World Basketball Festival in August and the Showcase in June, and they're taking a different approach in light of LeBron's departure from Cleveland - this in particular being words from a Nike employee.

if miami wins 65 to 70 games you dont think that will help his shoe???   for some reason i think these 8s gonna rather move real fast or real slow.. he officially became a love or hate type person.. will that love & hate turn to the people who buy kicks guess we will see in october..

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

if miami wins 65 to 70 games you dont think that will help his shoe???   for some reason i think these 8s gonna rather move real fast or real slow.. he officially became a love or hate type person.. will that love & hate turn to the people who buy kicks guess we will see in october..

Regardless of what people feel about LeBron, the 8s are gonna move...but these are too similar and some might say a step down from the LeBron VII. When I first saw the VII, I was wowed. Reminded me of the time when I first saw the Jordan VIII at Foot Locker - my eyes lit up. But when I saw the VIII in person a few weeks ago, it was very underwhelming. I personally feel the medial side looks cooler than the lateral due to the larger Flywire panel.

360 Air in general is more aesthetically pleasing than Zoom Air. It flat out looks cooler, but it's so overpowering because it eats up a lot of visual focus. With the Nike logo being placed in the back (hidden with jeans) and the zig-zagging of the lace placket making the shoe look almost like a trail-boot, I think the LeBron VIII a step down from street-appeal but obviously a step toward a luxurious look.

As for the Heat winning 65-70 games...it'll definitely take people longer than one season to forget what went down this summer. Like the Kobe V, the LeBron VII had multiple shoe appeal. Red Carpets, Chinas, Dunkmans, Cool Greys, Patent Leather TBs, etc. With just four colorways of the VIII known, i'm already bored with it.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Regardless of what people feel about LeBron, the 8s are gonna move...but these are too similar and some might say a step down from the LeBron VII. When I first saw the VII, I was wowed. Reminded me of the time when I first saw the Jordan VIII at Foot Locker - my eyes lit up. But when I saw the VIII in person a few weeks ago, it was very underwhelming. I personally feel the medial side looks cooler than the lateral due to the larger Flywire panel.

360 Air in general is more aesthetically pleasing than Zoom Air. It flat out looks cooler, but it's so overpowering because it eats up a lot of visual focus. With the Nike logo being placed in the back (hidden with jeans) and the zig-zagging of the lace placket making the shoe look almost like a trail-boot, I think the LeBron VIII a step down from street-appeal but obviously a step toward a luxurious look.

As for the Heat winning 65-70 games...it'll definitely take people longer than one season to forget what went down this summer. Like the Kobe V, the LeBron VII had multiple shoe appeal. Red Carpets, Chinas, Dunkmans, Cool Greys, Patent Leather TBs, etc. With just four colorways of the VIII known, i'm already bored with it.
yea i feel you i believe they will move to.. prolly in the future the 8s be more appreciated but right now you 100 % on it these 8s are sure not the 7s.. A Championship will make people not forget but prolly not care bout the summer i belive thats my opinion.. Im not giving them the title but this year is similar to me to when jordan came back and he wore the 45 and people said "jordan dont got it no more." Then the next season jordan was on a serious mission ...

Originally Posted by bib10

Nike Air Max LeBron VIII China Edition Design Concept
p_large_i5fL_7c1f00056ff55c41.jpg
eek.gif

pimp.gif
 copped !!! damn i love the 8's

This is the second year in a row that I actually like the China edition Lebron shoe..i can't wait to scoop those up..October 26th right?

As far as sales... true fans are going to buy. They will get over all this "traitor" talk and love Lebron again. I think a lot of people make the mistake of judging what NT feels when we are in the minority. The shoe def looks good, just not as good as the VII IMO. I'm not bitter over the trade as I am over all the unreleased goods from the VIIs. I'm gonna sit back and wait for a HWC colorway, they have to with that speckled air bag, maybe I'll grab another at outlets.

i do not like the speckled air bag...reminds me of those balls you get in that big rack at the grocery store for a dollar...

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by andfattoo

^even with all the white?

hell yea..

And Royal, yea i was stunting before.. but hahahahah
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
.. you copping right?
Stage 3: (Current stage) Final release pictures are released, the Chinas are revealed, marketing campaign starts up...everybody is getting hyped, and all of a sudden the shoe is universally loved.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by andfattoo

hell yea..

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
.. you copping right?
Stage 3: (Current stage) Final release pictures are released, the Chinas are revealed, marketing campaign starts up...everybody is getting hyped, and all of a sudden the shoe is universally loved.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
That's always the case. Slap something limited on it and watch it sell.

Chinas look so nice. The white outsole gives it a non-TB look. And speckled air bag just sets these joints off...

Fresh.... HELL YEA I'M IN THERE LIKE SWIMWEAR! Long as that tongue stay the same I will have those ordered on the 26th...That's one thing I hate about going to school in the middle of nowhere, you gotta order everything that's good SMH.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

andfattoo wrote:

hell yea..

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
.. you copping right?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hhhmmmmm # 1  lets take a look at my prior post, I did complain and say we are getting alot of White shoes, NEVER ONCE did i say i didn't like em or never say i didn't like white shoes.
just been complaining we have been getting alot of White based colorways, it would be nice for a change.

2#. Who is hyped? and besides the same bron heads in this thread. who "universally" loves this shoe? its about the same bunch of heads posting about the china's, its either a love/hate shoe

I like it because of the better pics we got, Red is my fav color, and the speckled sole.

#3 I dont like the shoe because "its limited" just FYI

Back
Top Bottom