The Official LeBron XI NBA2k14 Thread - CODES GONE/SOLD OUT - PREPARING TO SHIP! - NO BUYING/SELLING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Payed $17 tax in Cali. 
mean.gif

you pay taxes on online orders if there is a brick and mortar store in the state.. for example if you live in iowa and there is not a nike store, an outlet at all.. then you won't pay taxes.. but if there is a physical store there you will pay taxes and obviously rates vary between state..

ok now lets move on with the thread and keep hoping we get soemthing epic in march.

Ok, hope this helps someone... So the card I used to make the pre-order was also used at Target during the time they were compromised.>:   My bank issued a new card and will be canceling the old one.  So a simple call to Nike and my new card is now attached to this pre-order.  Was sweating bullets but now can breath easy.  Back to wondering what these will look like.:smh:  

Same exact thing happened to me. Nike was real cool about it

There are LeBron samples that are not even in the triple digits in numbers produced that don't even fetch more than $2k. It's an extremely farfetched and whimsical venture you're attempting.

Going into a more economical explanation. It's not just the seller that sets the market price for a good.

Haaaaaaaa!..... This guy wut a clown. Ya Im In I'll sale you my pair for your pair lmao.

So...I got an email from Nike saying that they tried to contact me for security reasons to verify something before shipping and they cancelled my order!! They said they called multiple times which is a flat out lie, I have 0 missed calls. Anyone have any suggestions, or should I just call and tear them a new ***? Can't believe this!

So...I got an email from Nike saying that they tried to contact me for security reasons to verify something before shipping and they cancelled my order!! They said they called multiple times which is a flat out lie, I have 0 missed calls. Anyone have any suggestions, or should I just call and tear them a new ***? Can't believe this!
They called me this morning too. It was literally a 30 second call. Lady just wanted to confirm my order and payment information.

Last edited:
They called me this morning too. It was literally a 30 second call. Lady just wanted to confirm my order and payment information.

Damn this is messed up. Obviously I would've picked up if they had called. The email said multiple attempts and I know I gave them the correct phone #.

Damn this is messed up. Obviously I would've picked up if they had called. The email said multiple attempts and I know I gave them the correct phone #.

Was it mandatory to give a number? Dont remember whether I did or not. Just want to be on the safeside

if 1 thing doesnt match your paypal / CC info they will call to verify. in my case i used a different phone # and it didnt match my paypal info so they called.

btw i say we ban that guy trying to control the market. dude is taking reselling to a whole nother level. 

My guess is that this is that guys first limited shoe 
laugh.gif

Lol. You're the dude trying to get people to "control the market"? :rofl:

Yes, and it is completely possible.. think about it. if everyone agrees to sell their shoes for a set price, let's say $2,014, why would anyone expect to buy or sell it for less than that if everyone agrees to that price? It's about time people can control the resale value of a shoe when they are limited like this. Its a big dream with good intentions, but little hope. Doesn't hurt to try though. I mean when people go out and spend $600+ on a game system with everything needed to get the code, not to mention the 30+ hours of game play to get the code, plus the $220 retail price, you have to put that all into account. It's not like someone just got to click an add to cart button for these shoes (unless you bought a code). Another thing going for us is that it is only being released in the united states, therefore I'm sure there will be at least 2,014 other people in the worth willing to spend $2,014 to get these shoes. I through that $2,014 as a number for discussion on the facebook group page, nothing is set in stone, especially without knowing exactly what the shoes is or any extras that come with it. Let's not forget, not everyone is going to sell their shoes either, maybe only 1,000 will be sold. Hope that helps explain my philosophy a little better. Thanks for asking though. https://www.facebook.com/groups/514448645336006/

There are LeBron samples that are not even in the triple digits in numbers produced that don't even fetch more than $2k. It's an extremely farfetched and whimsical venture you're attempting.

Going into a more economical explanation. It's not just the seller that sets the market price for a good.
You are correct, there is also demand (the buyer) which sets the price along with supply (the seller). However, having 2,014 pairs worldwide which is probably the most hyped shoe of 2014 so far and if all of the sellers (supply) would all agree to $2,014. I'm sure there are 2,014 celebrities or rich people that would have no problem spending that on the shoes because they want them (demand). If no one buys at that price, you can always decrease from there.  However, what I don't want to see happen is for someone who got the shoes who needs the money for bills so sell them for something ridiculous like $500 and then have people say, oh I saw a pair of these shoes sell for $500, you are crazy for wanting $2,014 or $1500 or whatever the number may be and have the resale value decrease immediately because of that. It's simple economics here. The reason it could possibly be controlled is because there are only 2,014 pairs. really, that means there may only be 1000 people since a lot of people got 2 or 3+ pairs each. Just my opinion and thoughts. I'm open to everyone's input, comments, and criticism, this is just what I would like to see happen for once.
utuhk.gif%3Fw%3D830

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom