***The Official Legalization of Cannabis Thread***

30t6p3b.gif

^^^ dunno what to think about prop 19 anymore.

$50 zips? I wish bro, I would have voted yes if that were true. maybe some outdoor premature low grades though.

i got my #s from an article online, can't find the exact one but here's a couple that basically say the same thing
http://hiphopwired.com/20...price-of-marijuna-by-80/
http://www.csmonitor.com/...m-Prop.-19-in-California
http://mcsocal.com/blog/m...f-proposition-19-passes/

exactly. plus its gonna drive the price up sky high with taxes. your ******ed if you voted yes on this

i was under the impression that prices were supposed to drop 80%

$50 zips? I wish bro, I would have voted yes if that were true. maybe some outdoor premature low grades though.

i got my #s from an article online, can't find the exact one but here's a couple that basically say the same thing
http://hiphopwired.com/20...price-of-marijuna-by-80/
http://www.csmonitor.com/...m-Prop.-19-in-California
http://mcsocal.com/blog/m...f-proposition-19-passes/

exactly. plus its gonna drive the price up sky high with taxes. your ******ed if you voted yes on this

i was under the impression that prices were supposed to drop 80%

Originally Posted by HigherGround

Californians, what I assumed to be the most liberal state - failed.
laugh.gif
. You guys fabricate your own states perception..

if it is not accepted there, then it is definitely not accepted anywhere else.

We don't go tooting our own horn.
You out of staters do it for us.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

Californians, what I assumed to be the most liberal state - failed.
laugh.gif
. You guys fabricate your own states perception..

if it is not accepted there, then it is definitely not accepted anywhere else.

We don't go tooting our own horn.
You out of staters do it for us.

Looks like I'm making my appointment for the medical evaluation tomorrow.

Pass or fail, Cali (specifically NorCal) > The other 49 states when it comes to weed.

Looks like I'm making my appointment for the medical evaluation tomorrow.

Pass or fail, Cali (specifically NorCal) > The other 49 states when it comes to weed.

bjamez20 wrote: i was under the impression that prices were supposed to drop 80%
 heres an excerpt from a website I frequent: 
Myth #16: The price of marijuana will drop.

Fact: The value of marijuana might decrease if it becomes more commercially available and more people grow their own, but the price of a product depends less on its value and more on the degree of competition that exists with regard to selling it. Since your options for purchasing marijuana would be among only a handful of licensed dispensaries in the state, there is no guarantee of a decrease in price. Less competition means higher prices.

Indeed, by AgraMed’s own estimation, in order to make $59 million a year off 58 pounds per day, they would have to charge $175 per ounce wholesale (roughly $2,800 per pound)—and that’s if they produced 58 pounds 365 days a year. If they managed to produce that output only 5 days a week, that price would leap to $245 an ounce (about $3900 per pound). With shelf-prices at dispensaries often set at double the wholesale purchase price—not to mention the compulsory tax added onto every ounce (which Richard Lee stated in an interview was "recommended" to be $50)—the price of marijuana could potentially be higher than it is in our current market, in which the price of a pound has already fallen to $2,000, according to a recent National Public Radio report; a direct result of healthy competition, not its opposite.

http://www.rollitup.org/l...yth-facts-prop-19-a.html

bjamez20 wrote: i was under the impression that prices were supposed to drop 80%
 heres an excerpt from a website I frequent: 
Myth #16: The price of marijuana will drop.

Fact: The value of marijuana might decrease if it becomes more commercially available and more people grow their own, but the price of a product depends less on its value and more on the degree of competition that exists with regard to selling it. Since your options for purchasing marijuana would be among only a handful of licensed dispensaries in the state, there is no guarantee of a decrease in price. Less competition means higher prices.

Indeed, by AgraMed’s own estimation, in order to make $59 million a year off 58 pounds per day, they would have to charge $175 per ounce wholesale (roughly $2,800 per pound)—and that’s if they produced 58 pounds 365 days a year. If they managed to produce that output only 5 days a week, that price would leap to $245 an ounce (about $3900 per pound). With shelf-prices at dispensaries often set at double the wholesale purchase price—not to mention the compulsory tax added onto every ounce (which Richard Lee stated in an interview was "recommended" to be $50)—the price of marijuana could potentially be higher than it is in our current market, in which the price of a pound has already fallen to $2,000, according to a recent National Public Radio report; a direct result of healthy competition, not its opposite.

http://www.rollitup.org/l...yth-facts-prop-19-a.html

laws are still pretty chill here in Cali when it comes to trees. Decriminalization was a good step.

with all the voters that voted yes today its a big step for the 2012 ballot

still CA>>
pimp.gif

laws are still pretty chill here in Cali when it comes to trees. Decriminalization was a good step.

still CA>>
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

still CA>>
pimp.gif

Pretty much.
Only thing that doesn't change is the need for a medcard.

A trip to Venice boardwalk with $70-80 in hand and you're set. It's not that hard out here regardless.

still CA>>
pimp.gif

Pretty much.

A trip to Venice boardwalk with $70-80 in hand and you're set. It's not that hard out here regardless.

^I always thought it was more difficult to obtain a card on Venice because they ALL ask for documentation of your condition, no?

^I always thought it was more difficult to obtain a card on Venice because they ALL ask for documentation of your condition, no?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

still CA>>
pimp.gif

Pretty much.

I have seen some spots around Long Beach that it is $40 bucks for new patients. $60 for renewal.

Dispensaries have such a great selection now + all the great edibles/butters/oils/etc.

It is definitely worth it

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

still CA>>
pimp.gif

Pretty much.

I have seen some spots around Long Beach that it is $40 bucks for new patients. $60 for renewal.

Dispensaries have such a great selection now + all the great edibles/butters/oils/etc.

It is definitely worth it

Originally Posted by akaValentino

laugh.gif
hardly bro.
There's on-site docs who are state licensed and so on. I don't smoke, but i've been out there with so many friends for no other reason than to obtain the card. They ask you the same questions that a lawyer would ask a prospective client after some sort of injury causing accident.

You're in and out of the office within an hour, depending on the line outside of course. Most places give you a free gram once licensed too 

Originally Posted by akaValentino

laugh.gif
hardly bro.
There's on-site docs who are state licensed and so on. I don't smoke, but i've been out there with so many friends for no other reason than to obtain the card. They ask you the same questions that a lawyer would ask a prospective client after some sort of injury causing accident.

You're in and out of the office within an hour, depending on the line outside of course. Most places give you a free gram once licensed too 

Back
Top Bottom