***The Official Legalization of Cannabis Thread***

just a heads up to all yall who love to watch weed documentaries:

Marijuana: A Chronic History premieres on the History Channel tonight at 8pm CST

Marijuana: A Chronic History
A look at the storied and strange history of marijuana in America and how it has been front and center in the war on drugs. While many in the general public think of marijuana as the "safe drug," the DEA has referred to it as a "gateway" drug that can open the door to the use of stronger substances. This illustrates the paradox of marijuana, which is underscored by the fact that while the U.S. has spent over $100 billion dollars to fight its import, sale, and distribution, 14 states including New Jersey and Michigan have legalized it for medicinal purposes. Additional states are set to make it legal for the same purposes. This special will examine the changing social and legal landscapes of marijuana and its history in a fresh and compelling way.

i already set my dvr
pimp.gif

just a heads up to all yall who love to watch weed documentaries:

Marijuana: A Chronic History premieres on the History Channel tonight at 8pm CST

Marijuana: A Chronic History
A look at the storied and strange history of marijuana in America and how it has been front and center in the war on drugs. While many in the general public think of marijuana as the "safe drug," the DEA has referred to it as a "gateway" drug that can open the door to the use of stronger substances. This illustrates the paradox of marijuana, which is underscored by the fact that while the U.S. has spent over $100 billion dollars to fight its import, sale, and distribution, 14 states including New Jersey and Michigan have legalized it for medicinal purposes. Additional states are set to make it legal for the same purposes. This special will examine the changing social and legal landscapes of marijuana and its history in a fresh and compelling way.

i already set my dvr
pimp.gif

B Smooth 202, that avy is fresh....I like listening to that album. Especially after blazing one for the nation....

If you get the OC weekly, there is a coupon in there for $35 med card.....

B Smooth 202, that avy is fresh....I like listening to that album. Especially after blazing one for the nation....

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

these old folks need to die off then the bill will be passed without question, give it 5 years or so

itll pass in 2012 honestly.

I have no doubts about it passing in 2012.... 
This. In all honesty I'm surprised it got as many votes as it did.

You guys have to remember that not every young voter feels the same way about marijuana or prop 19. (Or is even educated properly on the subject at hand for that matter)

Via Facebook (Mind you 95% of my facebook friends are 20-24)

-"i'm happy.. get to still smoke my weed everyday at prices that aren't controlled by the government
smile.gif
"

-"i've never smoked, i dont know what it's like, and i don't care to. as far back as i can remember i've seen skeezy older dudes selling to young kids. i can't support anything that could potentially make that easier for them to facilitate."

Give it two years and I feel it can be done then. Regardless of the loss there is still a lot of progress made with this proposition.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

these old folks need to die off then the bill will be passed without question, give it 5 years or so

itll pass in 2012 honestly.

I have no doubts about it passing in 2012.... 
This. In all honesty I'm surprised it got as many votes as it did.

You guys have to remember that not every young voter feels the same way about marijuana or prop 19. (Or is even educated properly on the subject at hand for that matter)

Via Facebook (Mind you 95% of my facebook friends are 20-24)

-"i'm happy.. get to still smoke my weed everyday at prices that aren't controlled by the government
smile.gif
"

-"i've never smoked, i dont know what it's like, and i don't care to. as far back as i can remember i've seen skeezy older dudes selling to young kids. i can't support anything that could potentially make that easier for them to facilitate."

Give it two years and I feel it can be done then. Regardless of the loss there is still a lot of progress made with this proposition.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by StonedFace

w9FV2.gif

+

http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/jtf/JTF_LikelyVotersJTF.pdf
18-34  -- Not registered to vote - 49%

...and there you go.
dam senior citizens! 
mad.gif
you can look to the youth too...

Im in that 49%.
30t6p3b.gif

Looking at that table it seems ages 18-44 are only 35% of the vote, so it pretty much had no chance from the beginning. Unless, all 49% of the non-registered, registered and voted yes. Then we might've had a chance.

Originally Posted by StonedFace

w9FV2.gif

+

http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/jtf/JTF_LikelyVotersJTF.pdf

...and there you go.
dam senior citizens! 
mad.gif
you can look to the youth too...

Im in that 49%.
30t6p3b.gif

Looking at that table it seems ages 18-44 are only 35% of the vote, so it pretty much had no chance from the beginning. Unless, all 49% of the non-registered, registered and voted yes. Then we might've had a chance.

Just saw this on the news.
Really upset at the outcome of this.

California couldve really paved the way for the rest of this country.
If this is going to happen in the future theres going to have to be a MASSIVE campaign to get the young people registered.
Without the youth, this is a dead issue.

Just saw this on the news.
Really upset at the outcome of this.

California couldve really paved the way for the rest of this country.
If this is going to happen in the future theres going to have to be a MASSIVE campaign to get the young people registered.
Without the youth, this is a dead issue.

Originally Posted by DFABIX

good looking out... my card expires in Dec.

I knew this bill wasn't going to pass.  Not once have I heard a radio or television ad supporting it and a majority of the newspapers didn't endorsed it. 

Oh well at least Arnold decriminalized anything less than an ounce.  You just have to deal with police sitting you on the sidewalk as they search your vehicle and harass you. 
“Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a law late Thursday that reduces possession of an ounce or less from a misdemeanor to an infraction, with a maximum punishment of a $100 fine.
Even as a misdemeanor, possession of up to an ounce of pot was still punishable only by a $100 fine and no jail time. But offenders also faced arrest, a possible court appearance and a criminal record.

Originally Posted by DFABIX

good looking out... my card expires in Dec.

I knew this bill wasn't going to pass.  Not once have I heard a radio or television ad supporting it and a majority of the newspapers didn't endorsed it. 

Oh well at least Arnold decriminalized anything less than an ounce.  You just have to deal with police sitting you on the sidewalk as they search your vehicle and harass you. 
“Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a law late Thursday that reduces possession of an ounce or less from a misdemeanor to an infraction, with a maximum punishment of a $100 fine.
Even as a misdemeanor, possession of up to an ounce of pot was still punishable only by a $100 fine and no jail time. But offenders also faced arrest, a possible court appearance and a criminal record.

I think the real problem that wasnt addressed is how we test for DUI's. i hear all the time that "o i can drive high". well that a stretch. Anyone can drive drunk, dosent make it a good idea, b/c weed does impair your motor skills.

And some people who have been smoking for a long time can drive high,but the first time smoker getting behind the wheel is asking for an accident.

Unitl there is a way to test for a high DUI i dont see this passing.

I think the real problem that wasnt addressed is how we test for DUI's. i hear all the time that "o i can drive high". well that a stretch. Anyone can drive drunk, dosent make it a good idea, b/c weed does impair your motor skills.

And some people who have been smoking for a long time can drive high,but the first time smoker getting behind the wheel is asking for an accident.

Unitl there is a way to test for a high DUI i dont see this passing.

SMH. You got dudes who live in Cali in this thread WHO toke and didn't vote. 

SMH. You got dudes who live in Cali in this thread WHO toke and didn't vote. 

So now that we lost... I live in West LA and wanna get a medical card.

Some of these places have online verification where all the places have to do is type in ur DL number or your full name. I know someone would have to guess which place u got the card from and then know ur info, but is that risky at all?

Back
Top Bottom