The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Can someone please tell me how to resize some dock icons i just downloaded. I tried to do copy and paste the picture of the icon to the icon i want changed buti think the file is too big

Originally Posted by Nike Hoops21

I just recently got a new macbook pro. Ever since i got it i have had issues with loading pics on NT, my girlfriends macbook doesn't have issues with this. I have tried both safari and firefox, both struggle loading pics, as only a few of them load. any help that can be provided would be great appreciated. thanks.

Anyone??

fyocd1.png

finally figured out slipcover, too bad i probably gotta delete my movies soon or get a external HD.

34nfyc9.png

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

Finally decided to stop being lazy and try out some of the apps that have been talked about in here and this is what I came up with

Picture-1.png

Which app is this for the bottom thing. lol im new to mac and still learning lingo.

I tried changing my dock with DockSwitcher, but it's not working. I drag the zip file into Dockswitcher and it doesn't do anything.

So my macbook is starting to get super slow. Like when i turn it on, the dock and the bar at the top lag a bit. And when i open an app the it bouces up anddown for what seems like 4 years before the app actually opens. When i type, the letters show up like 6 letters late and when i try to close firefoq thespinning beachball keeps coming up. Is it time for more RAM?

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

PghShoeCollector said:
Finally decided to stop being lazy and try out some of the apps that have been talked about in here and this is what I came up with
]

Which app is this for the bottom thing. lol im new to mac and still learning lingo.

The icons? I just changed my icons and made the actual dock invisible. Trust me, I'm as new to all of this as you but it was definitely very easy to do. Iused liteicon to change a few but most of my icons were changed the traditional copy and paste way

Originally Posted by eddiee21

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Anyone upgraded their RAM from 2gb to 4? Is it worth upgrading? Any significant difference?
I upgraded mine right when i got a mb. Its only like $60. Personally I didnt notice a difference, but then again i upgraded mine right away so I didnt really use my mb when it only had 2gb ram.

where did you get ram for 60?

Originally Posted by RedMan

Anyone upgraded their RAM from 2gb to 4? Is it worth upgrading? Any significant difference?
I upgraded mine right when i got a mb. Its only like $60. Personally I didnt notice a difference, but then again i upgraded mine right away so I didnt really use my mb when it only had 2gb ram.

Newegg.com

Did anyone order Snow Leopard from the Apple online store? because I didn't receive any tracking number or anything.

ok i'm looking to upgrade my HD and my memory but i don't know too much about the internals of a computer.

anyone wanna help me out, i only got 1GB memory and my HD only has like 10 GB left, i got a 13" all white macbook from like late '07.

okay
im trying to change my Icons but it wont let me

im using Litecon and i keep getting a error msg when i use files that end with .png

is there any other software out there

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

okay
im trying to change my Icons but it wont let me

im using Litecon and i keep getting a error msg when i use files that end with .png

is there any other software out there

Candybar is way easier than the other apps to change the dock and icons.

Originally Posted by RedMan

I'm really bad at finding information in this thread, so I will ask the question that has probably been asked and answered multiple times in here already:If I install Snow Leopard, will it erase everything off my hard drive or is it more of an upgrade?

Back
Top Bottom